The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Atlantis

Here, you can discuss the Mayans, Atlantis, the Aztecs and other ancient and lost civilizations.

Who lived in Atlantis?

Humans.
50%
Humans and aliens that evolved in outer space.
No votes
Humans and aliens that evolved here on earth.
No votes
Aliens.
50%

Total votes : 4

Postby sandra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 pm

And aethra, thanks for sharing that chinese li information, had not read much on it before, another thing I find interesting is the symbolism in history for water also connects to that of the womb many times, and I can never read enough about anything to do with either one of those. Good information. p.s. I can't get my vote to submit correctly on the poll. Seems like the polls haven't been working lately, Ill mention that to John. (the site owner) aka balckvault. Because the polls are fun. :geek:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby sandra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Aquatank wrote:I can answer how they were similar quite readily. IF we accept Atlantis' existence hypothetically, then its placed at 12000BP (according to Plato), now we know most of the world is settled by humans by atleast 30000BP. The next part is cultural diffusion: trade in goods, stories, and ideas. So there is a possibility of large amount of cultural diffusion taking place over the intervening 18000. Think about the amount of diffusion which has happened in just the last 400 years and move forward another 17600 and you'll understand what I mean.

I earned my name in college. :twisted: :lol: :D

Aquatank, some of the information you provide is just awesomely amasing, but it seriously makes my head hurt at times, you lumped about how many thousands of years into one paragraph of an explanation in the cultural diffusion since what 12,000BP. :lol:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Aquatank » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 am

Its easy to lump a whole lot of history together when almost nothing is known about it. Its also easy when you don't want to write a multi textbook series explaining every nuance.

There two titles by Elaine Morgan on the the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis, I actually got one at a yard sale or something but never bothered to read it so I don't know how good it is. One of many books I never get around to reading but keep on hand for research purposes when I'm in the mood (I've got like 4 Janes reference books that believe me I don't want to read cover to cover, I prefer reading novels)
Aquatank

Postby UNDRSTNDNG » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 pm

The topic of Atlantis has always fascinated me and I definitely believe that it existed. I also believe that there was fairly advanced civilization on earth going back much further than Egypt. One of the things that has convinced me of this is the Piri Reis map.

The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice.

Further and more accurate studies have proven that the last period of ice-free condition in the Antarctic ended about 6000 years ago. There are still doubts about the beginning of this ice-free period, which has been put by different researchers everything between year 13000 and 9000 BC.
The question is: Who mapped the Queen Maud Land of Antarctic 6000 years ago? Which unknown civilization had the technology or the need to do that?

I may be leaping but i believe that it is possible that Atlanteans were responsible for the original mapping and cartography. Some say that whoever had the technology 2 draw that map were either an extremely advanced sea faring civilization or one that had aerial capabilities.

I also read an extremely interesting book by Rand Flem Ath called "WHEN THE SKY FELL" and that was the first time I was introduced 2 the Atlantis in Antartica Theory. In this book he basically stated that he believes that Atlantis was a prosperous civilization for an untold period of time before the last great Earth Crust Shift displacement and that once that earth crust shift displacement tookplace it caused cataclysmic natural disasters, earthquakes, floods and so on and that this is what is mentioned in The Bible and other ancient cultures.

in terms of who lived on earth I believe it was amixture of humans and alien/ angels and their offspring who were giants [who have been mentioned in just about every ancient culture].

Excellent thread and ideas :clap: !!!
UNDRSTNDNG

Postby WarAngel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm

It won't let me vote. :x

My thinking has changed over the years. I no longer think of Plato's writings on Atlantis as being a literal interpretation.
I think if there was a real Atlantis then it was populated by Aliens. Plate techtonics has disproved the continent theory
so any map showing Atlantis as a continent are unfortunatly false. There's one in a book called Martian Genesis that shows
the Northern Polar region as the "Atlantean Alps." The main continent being in the North Atlatic; with parts stretching into
the central part of the ocean. It's a nice looking one. But I need more before I take it as truth.

For Atlantis to have existed as a populated place it would have taken an unknown advanced civilization or any given extraterrestrial race.
I heard in some documentary that there is or was a culture in Eastern Mexico that had a legend of a civilization that fell to a tragedy similar
to Plato's Atlantis. But I have yet to see it mentioned anywhere else and I can't remember where I saw it.

My current thinking is probably controversial even in Atlantis belivers. An episode of History Chanel's UFO Hunters entitled Underwater Area 51
discussed the topic. In the episode it was claimed that Atlantis is actually still active and is an underwater USO Base for extraterrestrials.
It goes on to say someone was able to remoteview the area and saw a hand that was described to be similar to the aliens we know as Greys.

It also mentioned that the United States facility AUTEC is involved. Including what appears to be a "comunications cable" running down into a trench.
Also submarine like craft and UFOs are said to have been spotted in the area.

Another intriguing thing the show mentioned was that Atlantis existed on Earth at the time of a "uni-continent" which likely means Pangaea
which existed 250 million years ago during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras.

So maybe Plato got some of it right and wrote it in a way that people of his time would understand. iirc he got the story from Solon,
who got it from the Egyptians.

I'd like to know that some form of Atlantis is true.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Now for some more mainstream theories.

While looking through my copy of Martian Genesis it occured to me to see what it had on Atlantis. I checked and found some interesting things
I hadn't read before. I wrote them down in some notes. :ugeek:

* Crantor was an early follower of Plato. He interviewed Egyptian Priests that validated Plato and showed him hieroglyphs written on columns.
These writings gave a complete account.

* Kosmos a sixth century Egyptian monk claimed in his Christian Topography that the story of Atlantis was a "garbled version" of the Blibical Flood.

The Flood is mentioned by many cultures around the world. So there's strong evidence it happened. I also remember hearing that Solon
had been told the story of Atlantis by Egyptian priests. He then took it back to Greece and Plato used it in his writtings.

Aethra wrote:Hello,

I have a theory about aliens which I wrote about in another post. Basically it says that humans were apes who became
relatively aquatic for a period of time (aquatic ape thoery)

I had never heard of this until I read this post. After re reading I Googled Aquatic Ape Theory and to my surprse found a
Wikipedia entry. Thank you Aethra for bringing this to my attention. I hope you return soon as I see you haven't visited in
a long time. This board need members like you who bring up lesser known theories. We are after all trying to find answers and
can do that better with more information. Without it things become harder.

I like your screen name. It has a pleasing sound. And I enjoy reading how you see the world and things in it. :D

Aethra wrote:From the bottom up? From the bottom of the ocean up? Or under the Earth? I think our ancestors might have
lived in caves near the ocean, and some went up and some went down, into the water, or earth, that is until they learned to
fly and maybe even leave Earth altogether.

Or maybe were removed from Earth by extraterrestrials. There could be an offshoot of humans living on one or more planets. 8-)
It could explain why some races like the Pleiadans/Pejarens are said to look exactly like humans. This would even fit in
with the common science belief that aliens would look nothing like us. Because they're not entirely alien.

UNDRSTNDNG wrote:I may be leaping but i believe that it is possible that Atlanteans were responsible for the original mapping and cartography. Some say that whoever had the technology 2 draw that map were either an extremely advanced sea faring civilization or one that had aerial capabilities.

There were artifacts found in Pre-Columbian South America and Saqquara , Egypt that show evidence of anicent cultures
having some knowlage of powered flight.

Here's a link http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Ok found some more Atlantis information.

According to History Channel's UFO Files episode Deep Sea UFOs there are a few alien connections to the lost city.

1. Alexander The Great is said to have seen UFO (possibly resembling shining shields.) This caused him to search for them in a diving bell. Some theorize he was looking for Atlantis. This could have been known to him since he conquered Greece and would have had access to Plato's writings.

2. Atlantis being in the Mediterranean would have provided extraterrestrials a great place to observe ancient humanity.

3. The Bermuda Triangle is on top of a 4 mile deep ravine on the ocean floor. This would provide and excelent place to build an undersea base. Christopher Columbus's own logs contain an entry dated to October 11th 1492 of a USO coming out of the water. Less than 5 hours later they discovered "The New World." Another entry speaking of stars moving but the compasses staying the same. I even heard a theory somewhere else that Columbus was looking for Atlantis. But he was probably looking for Plato's version.

4. Since Puerto Rico lies at the southern edge of the Bermuda Triangle the area is consider a USO hot spot. The lake of Laguna Cartegna is notable in this. Further evidence for the stated above for the area being an excelent location for a USO base. This plays into my earlier post about Atlantis being a home of extraterrestrials.

Overall it would be very smart for extraterrestrials to use underwater craft to get around. They could move throughout most of the world without being seen. Science even backs up the advantages of super sonic speeds if the craft could be enclosed in a bubble and it would act as if it weren't underwater.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Previous

Return to Ancient & Lost Civilizations

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts