The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

A Clockwork Orange

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby Lashmar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 am

Morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquarian » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:13 pm

:lol:

A great commentary on how the government, many times an apparatus of the ruling elite, manufactures evil in order to combat perceived evils (in this case, Alex's immorality) and making something beautiful turn into a painfully torturous reminder (Mozart's music).
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Aquarian

Postby Wing-Zero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Aquarian wrote::lol:

A great commentary on how the government, many times an apparatus of the ruling elite, manufactures evil in order to combat perceived evils (in this case, Alex's immorality) and making something beautiful turn into a painfully torturous reminder (Mozart's music).

Beethoven, but good effort.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 am

I watched this last night on Netflix after 10 years or better since I watched it the first time. I was still not terribly impressed. I think it's too much of a chaotic piece of work to really appreciate what the moral is, or intention is in the film.

I have to say it did renew my intentions to read the novel. Now that my wife has a Kindle it may be easier to find that a good copy of the novel. But then that's the comic collector in me wanting to get a first edition of the book, but I will probably have to settle for a newer reprint.

Anyways . . . don't get the appeal of this movie. Much like Watchmen.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 am

I think the main message of the story (beyond the mind control stuff) might have been something about intent and appearance

That media-wise..plubicity=wise...you can make a 'monster' seem to be an 'innocent' and an 'innocent' appear to be a 'monster'
He was brainwashed (by way of PTSD, of a sort) to be 'good' but he was still a monster..his victim..a man who was, actually, very kind..when realizing who he was, went nutso (PTSD) and attacked him..and was then portrayed as a monster, himself..
then he, the main character was 'fixed' to be his, natural, horrible self again
(though it also points out the life he led that help make him a monster..the poverty..his parents..etc...and the repurcussions of living life that way..when he went back..his parents new 'son'..being beat up by old gang members, etc...)

did you ever see The Bonfire of the Vanities?
Way different story..yet...
similar concept (minus the mind control and such)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts