The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

What are your thoughts on DESTINY?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 pm

How can someone know what I'm going to decide if I don't know what I'm going to decide?

And if no one knows what I'm going to decide that makes my destiny fluid rather than fixed. The outcome depends on me unless that I have a choice is an illusion. If free will is an illusion, then destiny certainly exists and is binding.

The shortest route to the peak is also the steepest, hardest path. There are manifold paths to take, many of which do not end, just circles, and many of which don't end at the peak.

Where the peak is the position from which one can see the outcomes of decisions as well as have the wherewithal to decide.

Decision cuts the chain. The etymology of the word is "to cut off." Decision removes the paralysis the undecided are caught in.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 pm

I sometimes think that we have a general outline..one that we have set out for our life before we are born, even. (certain marks/lessons we are aiming to hit)
Like writing an outline for an essay.
The outline is the destiny parts of our life..the rest..the fill ins..we create as we go. and maybe..because of the fill ins..even things we might have origionally been 'destined' for, we don't fulfill (good or bad)...and things we hadn't prigionally planned for come up.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Perhaps it is when we violate that outline that we end up suffering more. :?:
at1with0

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm

maybe..I think you might be on to something, there
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby Halfabo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 am

at1with0 wrote:How can someone know what I'm going to decide if I don't know what I'm going to decide?

And if no one knows what I'm going to decide that makes my destiny fluid rather than fixed. The outcome depends on me unless that I have a choice is an illusion. If free will is an illusion, then destiny certainly exists and is binding.

The shortest route to the peak is also the steepest, hardest path. There are manifold paths to take, many of which do not end, just circles, and many of which don't end at the peak.

Where the peak is the position from which one can see the outcomes of decisions as well as have the wherewithal to decide.

Decision cuts the chain. The etymology of the word is "to cut off." Decision removes the paralysis the undecided are caught in.

Perhaps it is your destiny to remain undecided.
Halfabo

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 am

Indeed... I can envision lots of scenarios where not deciding is deciding, also.
at1with0

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 am

True, that.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm

I have seen future events predicted, in person, and dead on accurate. Not things anyone could guess at but specific and detailed things. It is very real and quite impressive. Perhaps you still have freedom of choice, it's just that it is possible to know which choice you will make. There is some computer software out there that is being used to analyze the stock market and it has been very accurate. That software uses the fact that people respond in predictable ways. Spooky stuff.
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:54 am

I look at it this way..God or SOMETHING, some kind of 'origonal' consciousness is beyond time or outcome, right?

In ways we don't have the hardware or software to really grasp right now, right?

Some of us have enough ..something..to grasp..at least..sorta..the concept that there is no linear timeline and that everyhting is playing out and has played out at the same time, right?

We are, at most... a dot..all of it.......everything(dot,dot, dot)

from..some..'higher'...perspective..right?

This makes me further realize that every 'dot 'you notice..is everything playing out for soem bodies..all at once..also

"Hortin hears a Who", comes to mind

have fun with that

and I'm kinda a dingbat

so, have fun with that, too

:mrgreen:
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Reminds me of the Dr. Manhattan character from Watchmen. He didn't exist within a linear timestream. It's hard for a frog to imagine what a bird sees. To someone like that, this is all rather elementary stuff. Once you factor in all the decider's dispositions and tendencies, the choice would be pretty evident. With a small margin of error.

Except it's more like "blessed if you do" and "blessed if you don't." Sometimes.
at1with0

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts