The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

time travel...for real?

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby chrisv25 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:19 pm

Growing up in New York City in the 1950s, Ronald Mallett idolized his father, a television repair man and amateur inventor who sparked young Ron’s curiosity about the world. “He was the most important thing in my life, my entire universe,” Mallett recalled in a National Public Radio interview in 2007. Tragically, Mallett’s father died suddenly at the age of 33 from a heart attack, devastating 10-year-old Ron. Shortly after that loss, however, a comic book adaptation of HG Wells’ classic “The Time Machine” inspired Ron and set him on a life-long quest--if time travel was possible, he would build a time machine, go back in time and warn his father about his heart condition. Despite the barriers African-American students faced at the time, Mallett earned a doctorate in physics from Pennsylvania State University and became a tenured faculty member at the University of Connecticut. Over the years, while Mallett engaged in research on black holes, general relativity and other facets of theoretical physics, he continued quietly working on the concept of time travel, receiving NSF support for his work. Eventually he published a paper that built on the work of Einstein and others, and raised the possibility of using light to bend time--a process which could, theoretically at least, allow for time travel. Recently, director Spike Lee acquired the rights to produce a feature film version of Mallett’s published memoir, “Time Traveler: A Scientist’s Personal Mission to Make Time Travel a Reality” (Basic Books, 2007), co-authored with Bruce Henderson and published around the world. While Mallett continues making contributions to physics, thanks to his father’s inspiration, his own life inspires others.

love someone to debunk this...I don't even know where to start...I can't find anything wrong with his theory or math, however i'm undergrad lvl.

http://www.phys.uconn.edu/~mallett/main/main.htm
chrisv25

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 pm

hmmm...
interesting
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 pm

There is a way to time travel that requires almost no technology.
Though I think it's more likely that they're from a parallel universe exactly like ours just rolled back or pushed forward.

For example:
Travelers: arrive in 5 minutes.

Now if someone registers in the next five minutes, they might be another John Titor. :ugeek:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chrisv25 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:04 am

There is a way to time travel that requires almost no technology.

if you're referring to retro causality (google RPK)...i have studied that as well... interesting papers and experiments on the subject that prove something is going on. We just don't know what. It may be the first evidence of quantum entanglement in the macroscopic world.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/

if you're not talking about RPK I'd love to know what you're talking about.
chrisv25

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 am

If this board survives long enough for time travelers in the future, like future archeologists, then eventually someone will see the message I posted "travelers arrive in 5 minutes", but they won't see it for many years (maybe soon, maybe later).

Either way, a good time capsule is needed. When that time capsule is unearthed, eventually it will fall into the hands of a time traveler willing and able to come to the given coordinates. Now the ability to time travel will probably come before the willingness to time travel, I expect.

At any rate, a time traveler should be here lurking now, though they might have ways of tapping into this site without leaving any traces. Kind of like a self-reinforcing delusion which may, in fact, be more true than false.

Who knows?

edit Which math classes are you taking now?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am

It could never be done, it would have to be faked! :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 am

That's part of the reason why the time is set to five minutes in our future. That they didn't show up within five minutes and make their presence known could mean several things, including that reverse time travel is not possible. But to be sure, fakes would have to sorted out from the genuine.
at1with0

Postby chrisv25 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 am

this guy claims that you could not travel to a time before the machine was switched on because it is the machine that produces the effect...sounds reasonable.
chrisv25

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 am

Stephen Hawking pointed out: if time travel is possible, why aren't the streets crawling with time travelers? Why have they not been known as of yet in human history?

But, then again, maybe they are here but their presence is more subtle than we might think.

Interesting stuff.
at1with0

Postby chrisv25 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am

here is a video of a woman on a cell phone from 1928.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU
chrisv25

Next

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts