The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Space Discussions and Theories

Nasa mission to take astronauts to Mars permanently

From Mercury to Pluto and beyond. . .

Postby blackvault » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 am

Nasa is planning an audacious mission to send a manned spacecraft on a one-way trip to permanently settle on other planets.

The ambitious idea is known as the Hundred Years Starship and would send astronauts to colonise planets like Mars, knowing they could never come home.

Read the rest: http://www.theblackvault.com/m/news/vie ... ermanently
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Tairaa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Awesome.

Unfortunately given the way things are right now and how we're progressing I heavily doubt that socially we'll be geared for such a task for some time.

But I hope I'm wrong.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:33 pm

We were doing things for the Mars missions just before I retired, so things are in the works. I'm sure actually seeing humans on Mars will not be until the 2020's, but thats not a long time when new programs are being developed. I understand they have been testing with confining people in small places for long periods already. Question is, once someone has suceeded in that training, can they muster up the intestinal fortitude to do it all over again for real. Once you are on the way, no turning back, and what happens if someone goes bonkers 1/2way?

NASA played a big part in the daily plan and routine that they had the Chilian miners go though, becasue they knew they would be confined quite a lone time. I still can't imagine how they did it. How do you overcome that feeling of being trapped, either in a mine or small space capsule, that can not return. Takes a special breed of person, I'm sure not one of them.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Absolutely. To a lesser extent I think the same thing about submariners.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Return to Space Discussions and Theories

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts