The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Muslim Group Attacks Christmas in London

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Ninor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 am

frrostedman wrote:
Ninor wrote:
frrostedman wrote:Comparing the KKK to Orthodox Islam is like comparing a speck of dirt to Jupiter.

Yeah, except that the people in the article you posted were banned fanatics. Meaning they were about as "orthodox" to Islam as the KKK is to christianity.

Nice try I guess. Nobody here is fool enough to fall for it but you put the effort in and that's what counts.

Tairaa's argument has very, very little to do with the so-called "banned fanatics." Tairaa was comparing Christianity to Islam, and the extreme orthodox views that groups within both religions hold. Then went on to suggest the KKK is equivalent to the Orthodox extremists Muslims.

Nowhere in his post did Tairaa refer to "Orthodox extremists Muslims" in any way shape or form.

frrostedman wrote:There is obviously (obvious to honest people) no comparison between the two groups except that they are/were both violent.

Except for the fact that the KKK was founded on fundamental christian values.

frrostedman wrote:The KKK has not 1 single verse in all the Bible to back up it's views. Not one. Not even one to spin out of context to where it supports lynching and oppressing people because of the color of their skin.

hehehehehe ... :lol: Yes it does ... keep it up and I'll post a link to the KKK founding values.

frrostedman wrote:The same cannot be said about the Muslim extremists, who have countless verses to back up their views. You may believe that they take the verses out of context but nevertheless, there ARE verses that say to kill, bind, torture, punish, and plunder Christians and Jews.

Those type of people are referred to as "fanatics" Thomas. they're the ones who take a few verses from their book of worship and twist them around to suit their own personal views, not unlike what the KKK does.

frrostedman wrote:And then there is the comparison in numbers -- the KKK has about 5,000 members worldwide.

Right, and the Muslim population of the world is approximate 1.4 Billion people. If we were to believe your words, then you and all the people like you would be fooked, because you wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against 1.4 billion Muslims that were all out to "kill, bind, torture, punish, and plunder Christians and Jews".

frrostedman wrote:Like I aptly put it... a speck of dirt compared to Jupiter.

And I take back the "nice try." It was a really lame attempt.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :P :lol: :roll:
Ninor

Postby Halfabo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:51 am

Tairaa wrote:The Bible says something similar about God....

Really? Where?

And it's full of hateful things as well. Islam and Christianity are the same in that, the only difference is that right now we have a bunch of religious nut jobs killing people and imposing sharia law on a nation full of people who don't all agree with it.

Christianity and Islam are nothing alike, not even similar. Your claim shows you know nothing about either religion.

It's not Islam, it's fanatics.

The fanatics are fully supported by the Quran, the Ahadith and the teachings of Muhammad and the Imams. Try studying what is taught by the religion of Islam for awhile.

they DO come as Christians as well, look at the KKK!

While some members of the KKK claim to be Christians, there is nothing in the Bible that supports their actions.
Halfabo

Postby Halfabo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:00 am

Ninor wrote:
Yeah, except that the people in the article you posted were banned fanatics. Meaning they were about as "orthodox" to Islam as the KKK is to christianity.

Once again Ninor, banned by who? Banned by Islam? I doubt it. It is those same type of Muslims that are in charge of Iran, Saudi, Turkey and other countries that are under Islamic control. The group only seems to be banned in the U.K. which would indicate that it is banned by the British government. And it only seems that it is in the U.K. that they are called fanatics. In Saudi, they would be called fine upstanding citizens of Islam.
Halfabo

Postby Halfabo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 am

Ninor wrote:Except for the fact that the KKK was founded on fundamental christian values.

Wrong. The KKK was founded by bitter, angry, defeated southern ex-slave owners. It had nothing to do with Christian values but, everything to do with a revenge tantrum in response to the civil war.
Halfabo

Postby hxxx » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:19 am

are you bitter and/or angry 1/2abo?

Sure seems like it.
hxxx

Postby Tairaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 pm

frrostedman wrote:
Ninor wrote:
frrostedman wrote:Comparing the KKK to Orthodox Islam is like comparing a speck of dirt to Jupiter.

Nice try I guess. Nobody here is fool enough to fall for it but you put the effort in and that's what counts.

Tairaa's argument has very, very little to do with the so-called "banned fanatics." Tairaa was comparing Christianity to Islam, and the extreme orthodox views that groups within both religions hold. Then went on to suggest the KKK is equivalent to the Orthodox extremists Muslims.

There is obviously (obvious to honest people) no comparison between the two groups except that they are/were both violent. The KKK has not 1 single verse in all the Bible to back up it's views. Not one. Not even one to spin out of context to where it supports lynching and oppressing people because of the color of their skin. The same cannot be said about the Muslim extremists, who have countless verses to back up their views. You may believe that they take the verses out of context but nevertheless, there ARE verses that say to kill, bind, torture, punish, and plunder Christians and Jews.

And then there is the comparison in numbers -- the KKK has about 5,000 members worldwide.

Like I aptly put it... a speck of dirt compared to Jupiter.

And I take back the "nice try." It was a really lame attempt.

How about the biblical instructions to kill pagans? Or that say you may own slaves, and in fact beat slaves. Also, the church-dominated society that make up most of the "civilized" world not so long ago enslaved black people.

What about the Crusades, that was certainly religiously motivated against Muslims primarily but also against Jews if my memory serves, though admittedly it's been some time since I took history.

My point isn't that it's alright, it's all bad. My point is that it's not Islam, it's not Christianity, it's just the way she goes! People are like that, especially religious nutjobs.

P.S.

Thanks for calling me dishonest, @$$****.
Yours truly
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Tairaa wrote:How about the biblical instructions to kill pagans?

I challenge you to show me 1 single verse in all the bible where it says "kill pagans."

Or that say you may own slaves, and in fact beat slaves.

Most slaves back then were happy and voluntary. However they were to be punished, even physically, when they committed wrongful and/or evil acts. Yes. Completely normal for that day and time.

Also, the church-dominated society that make up most of the "civilized" world not so long ago enslaved black people.

But don't you see, you are tying actions into a group that didn't use its Scriptures to back up what it was doing.

It's like saying "I saw a group of Christians the other day, and they were all smoking. It's terrible that all Christians encourage and support smoking."

Now if the bible were to encourage and support smoking, then you'd have something.

What about the Crusades, that was certainly religiously motivated against Muslims primarily but also against Jews if my memory serves, though admittedly it's been some time since I took history.

Hate to tell you but the Crusades aren't even over. It was borne of vengence and greed... still the case today, especially between the Jews and the Muslims.

My point isn't that it's alright, it's all bad. My point is that it's not Islam, it's not Christianity, it's just the way she goes! People are like that, especially religious nutjobs.

That sounds a whole lot different and if it was put that way originally I probably would have done us both a favor and kept my trap shut! :)

P.S.

Thanks for calling me dishonest, @$$****.
Yours truly

Look, I'm sorry about that. I promise it wasn't aimed at you. I'd rather not explain the point and who it was aimed at because it wouldn't be worth it, but please forgive me. It was poorly chosen wording and insensitive on my part. I'm sorry.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Tairaa wrote:

You should study the history of the crusades closer. They were in direct response to Muslim aggression. Muslims had invaded France, Spain, Italy and other Christian countries long before the crusades were organized to take those countries back. The same thing is happening today. Will there have to be new crusades to drive back the Muslim horde?
Halfabo

Postby Tairaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Look, I'm sorry about that. I promise it wasn't aimed at you. I'd rather not explain the point and who it was aimed at because it wouldn't be worth it, but please forgive me. It was poorly chosen wording and insensitive on my part. I'm sorry.

Hey don't worry about it. Water off the back and all that, jazz. Sorry I called you an @$$****. :)

Now as far as the Crusades are concerned, there was more than one, and they were not all fought in retaliation. In fact, only two campaigns (again, if I recall the details correctly) were fought against Islamic expansion, the remainder were against a wide variety of people, pagans and jews for instance as well as Muslims, were also targeted during the Crusades.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, of course.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:57 am

Tairaa wrote:

Hey don't worry about it. Water off the back and all that, jazz. Sorry I called you an @$$****. :)

Now as far as the Crusades are concerned, there was more than one, and they were not all fought in retaliation. In fact, only two campaigns (again, if I recall the details correctly) were fought against Islamic expansion, the remainder were against a wide variety of people, pagans and jews for instance as well as Muslims, were also targeted during the Crusades.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, of course.

You know more about them than I do, I reckon. I know there was a cycle of violence, retalation in response to retaliation, in response to retaliation, all that jazz. But hey, let's make no mistake. Much of the Crusaders were about plundering and I don't guess they were all that picky on who they plundered when the treasure chests ran low. Of course, in their mind, they were doing it for the glory of God by building up the Church. Screwed up priorities, eh?
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts