The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

The entirety of mathematics is a hologram.

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Nothing dedicated to graphics. I use Wolfram Mathematica mainly to render my animations, though most are not 3d. I've been thinking about how to do one like the two animations I posted and can't seem to find an effective way to efficiently draw each frame.
I also use an old version of Adobe, both photoshop and imageready for editing animated gifs.
I'd love to see some of your work. Is it architecture, art, gaming, etc.?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Tairaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Alas I'm kind of akin to DaVinci in that I rarely complete something when I start it, and it's a mere hobby so I haven't really the time to invest to be good at it. Never the less I'd be happy to post up some pictures of my work. If you can call it work. :P

For now though I haven't the time, but when I return I'll get on it, so long as I remember.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Turns out I'm not busy, realized as I was leaving that I don't need to go to the bank for I have cheques!

So here's a showcase.

These here are from a model that I barely started, the only thing refined was the engines, I kind of lost my inspiration after that and never touched it since.

These were one of my very first projects, and one that I had just learned the tools involved with it's creation.

Psh, see the lazyness? I could have made that plane on the bottom there 5 or 10 units larger and covered the whole scene... Anyway, carrying on. :P

Here's a model of an XM-8 Assault rifle.

After I saved these pictures I made several improvements to the model, got rid of a LOT of excessive detail, and gave it a few textures. This was my first texturing jobby, and I'm not happy with it, it looks like crap, but it's what I was able to do. :P

Hmm, can't find one of just the weapon, but I found this one of it being shouldered by a model that ships with max. It's supposed to have skin, that's the point of the skeleton, but I didn't want to make a skin for him so he goes without.

The next few are my first attempt at particle systems to imitate a muzzle flash, I actually like the result, it's not professional but I feel I did well.

Note that those are not the same muzzle flash.

P-38 Lightning, some errors and whatnot, not bad overall I figure.

One thing I've made several times is a vehicle from the Halo video game series called a Pelican. here you can really see how much better I've gotten.

Here are the first three times I made it.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

NOW, this is the last time I made most of it.

Like I said you can really see the improvements.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Are some of those based on SC2 ships?
at1with0

Postby Tairaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm

No, they're all the same vehicle. The Pelican from Halo.
Tairaa

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Well, all are very cool.
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:00 am

at1with0 wrote:The axioms math is based on generates all of math.

The axioms are akin to the film and the "all of math" is like the image, in a hologram.

Or, at least, there is some self-similarity like a fractal.

Could be wrong though. It's happened before numerous times! :P

Wrong ? i dunno what taht feels like..there is never a complete wrong,there is always some truth in everything we react apon..

Like if i was to say i am Jesus ,that would not be a complete lie,because i was made in his image as he was in gods..

and if i were to say i am Elvis Presley then maybe i am ,because who is he anyway ? he was just a man ,a traveller like all of us,in each of us there lies some of you i guess .
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:03 am

wow some nice graphs..

are those ships prototypes tiarra,you own De Signs?
chiselray

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 am

chiselray wrote:Wrong ? i dunno what taht feels like..there is never a complete wrong,there is always some truth in everything we react apon..

Like if i was to say i am Jesus ,that would not be a complete lie,because i was made in his image as he was in gods..

and if i were to say i am Elvis Presley then maybe i am ,because who is he anyway ? he was just a man ,a traveller like all of us,in each of us there lies some of you i guess .

hmm...

:D
at1with0

Postby Tairaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 pm

That's a big negative Chisel. I can't draw, and modelling without reference images is something that am incapable of doing, it's very difficult.

Therefore I find pictures of stuff that's already been done and try to make them instead.
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts