The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

The simulated universe

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby at1with0 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 am

the more theories the better..
one thing is for sure about the human brain,it is also a universe...isnt it ?

it is a mysterious network of matter capable of asking questions,and that is what its best at..
I have often wondered if the brain would ever be happy if it knew everything there was to know..and i believe it would not be happy at that point because it would have no purpose anymore.
It is an offspring , a chip off teh the same block,the same wonders it is intrigued by it is also made of.
chiselray

Postby at1with0 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 am

I have mused that an omniscient human would be deathly bored out of his mind.

Then again, if I knew everything I would know how to not be bored, and how to be happy, and know how to make it happen..theoretically.

The article addresses an interesting question: why create such a fabrication? And the answer is speculated to be that it would give them more understanding of their universe.. However, his or her recount of Godel's theorem is not entirely accurate and Godel's incompleteness theorems are often abused ...
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

When I read the accounts of Jesus, I get an image of a slightly bored, slightly annoyed character who knows and sees all, and watches a bunch of pathetic humans run around crying about the stupidest things.

There is a theory that the universe is a hologram, but, did you know that the works of Pribram and Bohm have produced very convincing evidence that the brain acts like a hologram as well?

For example, Pribram tried removing different parts of the brain of a mouse I think it was, and the mouse would retain its memory anyway. Pribram proved that memories are not stored in phsysical locations, but many locations at once. It works similar to the experiment with the production of a hologram. A laser beam is split into 2 beams. One beam goes straight into a piece of holographic film. The other beam is bounced around with mirrors and then aimed at the same film. The result is a bunch of what appear to be a bunch of interference patterns. But when a separate laser beam is aimed at the holographic film, the "interference patterns" suddenly take shape in the form of a 3 dimensional image. Interesting enough but the point as relates to the brain and memory is, that holographic filim can be shattered into tiny pieces but every tiny piece of it is enough to reproduce the entire image!!

Through the work of Pribram and Bohm, it is argued that the brain locates memories using a similar technique. It uses beams that turn what would be interference patterns into memories (images in the mind) and those memories can be recalled as long as any small part of the brain still functions.

The universe as a hologram.

The brain as a hologram.

I'm telling you I think it's becoming more and more obvious to scientists that this reality we are immersed in is simulated and holographic in nature.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby chiselray » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 am

yes i like this topic...i need to think about this some more and the answers here,then after im even more confused about the why of the simulation theory i shall answer.. :ugeek:

btw it was karl lashley that removed brain pieces from rats,and discovered he could not remove the memory entierly..
Last edited by chiselray on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am

i dunno if i can handle the Truth :?
chiselray

Postby bionic » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 am

I have sometimes wondered if 'we' are the result of 'God's' big 'breakdown'.

You know, how a psyche, when presented with something so hugely disturbing, like the realization that you are all that there is, well, the pyche basically shatters.

'We' are basically, the result of the ultimate shattered psyche. "God" is in a disassociative state..'we' being the results of it's 'multi-personalty disorder'

A coping mechanism..to deal with the loneliness.

People in solitary conditions often do a version of this

and
as above, so below

so......
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 am

I once had a dream where I was in a recreation or manifestation of the mechanism that projects from the film to the image.

There was a scene in DS9 where the top agent in section 31 was dying and Bahir and Obrien entered his mind. They were in a manifestation of his mind which was a labyrinth of hallways and doors representing different compartments in the agent's mind. They came to a place with a library-like storage space of tons of datacards with the information stored in the knowledgebase of section 31 (the CIA of the federation, kinda), including all their black-ops.

As the agent was dying, the room started heaving and caught fire. The doctor (bashir) really wanted to save the information and the agent told him that there is no room like that in reality.

Point being that I don't think there is a room where the film gets converted to the image; it was a metaphor.

I don't know if the following will make any sense. Imagine a graph like for an exponential growth function. By using its Taylor expansion, it is revealed that the entire graph, all the outputs of the EGF, are completely determined by what goes on at a single point. By using information about what happens at a single point, the entire function can be seen as "stored" in a single point.

So I suspect that it's feasible that all the information in the universe is (or can be) "stored" in a single point. Back in 2002, without having been exposed to holographic theory, I got stuck in my brain that somehow we were all really living in a single point yet that contradicts all the empirical data I had, my perceptions told me that we were living in a 3D space but my intuition was telling me that in truth we were living in a point. That point is the film. And this idea for some reason led to an explosion of thought, maybe some kind of zero point energy was being tapped into, I don't know. I began to write prolifically, peak output of something like 10,000 words per day. There was a tremendous amount of inspiration and energy I was moving.

Could it be that I was tapping into THE point?? Who knows?

Like bionic was suggesting, this led to a fractured psyche. My intuition directly contradicted everything I thought I knew. If it is true that as above so below, is it true that as below so above??

The following poetic illustration was written in the 1970's I think but the idea of the interconnectedness of all things (such as if all things were really overlapped into a single point) is expressed in the Hindu religion and Buddhist philosophy as far as I know. This is called Indra's Net.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra%27s_net

Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering like stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring

It is quite possible for a Christian to also be a Buddhist and vice versa. I don't think anything contradicts the other.

That wiki article has a link to Godel, Escher, and Bach. "Hofstadter has emphasized that GEB is not about mathematics, art, and music but rather about how cognition and thinking emerge from well-hidden neurological mechanisms. " This relates back to the holographic nature of the brain.

It's kind of an aside though... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-la ... 81055.html

Indeed, according to biocentrism, it's us, the observer, who create space and time (which is the reason you're here now). Consider everything you see around you right now. Language and custom say it all lies outside us in the external world. Yet you can't see anything through the vault of bone that surrounds your brain. Your eyes aren't just portals to the world. In fact, everything you experience, including your body, is part of an active process occurring in your mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together.

Perhaps the simulated universe is a construct of the universal mind which one might say is God's imagination, so to speak.

"They breathe the word and it becomes," Covenant of Death Morbid Angel.
at1with0

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts