The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Halloween costumes?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Halfabo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 am

So what did you dress up as? If you dressed up? I don't normally but, this year I did. There is a long story behind my costume. I might tell it later but, right now post some pictures of your costumes.

This is the character. Wild Bill Hickok.

This is me.
Halfabo

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 am

I'm diggin' that 'stache.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby BloodStone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 am

well done Halfabo... !

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby greeney2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am

Just don't end up like Wild Bill! :lol:

It is actually quite a resembalance to Wild Bill. We already know your wild ways. :lol: :lol:

Very Cool, did you goto a party or something dressed up?
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Yeah, Greeney. I went to work like that, we had a Halloween party on the job.

About thirty or so years ago, I used to do wild west shows throughout So. Cal and Arizona. I played the part of Wild Bill for about ten years. That was when I looked exactly like him, before I started getting old (that sucks). Any way, I decided to put the outfit on one more time before I was too old to pull it off. For a little while, I did feel a little younger again. I was still tired and sore when I got home though.
Halfabo

Postby The_Joker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Well done Halfabo!! Outstanding Costume.

As everyone who cares knows, I was hoping to do the Nicholson Joker thing but couldn't due to issues with the availability of Make-Up artists.

The Decision was made to do Robin instead. Cutting a long story short I was leaving the house to go and pick up the costume and slipped on a puddle of water on the front stairs and went arse over tit and broke my Tibia (My Lower Leg) consequently I spent the next few days in hospital.

The only consolation was that there were a couple of pretty nurses looking after me in the ward but that is another story in itself.

Suffice to say the redheaded nurse (Pam) was particularly cute and I am not normally attracted to redheads but if I were not attached................. :P :P

I lost my deposit on the costume, missed a great night out (by all accounts of my friends). To make things worse I am now unable to go on my cruise because of my leg so I will lose the booking and even more money. (What a pain in the arse!).

Medical appointments are keeping me busy because of the nature of the break so I won;t be posting as much for a while unfortunately.
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby frrostedman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Well done, halfabo! Well done! Quite a resemblance, I must say. I can picture you kicking the swinging doors in at at an old West saloon!
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:10 am

frrostedman wrote:Well done, halfabo! Well done! Quite a resemblance, I must say. I can picture you kicking the swinging doors in at at an old West saloon!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've done that. It was in a show I did in Calico Ghost Town near Barstow Ca. I kicked the door a little too hard and pulled the screws out of the bottom hinge. The group I was with had to stick around after the town closed down for the day and fix the door. Good thing we were friends with everyone in the town.
Halfabo

Postby chiselray » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 am

that is an amazing costume halfabo...i tell u mate,im speechless enjoying how settled you look in character right there.... :geek:
chiselray

Postby Halfabo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:54 am

So where are the pictures of everyone else in their costume? I'm looking forward to seeing at1, in his tutu.
Halfabo

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts