The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

I hate when they do this! Fast food window change!

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:47 pm

I can't stand it when you goto a drive thru fast food window, and when you give them cash, you can only stick one hand out for your change. Usually your hand is at a bad angle, but I hate when they place a bunch of bills on your palm, than drop the loose change right on top of the bills. It immediatly becoming a balancing act with the change beginning to slide off into the 6-12 inch Abiss of A gap between your car and the wall, where you can't open your door, if it drops. Teatering to bend your arm back into the car, keeping the loose change level, from sliding is really annoying to me. If you close your fist, the underlaying bills will move the change, and make the coins slide off the edge of you palm. By the time you get your hand back in the window, some of the change is sliding off and falling onto the car floor.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:01 pm

:lol: :twisted: That always happens to me- doesn't matter who is giving me the change,
drive thru or not, it goes flying out of my hands.

And I end up pulling in way too close to the drive windows sometimes, where I'm
questioning my vehichle isn't scratching against the stupid poles they put out.

But you're right, your arm is always in an odd angle to accept the change, no
way to get around it!
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:28 pm

A few places we go are so small getting my Dodge Truck through is tough. Another pet pieve of mind is, the speakers always suck, and my hearing doesn't help. They spend A million dollars or more making a nice place, and stick $2 speakers in the drive thru.

That alone is bad enough, but all I want to do is get my order straight, I want This, this, this with that, and thats all. Before you get the first items out, its questions 1,2 and 3, and they get you so fouled up, they forgot what you asked for, intent of selling you everything under the sun. You repeat item 1 thinking they missed it first time around, and now you have 2 of them on the list, and the confusion goes down hill. By the time you get to your last item, they have it all out of the order you gave it, and confuse the crap out of you, reading it back to double check. Nothing pisses me off more than getting home and something got missed, but they tried to sell me six different things with 10 decision blocks.

Regular or large? I'm sorry we don;t have smalls, even know regular is the most tiny. Just call the dam thing a small. Supersize? No the sandwhich is not bigger, just more fries and drink. Care to try to this or the that? How about an apple turn over? Don't forget our breakfast items, so I didn;t, but they like here closes at 10:30, too bad the other place is til 11. :lol: They drive you nuts just getting a hamburger and fries. .Just shut up and get what I asked for right, Okay! :lol:

I have gotten real impressed lately with In and Out burger. They do not have a mile long menu, its is very simple and it works. They have long drive thru line, but they are efficient and fast. They are also right on the money not trying to make everything under the sun. They have their system completly togather.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 pm

greeney2 wrote:A few places we go are so small getting my Dodge Truck through is tough. Another pet pieve of mind is, the speakers always suck, and my hearing doesn't help. They spend A million dollars or more making a nice place, and stick $2 speakers in the drive thru.

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You can say that again! I don't know if its people just don't like the Job or they just
simply have a short attention span, or are unhappy or WHAT! But even worse, alot of
the times I find its people that have horrible english, combine that with windy or rainy
weather and its a sure thing you won't understand a word! :lol:

And I never like to go in for fastfood- they are not so clean friendly.
Although if I leave the drive window and realise they forgot something I paid for,
raaaaaawwwwwwr I had better just keep driving.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby Halfabo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 pm

You could walk up to the window when no cars are there and pick up the change that others have dropped. You might even be able to buy a full meal with it. :lol:
Halfabo

Postby sandra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Oh no, don't you realise Halfabo- the employees grab it for tips- they must make a heck of
a wage. :mrgreen: Either that or they put it into the Donation containers at the windows- what are the chances of that.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby The_Joker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 pm

It's how they scam to get tips Greeney2, seriously who tips the guy at Burger King?

Nobody that's who.

Woohahahahahahahaha
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts