The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Modern Relationships and Social Issues

Hints that its time to move on!!

Let's face it - we all have them. Come on in to offer advice, or maybe get some advice.

Postby sandra » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Ok had to post this as I was reading some articles on psychologytoday.com about the new law passing in Cali (something about the judge claiming marriage makes people happier and then I came accross this article ironically), oh I laughed at the first few 'hints' liiiiike uuhhh yep thats a sign. :mrgreen:

The bonus hint....check it out eh...LOL!! Well not very funny but a hint!?

12 Hints It's Time to Get Out of Your Relationship

1.You can't stand the sight of them and they make your skin crawl
2.You are afraid of them
3.Friends keep telling you to get out
4.They are mean to the children
5.The children are afraid of them
6.You can't remember anything good about them
7.You no longer enjoy anything with them or look forward to doing anything with them
8.They come in the door and your heart sinks
9.You don't want to go out with them with friends or family because they are too embarrassing
10.They keep making promises they don't keep
11.You're no longer proud of them
12.Quirks you originally found amusing are now embarrassing to you
Bonus hint:

They keep violating the restraining order you put on them

There's good and news about this list:

1.The good news, you're not alone if this applies to your relationship and there probably are people who would want to help you make the break when you decide to do it.
2.The bad news for you - if any of the list applies, it is probably not going to get any better by itself.
3.The bad news for me - my wife came up with the list.
•"Just Listen" Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone (Hint: the other person can't do this)
•The 6 Secrets of a Lasting Relationship: How to Fall in Love Again...and Stay There (Hint: If they're 12 for 12, go fall in love with someone else)
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby BloodStone » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 am

That's pretty funny.

I got another one, If you need a shrink to tell you it's time, maybe you should have got out a lot earlier. 8-)

Good stuff Sandra.....

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby sandra » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Thats pretty bad if a shrink has to tell ya
hmmmm
.....does that happen? :lol: :?

I'll have to go find some more of these hints.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby BloodStone » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:18 am

So ? anymore new ones ? :lol:

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby sandra » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:29 am

hehe here we go, this time from a new perspective- listen up here now :mrgreen:
only added this one because I found one hint in here pretty ridiculous.

You suspect the burning flame you two shared has flickered out. Your attempts to resuscitate your dying love has been to no avail. Still, you keep holding on for something. Do you need help deciding that your romance
has run its course? Then check out these 10 signs a relationship is over. If you see your relationship in about half of these, than that's a pretty good indication it's time to part ways.

"Ah, the Relief

You think he might break up with you, and you feel relieved! You daydream about meeting new people and mentally begin to shop around for a replacement. That's a sure sign that the relationship is over. And something to consider, he's probably thinking the same thing!

No Communication

Another of the 10 signs a relationship is over is the lack of communication. If just hanging out and chatting is a thing of the past, then it is probably over. If your conversations consists of grunting and point say good bye. Not talking isn't healthy for a relationship.

What's In a Name?

He unlovingly refers to you as the 'old ball and chain' or his 'old lady'. If you hear those words, it's go time! That's a sure sign that this relationship is over. That's being taken for granted.

:lol: thats not even cool! lol

Hit and Run

You hear reports from friends and loved ones that he's been hitting on others, or them! If he starts eye balling other women in front of you it's over. If he's trying to be a player, he's ready to go. Beat him to the punch, say goodbye first!

It's All Talk

You want to talk about taking your relationship to the next level and he's not. If he talks about discovering himself or sowing oats then that's a clear sign he's done. This relationship is over. If he isn't even willing to talk about the future then you probably don't have one together.

He's So Mysterious

Boyfriends who act mysterious are usually acting bad. Unless there is a surprise birthday party on the other side of his shady behavior, it's time to go. Don't be fooled. Late night texting and phone calling isn't the office, honey! It's a guy who thinks he's single."
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby at1with0 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 am

sandra wrote:.....does that happen? :lol: :?

yes.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby sandra » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Wow, hadn't thought of that.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:10 am

"So what are the warning signs that the end is nigh? Well you may not spot them but they will be there, and if you become clued in they're like a 1980s Magic Eye picture coming into focus. They are right there for you to spot every day. Think of subtle breakup signs as similar to watching a foreign film, the subtitles are right there for you to read.

So let’s start off with some very subtle signs that you can hear every time your partner puts on some music. Clue number 1 - if music be the food of love play on, or off. The music your partner decides to start playing near the end of a relationship is crucial. If you hear repeated playing of the same song, listen, it means something. Any repeated playing of songs with the words independent, survivor and your history should start air horns blaring in your head.

I had an ex who near the end of our three year relationship kept playing Sheryl Crowe's, All I wanna do is have some fun. When I didn't get the subtle reference she combined the song with repeated playing of the film Singles. Subtle? Not really but I didn't catch on. Hey I was young. Another classic breakup song that actually scores a zero on the subtlety scale is by The Beautiful South called I Need a Little Time. An ex of mine actually turned the volume up (we were in different rooms at the time) at key lines and sang along i.e., the freedom that you wanted back is yours for good I hope you're glad.

Clue number 2 may be a little harder. It requires concentration and focus. It actually involves listening to what your other half is saying to you. At all times. It also involves reading between the lines. You need to pick up on the fact that you really no longer exist for your partner. All talk of future plans will be redundant. Try booking a weekend break for a few weeks in the future, uhuh not gonna' happen. Your soon to be ex will no longer ask your opinion on anything unless its along the topic of the new apartments just built on the other side of the city or the difficulty rating in getting mail redirected.

Clue number 3 - important, it involves sex. The sex will begin to wind down now, if it even still exists. When you do find it happening it may include some fantasy play involved you pretending to be someone else, anyone else, just not you. If your partner looks blankly at the roof, walls, anywhere but at you during sex, bad sign. But if they begin reading the day's mail or filling in crosswords forget it, it’s over.

You can combine the listening clue with the sex clue. After sex, while still embracing use the words, "I love you." If he or she replies, "that's good" bad sign, if they have already rolled over and went to sleep, that's worse. If they jump up put on The Beautiful South at full volume and then start ranting about love having no meaning in the modern society, "look at Brad and Jennifer", then forget about subtle signs.

Of course all of these signs do not necessarily mean the relationship is over, but they should give you a pretty good idea that something is wrong. The best way to deal with it is to break the signs down into a time scale. Have the signs all happened in the last few months? If they have, the situation may not be irretrievable. If they have occurred within the space of the last 24 hours then your future together does look shaky to say the least. If you come home and find your home emptied of furniture, then the subtlety routine is over with.

And when it’s all over, try and be dignified, it ended for a reason. You may be sniffling into your bowl of tear soup with the hope that he or she is feeling the same way and one phonecall or text message won’t hurt, but remember. Remember when you ended relationships and were secretly glad that they were over, that may be how your partner is feeling right now. Plus they will probably be telling their friends about all the signs they gave you that the relationship was ending. Sadly, you were just too dumb to pick up on them."

http://www.broowaha.com/articles/727/th ... nship-doom

Some of this stiff is quite humorous.
"You were just too dumb to pick up on them".... :lol:
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby mrmonsoon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 am

sandra wrote:Ok had to post this as I was reading some articles on psychologytoday.com about the new law passing in Cali (something about the judge claiming marriage makes people happier and then I came accross this article ironically), oh I laughed at the first few 'hints' liiiiike uuhhh yep thats a sign. :mrgreen:

The bonus hint....check it out eh...LOL!! Well not very funny but a hint!?

12 Hints It's Time to Get Out of Your Relationship

1.You can't stand the sight of them and they make your skin crawl
2.You are afraid of them
3.Friends keep telling you to get out
4.They are mean to the children
5.The children are afraid of them
6.You can't remember anything good about them
7.You no longer enjoy anything with them or look forward to doing anything with them
8.They come in the door and your heart sinks
9.You don't want to go out with them with friends or family because they are too embarrassing
10.They keep making promises they don't keep
11.You're no longer proud of them
12.Quirks you originally found amusing are now embarrassing to you
Bonus hint:

They keep violating the restraining order you put on them

There's good and news about this list:

1.The good news, you're not alone if this applies to your relationship and there probably are people who would want to help you make the break when you decide to do it.
2.The bad news for you - if any of the list applies, it is probably not going to get any better by itself.
3.The bad news for me - my wife came up with the list.
•"Just Listen" Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone (Hint: the other person can't do this)
•The 6 Secrets of a Lasting Relationship: How to Fall in Love Again...and Stay There (Hint: If they're 12 for 12, go fall in love with someone else)

Just as a point, these ten items can refer to a male or female!!!!!

Just saying.....
;)
mrmonsoon

Postby greeney2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 am

When the locks on the doors are changed and you find you cloths on the front lawn, thats a clue. :lol:
greeney2

Next

Return to Modern Relationships and Social Issues

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts