The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

" It's a comin' "

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 pm

The butthurt in this thread is quite unexpected. Guess I'm just an ignorant youngin'.

Protip - bolt action > lever action. Take it for what you will. ;) :lol:
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
User avatar
Wing-Zero
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: California Uber Alles

Postby Halfabo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 pm

sandra wrote:That is an ignorant statement to call me ignorant.
I did not think the joke was funny, nor did it personally offend me,
and yet I would still like to take Tom up to the rez for a round a bout with
his funny joke, ok not really, But Not every person is going to think that joke is funny,
oh well, gimme a break. Tom likes the drama anyways.



I understand that not everyone likes every joke. How about this one?

If a pediatrician opens a clinic on a reservation,

would it be called a small Injun repair shop?
Halfabo
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby The_Joker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 am

Yep it's a-comin all right and not just in America.
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
User avatar
The_Joker
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Postby frrostedman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Halfabo wrote:I understand that not everyone likes every joke. How about this one?

If a pediatrician opens a clinic on a reservation,

would it be called a small Injun repair shop?



BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*grabs a soft, over-ripened tomato and takes aim*
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby Halfabo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm

frrostedman wrote:
Halfabo wrote:I understand that not everyone likes every joke. How about this one?

If a pediatrician opens a clinic on a reservation,

would it be called a small Injun repair shop?



BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*grabs a soft, over-ripened tomato and takes aim*



IN COMING!!!!!!




:lol: :lol:
Halfabo
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby sandra » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Halfabo wrote:
sandra wrote:That is an ignorant statement to call me ignorant.
I did not think the joke was funny, nor did it personally offend me,
and yet I would still like to take Tom up to the rez for a round a bout with
his funny joke, ok not really, But Not every person is going to think that joke is funny,
oh well, gimme a break. Tom likes the drama anyways.



I understand that not everyone likes every joke. How about this one?

If a pediatrician opens a clinic on a reservation,

would it be called a small Injun repair shop?


What do you call an Indian surrounded by a bunch of drunk White guys?

Black Jack Dealer. :mrgreen:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
sandra
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm
Location: Minnesota US

Postby Halfabo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:05 pm

sandra wrote:
Halfabo wrote:
sandra wrote:That is an ignorant statement to call me ignorant.
I did not think the joke was funny, nor did it personally offend me,
and yet I would still like to take Tom up to the rez for a round a bout with
his funny joke, ok not really, But Not every person is going to think that joke is funny,
oh well, gimme a break. Tom likes the drama anyways.



I understand that not everyone likes every joke. How about this one?

If a pediatrician opens a clinic on a reservation,

would it be called a small Injun repair shop?


What do you call an Indian surrounded by a bunch of drunk White guys?

Black Jack Dealer. :mrgreen:



:lol:
Halfabo
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Halfabo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Have you heard the real reason why Crazy Horse was killed?

The Lakota people were starving, so Crazy Horse finally came in to the rez to save his people.

After they got their, they were told that they all had to have jobs to help support themselves.

Crazy Horse offered to be the fort's barber.
Halfabo
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby The_Joker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I am astounded by the reactions of a few over this joke. It was a good joke, it I suspect is also true in the sense that it is a reflection of the feeling of mainstream America of things that are happening now.

Claims of Racism/racial hatred by some go a bit far for mine. Black, white, blue or brindle you have to see the humour in it.

I am a Conservative and proud of it, I believe in Honesty and Straightforwardness, I am more often than not blunt and straight to the point and what goes along with that is not being politically correct.

"Political Correctness" Can not be found in any dictionary I can readily access, simply because it does not exist. It is a phrase used by people who would rather buckle under to those who wish to oppress others or those who are too weak of spirit to accept the truth in a straight forward manner.

So-called political correctness is fast destroying society in the most insidious ways, so-called political correctness is as effective as diplomacy in a lot of ways because sometimes diplomacy is rarely straight forward or honest.

I personally would rather tell the truth bluntly and offend than be politically correct and use language that skirts the issue while making concessions along the way to appease.

People who demand political correctness my be in the vocal minority but the silent majority have had enough of the BS forced down their throats.

Up the Revolution!!
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
User avatar
The_Joker
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Postby mrshumphreys » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:41 pm

I just thought it was a really lame, unfunny joke, which totally leads me to believe that Tom is correct in thinking that he'd heard it told by someone on the blue-collar comedy tour.
:P
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
User avatar
mrshumphreys
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: R'lyeh

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest