The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Sandra

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby bionic » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 am

My H was excited to move there becaus of the Vikings... he's mainly a Bills fan, because he's from Buffalo..but as a kid, for some reason he loved the Vikings.
He was bumming when it looked like Farre was going to quit.
He is very excited about all your sports team stuff. He's an aging ol' jock in his heart...lol
Use to play football in school and hockey as a kid.
He's looking forward to season passes and taking our kid to all that stuff.
We should be heading out there in mid to late October.
Looking at places in Minnetonka, Burnsville and Eagan. He will be working not far from the airport and we want to live within a half hour of there.
That would be the big perk of living there..we live inland now, in So-Cali..and he works right near LAX and out of LAX..it's practically a two hour drive each way..in INSANE traffic...nutz.

I told him we , when moving there..simplly MUST go for all the perks we can to balance out the fact that for at least the first year or two , we are going to seriously miss the sun.
I just read that Edin Prairie (near where he will work) is considered one of the best places to raise a kid in the country (and has consistently been so )
In fact, about five towns around Minneapolis have consistently been ranked in the top 100 places to live and raise kids. So...THAT'S cool. :)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 am

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby sandra » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh I laughed listening to that song. :mrgreen: Good 1.

Well thats great that your husband likes the Vikes, I know I will have to make it out to atleast one of the 8 home games. And you guys should love the new Twins Stadium if you get into baseball. Just went to a game thursday and sat behind home plate, it was a blast, but we lost the game. And I don't like 7 dollar bud lites. My retired Great Uncle has been the Minnesota Twins Locker room Security guard for years and years now. I miss Christmas as a kid, always got a new signed ball. Guess I was an odd girl at times. Still have quite the collection of baseball cards etc, and my basketball collection is mint.....however I finally gave some of my better cards to my younger brother.....almost killed me handing those over. And by my bed now is a nice plaque of number 4 FAVRE... :lol:

Edin Prairie, Edina, Eagan, Burnsville, yep- yous are definitely looking at the finer burbs in Minnesota. Sounds like your husband has quite the day just in driving time. :?
Hope you guys find a place here you really like. And your son might enjoy it here, wonder what he will think of the winters.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts