The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

‘Torchwood 4 gets new title: ‘The New World’

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

by James Hibberd | August 7, 2010

Starz' "Torchwood" reboot will be titled "Torchwood: The New World" and creator Russell T Davies gave some insight into the storyline.

The new story will follow a CIA agent (Rex) and analyst (Ester) who tackle an alien-related global issue. Torchwood, having been destroyed and disbanded, is "like a legend now ... it's like something that's ceased to exist and is now spoken of only in whispers." Soon, Rex and Ester are on the run and are seeking out the help of Captain Jack and Gwen.

"The two teams coming together is a big part of the story -- are they friends or enemies? There's a lot of sparks and excitement."

"We definitely have a really big story to tell," added executive producer Julie Gardner. "It's absolutely rebooted to welcome in a new audience."

(Hear that "reboot" haters? She said "reboot." Reboot! Reboot!).

The ten episodes will be very fast paced, telling a self-contained story with the miniseries "Children of Earth" being used as a template.

Being on Starz, the show could potentially take advantage of looser standards for nudity and violence.

"I've always had loose standards and practices," Davies said. "If the story demands intimacy or savagery, we will go there absolutely ... [but] there's nothing better than a great big global thriller that stops for a sex scene -- it's probably hard to make that happen in a thriller."

HUB LINK

SR: Well best of luck but bring back Ianto !

Postby tofu_kronos » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Kewl, i always liked the series. BBC rules when it comes to sci fi. by the way if you spell torchwood different you get doctor who.
The universe is small, compared to man's imagination
tofu_kronos

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm

me too..I have been a life long Doctor Who fan (literally..my whole life)
I have been loving the new Docotor Who and Torchwood was great..hope to see more of it soon here in the USA
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby tofu_kronos » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Dr who is the longest running sci fi serie ever world wide. And the best.
The universe is small, compared to man's imagination
tofu_kronos

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts