The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Meet The Puppy That Glows In The Dark

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Is This Right

Yes
No votes
No
60%
Hell I Want One Of Them!
40%

Total votes : 5

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:58 am

Yes a glow in the dark dog!

The puppy was bred to produce a fluorescent protein that glows red under ultraviolet light, but it's red skin colour can also be clearly seen in daylight.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090429/tod ... 0a197.html
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Uhm, kiiiinda weird.

I don't see the harm in this specifically, but I do see the harm that further progressions in GM technology can and probably will bring to us.

In general I don't think it's a good idea. Err, lemme rephrase.

It's a great idea. We aren't good beings though. So we will invetiably turn it around for the worse. Gauranteed. Same thing with AI, if we live long enough for AIs to be self-aware, and more intelligent then humans, we're in trouble. An infinitely logical being will inevitably determine that our removal is a good idea, since we operate so very counter logical.

GM will be used as a form of warfare eventually if we carry it for long enough, you just wait.

We'll have a real life "48 Hours Later" (2003) or something like that. OR THE ZERG! :P :lol:

P.S. It's not glow in the dark, it's glow in the presence of UV EMR. Just a minor detail. :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Reminds me of the glow in the dark goldfish on The Big Bang Theory.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 1:15 am

Tairaa wrote:P.S. It's not glow in the dark, it's glow in the presence of UV EMR. Just a minor detail. :P

It came from Yahoo, meaning to me it’s up there with The Sun. Take everything with a pinch of salt.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts