The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Nothing works here anymore!!!!

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby rath » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 am

Nothing works around here anymore.

Linking to other posts / pages don't work.

bots everywhere, google bot ect ect ........ can you say NSA.

Nothing works ......... ARHhhhhhhhhrrr

I log in........ it dont work.

I log in...... it works & im asked to log in again ..... & again ...... & again ...... ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ..................

I need to use 4 different passwords just to log in.

My current password ... it sez your loged in then sends me to log in page ....

then it sez my password is wrong an asks me to log in ...

& i need to put in my old password from the old Blackvault.

Then it sez im loged in but wen i post it sez im not loged in.

how can somebody be both loged in and logged out at the same time useing, 2 ... 3.... 4 different passwords at the same time.

Makes me wanna beat the shiit out of somebody.

John ..... Are any of the mods helping you out at all.

I mean i thought thats what they were spose to be doing ........

Ninor thinks hes a hot shot computer wizz, whats he doing to help.

I deleat cokkies .... i use compatability view .... iv tryed everything i can think of .....
rath

Postby blackvault » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 am

Rath.. ummm.. what?

Ok, I am not entirely sure what you are talking about. No one has had these types of problems.

Tell you what -- email me privately and send me your login name and pasword you want to always use, and I will make sure the forums and main site are completely synced up. I can't access passwords.

In regards to the forums and other issues, I am guessing you are using IE? What version?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:49 am

Just so you know, the mods help control the boards, not administer and program.

Also, the bots you reference are logging the site, those are normal so pages come up in search engines.

In addition, the linking issue has been dealt with in other posts. I am trying to make it easier, but you can right click on the thread, and click properties. That will give you a URL for the thread. You can then link to that.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby rath » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:29 am

Um .......

yhe, ill message you some time in the next 24hrs or so .......

most the probs are made worse by the fact its 3.00am here, & i need sleep.

i know your working fast as you can on fixing this ...... its not really a big deal.

It's late here & i was being pushed around by a log in button ........

Stress.

:x

Think i was going to let the web site get the last word ........... NO WAY.

I was logged in after only 30 odd trys & it only took me 4 trys at posting this message ... :)

I was victorious this time. ( & I showed the log in button who's boss.)

Ill message you once the sun comes up' here.

Cheers John.

Have a good one.
rath

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:26 pm

He may not have explained it just the way I did but i think he's venting about the same stuff I've been yappin about.

I found something out when I worked a few years in I.T.

Just because people don't complain, you can't just take one guy's complaints as "his problem." It turns out that most people just don't say anything and are content to just work around things as best they can. I'm a little too OCD/anal to do that but I've found that most people aren't.

I would say send everyone a PM and ask them to describe their experience, but the problem is most of us have no clue we have PM's anymore. The old way was great, you'd get a pop up window. NOW, you have no idea you have a PM unless you manually check your mailbox. And the mailbox isn't exactly easy to get to either. The personal toolbar makes some things easier but how does anyone even know how to load it? And not only that but the personal toolbar, even though it has a mail button, doesn't tell you that you have mail, you still have to check manually.

Again, to me the user, it's like a new system has been sort of painted over the old one, but the old one still has some functionality while the new one also does, and it's got to be confusing for everyone, trying to figure out how to best use the site now.

I'm just happy as a lark I finally figured out how to login permanently on the forums (using the old style login option) but that still only solves that problem. My login on the new interface with personal toolbar still times out and makes me relogin on a regular basis.

As far as you telling me before that the hesitation during page loads is the interface trying to detect how big the window needs to be, that makes sense but the problem is, half the time it never figures it out and all I get is a little piece of a page.

With my 35mbps up/down connection, I don't think it's a matter of bandwidth either. I can let it sit there for 60 seconds straight, and nada. Just a little piece of the page is all I get.

And then there are other times when I'm reading a long list of posts inside a thread, and then I try to jump to another page. What happens is, the next page that loads turns out to be the same super long size as the last page I was looking at, and I end up at the bottom of it with nothing to look at. I have to scroll sometimes several screens upward to finally see the material.

So the page sizing thing you spoke about seems to be broken. But intermittently. Half the time it works fine.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts