The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Lost

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Sparty » Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 am

bionic wrote:I watched every fricken episode of LOST. Ever hopeful that they would en dit with some kind of genuine closer and respect.
Not so.
It was a lazy ending..lazy writers.
Any azz can lead you down a garden path. It takes a genuine WRITER to pull it all together in a closer, validating kind of way.

WHO was the smoke monster? WHO was Jacob????

Ancinet Gods..

How about the Australian gilrls..oh so important baby??

So many storylines over years left..dangling


L-A-Z-Y writing.
Color me as dissapointed as I first predicted I would be.
Yet..somehow they kept me watching over the years.

So..there's that.


Yeah, the problem is that the questions that needed to be answered were answered. The baby was important because none had survived on the island since the incident. Jacob and his Brother were not ancient gods, they were a split between the woman who raised them...the brother taking on the smoke monster form, Jacob taking on the protector form.

I don't see how the ending was not validating? It was a perfect representation of the power of our Constant. Each of these people were brought to that place to find their Constant, they were together because the the time they spent on the Island was the most critical parts of their lives, and when they touched their Constants, they remembered their lives, allowing them to "move on." (and no, it's not a Christian theory.)

The series was about the characters, and the plot and the questions that surrounded them were only there to explain the character's journeys. I can see why some were more interested in those questions than the characters, but in a show that spent so much time explaining character back story, how can it be anything other than a character driven show?

I respectfully disagree with the lazy writing argument. It just wasn't what you wanted it to be, which is a story about the island and a tale about what it all really meant. It was about the characters.

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
User avatar
Sparty
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Postby mrshumphreys » Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Sparty wrote:
Yeah, the problem is that the questions that needed to be answered were answered. The baby was important because none had survived on the island since the incident. Jacob and his Brother were not ancient gods, they were a split between the woman who raised them...the brother taking on the smoke monster form, Jacob taking on the protector form.

I don't see how the ending was not validating? It was a perfect representation of the power of our Constant. Each of these people were brought to that place to find their Constant, they were together because the the time they spent on the Island was the most critical parts of their lives, and when they touched their Constants, they remembered their lives, allowing them to "move on." (and no, it's not a Christian theory.)

The series was about the characters, and the plot and the questions that surrounded them were only there to explain the character's journeys. I can see why some were more interested in those questions than the characters, but in a show that spent so much time explaining character back story, how can it be anything other than a character driven show?

I respectfully disagree with the lazy writing argument. It just wasn't what you wanted it to be, which is a story about the island and a tale about what it all really meant. It was about the characters.

Zounds!
Sparty



I really really liked the ending, Sparty.
Everyone else I know was at least partially disappointed, but not me. I loved it. :D
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
User avatar
mrshumphreys
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: R'lyeh

Postby Sparty » Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm

mrshumphreys wrote:

I really really liked the ending, Sparty.
Everyone else I know was at least partially disappointed, but not me. I loved it. :D


Well, that's because unlike the troglodytes here, you have good taste! I know that your taste is good, because it matches mine, and I certainly have good taste. It's true.

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
User avatar
Sparty
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Postby chiselray » Thu May 27, 2010 6:48 pm

aww boo hoo
User avatar
chiselray
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: earth

Postby Sparty » Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

chiselray wrote:aww boo hoo


Listen, you Image

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
User avatar
Sparty
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Postby bionic » Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 pm

troglodytes

hmm...

You must be one of the writers..or a friend of one of them..I'm deducting

It was lazy writing and any 'troglodyte' with half a brain can see that..it was still kind of a neat ending..but all that build up and so many danlging or half danling story lines...it deserved a REALLY COOL ending

People tend to like CLOSURE

But hey..they warned us early on..
Turn that screw
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Turn_of_the_Screw

this is me 'respectfully disagreeing' with you :mrgreen: ..troglodyte, that I am
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
User avatar
bionic
 
Posts: 9889
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Sparty » Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 am

bionic wrote:
this is me 'respectfully disagreeing' with you :mrgreen: ..troglodyte, that I am

:P

I suppose that's acceptable. Just don't get carried away.

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
User avatar
Sparty
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Postby mrshumphreys » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

There are about a million pages like that on Lostpedia.
You must REALLY be in love with that one to keep linking to it. :roll:
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
User avatar
mrshumphreys
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: R'lyeh

Postby chiselray » Sun May 30, 2010 5:37 am

i REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKED THE ENDING OF LOST
User avatar
chiselray
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: earth

Postby Sparty » Sun May 30, 2010 11:12 pm

chiselray wrote:i REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKED THE ENDING OF LOST


Alright, I guess you are OK again.

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
User avatar
Sparty
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests