The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

So, how about that oil spill....

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Rockandrollmama1 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Check this out. It's unbelievable.... -

[url][/url] http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/05 ... -video.php
Rockandrollmama1

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Welcome Rock, I moved this thread which you posted in the wrong forum. You will get the hang of it as you go along. New subjects and ideas are always welcome, we have many forums, sometimes its obvious where to post a subject, General is for many things that don;t fit anyplace else.
greeney2

Postby wrunner » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm

WOW :shock: Good find. I just feel so ashamed of humanity watching this video. It is utterly appaling. I thought it was interesting that he pointed out that not only are we harming our earth, but now we have tons of people out of jobs....
wrunner

Postby bionic » Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 pm

All I can say about that spill, at this point is..Holy Mother of God!!!
:o
Some are saying it's turning out to be the worst ecological disaster in recent history.
:(
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm curious what if we find out the rig blowing up was terrorism?
greeney2

Postby wrunner » Sat May 22, 2010 3:53 pm

greeney2 wrote:I'm curious what if we find out the rig blowing up was terrorism?

Well, it wouldn't surprise me.
wrunner

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 22, 2010 7:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:I'm curious what if we find out the rig blowing up was terrorism?

And not the radical Jihadist variety either. I've always suspected it was a terrorist act from a radical, so-called 'environmentalist.'
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 pm

...and the people that died are just collateral damage? Are there really non-Muslim radicals from the Americas who are that...that; what's the word, indoctrinated? God, i hope not. The hard core environmentalists may hold 'Mother Earth' high above the value of human life, but to end that many lives for 'the cause' takes it to another level; or 2.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but, after 7 days, Obama should have stepped in and told BP, "You're out of the room until we get this under control and then, after we cap it, put a valve on it, or figure out a way to control the mess that you created by not having the proper blow out preventer in the first place, THEN you might get the scraps after we're done".

I know the depth of water compounds the problem, but it seems, if he would have put the full weight and resources of the greatest country in the world behind an effort to solve this problem, we wouldn't be lookin at a month and half with crude still gushing uncontrolled into the Gulf.

But I could be wrong and that is indeed Generally the case. :(
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby Aquarian » Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Notice our propensity towards blaming allegorical/hypothetical "subversives" instead of acknowledging this as a corporate/capitalist man-made disaster wrought upon the environment because of utter mismanagement, neglect and constant skimping on regulatory mechanisms (including the off-switch which BP lobbied heavily against that even SHELL has on their rigs). What needs to happen is criminal charges need to be filed against those responsible, seize BPs assets and redistribute for funds and claim payments, and immediate nationalization, which has not been brought to the table by the Obama Administration. Of course, why would that happen when you were a coffer for the same oil companies now responsible for this disaster? Why would one do that when you grant over 30 waivers for more off-shore drilling?

Tell me frostedman, how would a radical environmental group go about reaping this disaster when the cause of it is thousands feet below the surface of the water? Infiltration?
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Aquarian

Postby greeney2 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:30 am

How many more man made disasters can our planet withstand? Chernobol, Sadaam Hussien lighting all the oil wells on fire, this oil spill, ozone depletion, killing rain forests,global warming. When we can't see the rate we are making species of animal extinct in just the last 50 years, we are heading for unrecoverable levels. I wish I knew the answer.

This oil spill is totally out of control, and they are going to try jaming stuff down the pipe now, but the total solution to drill and path in a shut off, they say will take until August. We have watched 30 days of nonstop flow, and are looking at another 90. How many more rigs are just like this one in the gulf? Imagine a few more blowing up.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts