The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Information Technology / Computer Talk

Windows 7 Install

A forum where you can view tech and computer related articles and exchange tips and advice. Need help with a computer problem? This is the forum for you!

Postby BloodStone » Fri May 14, 2010 7:55 am

I have the alienware aurora..probably spelled that wrong... :lol:

It's wicked fast for gaming , and has more memory than I'll ever need.

Not sure what my whole system is, I'll have to look when I get home , and post it..

you won't be disappointed. The only thing I didn't like is the tower is a lot bigger than I'm used to. But I guess with all the cooling fans , and such that is needed for room.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:06 am

I decided (for now) to go with cyberpowerpc... a lot more customizable than Dell (aurora), you can specify motherboard, case, etc.

And they offer rush assembly ... Dell has about 18 days until they ship.

It's gonna be wicked. Atm they are offering the i7 975 xtreme for the price of the 970, probably not a huge difference but the 975 is intel's 2nd fastest proc afaik.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby CodeBlack » Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm

The more power your system has the more cooling it needs. A bigger case allows more airflow. The alternative to a big case for a high powered system is liquid cooling. Some cases are made specifically for liquid cooling. Liquid cooling has the added benefit that it eliminates the need for noisy fans. SSDs run hotter than HDs. Overclocked CPUs, Chip Sets & Memory run hotter. An i7 runs hotter than the previous Core 2 Duo/Quad's. For some time I've believed we needed a bigger mobo size standard than ATX for better heat dissipation. If you're a mad overclocker you'll need that bigger case (and extra cash for the parts you fry). Or you could just get a mac or an iPad. :roll: :lol: A co-worker of mine just bought an iPad, showing it off to make people jealous. Not!
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby mrmonsoon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 am

My Rig

Coolermaster HAF 932 case
Asus X58 Sabertooth motherboard
Intel I7 960 quad core@3.2 gig
24 gigs DDR-1600
Asus 7870 cuda2 video card
BFG 1000 Watt power Supply
Asus Sonar D2X Sound Card using fiber optic cable to my surround system
thermaltake silverarrow
2 X H 2511X monitors.
Razer Death Addler 3500 gaming mouse
Razer blackwidow ultimate mechanical keyboard with cherry-mx switches and uses "black" level stiffness
Acera 1213-41 raidcard with 8X interface
Corsair 128 SSD X 4 in RAID 0

" SSDs run hotter than HD"-no my friend, they do not. In fact, they have no moving parts and don't produce heat. They also use MUCH less power than a traditional hard drive making them perfect for laptops
mrmonsoon

Previous

Return to Information Technology / Computer Talk

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts