The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

the big bang

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby chiselray » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm

And, no. Not quite. That would be religion, science is always tweaking and tuning theories to match up with new evidence. This is why religion has given us nothing of use of several thousand years and science has put us in space and given us medicine and computers in a short few hundred years. Because it's objective is to learn, not preach regardless of blatant falsehoods in what it says.

again ..the expert of everything..one eyed is no guide to understand things you dont get...
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 am

where did the matter come from tiarra
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church."

Magellan.

The Scientific Method hasn't existed for 500 years..
It was also not intended to, however maybe there are many clues in biblical history, which we know only dates back 5000 years of so. It was still only 500 years ago science thought the earth was flat, so clearly since the days of the Pyrimids science didn;t learn much in 4000 years. It wasn;t until 175 years ago science hadn;t figured out the wheel enough to invent the lathe, which started the industrial revelution. Until only 100 years ago science didn;t figure out how to fly. Science didn;t figure out how to goto space until 50 years ago. Science didn;t figure out much of deep space until the last 15 years with the Hubble Telescope. Science hasn't figured out clean fuels, alternative fuels, or how to bring back countless creatures that have gone exinct. Science hasn;t figured out cures for many deseases yet, and not can;t figure out global warming.

Well, that's the cost of progress. Religion figured none of those things out, and won't if you give it a million years. Science will.

where did the matter come from tiarra

Don't know. But it existed before the big bang. So did time. They existed within the singularity that expanded rapidly into the form of the [ever expanding] universe we see around us.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 am

Time is an interpretation Humans have created to explain the evolution of matter and the forces of the universe.

Of course it is one of the most important tools for mankind to use.

Until only 100 years ago science didn;t figure out how to fly. Science didn;t figure out how to goto space until 50 years ago. Science didn;t figure out much of deep space until the last 15 years with the Hubble Telescope. Science hasn't figured out clean fuels, alternative fuels, or how to bring back countless creatures that have gone exinct. Science hasn;t figured out cures for many deseases yet, and not can;t figure out global warming.

And what has religions done for all of this? except stalling and deminishing science for hundreds of years?
Wihout such ignorance and evil stupidity we would already have figured out alot more than we currently have today.

Let's take this other problem between Science and Religion.

Religious people fears that scientist will somehow destroy this world with new inventions.
Yes I of course think about this too since a few top level scientists actually has more brain to create things but no brain at all caring or learning from old mistakes.
Like I was watching this documanetary last week about some american scientists saying that during this spring, they might be succesful in creating the first artificially constructed living lifeform ever, and I am not talking about microbes.
What I hated most about some scientists is when they said : " We have everything under control and nothing or anything will ever leave or somehow destroy or work in our labs " "ok" I take your "word" on it :roll:

What "non believers" fears from religions is the forever damnation, slavery and hatred they have for people that doesn't even want to harm others and simply wants to live their lives.
For people who only wants to seek the truths about everything and yet religions stops them because they only believe in a God that did everything.
If we the true seeker of this world would never go against the church and such people we wouldn't even know anything except blind ignorance for all eternity.

On the other hand, it is mostly catholics and muslims that have caused much pain amongst good hearted people anyway.
There is a reason to why there is a time in our history called The Dark Ages :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby chiselray » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 pm

wing and dark see what religion gives us...its not fantasy in its value ,there is a god of creation...the words of the bible speak the truth in their translation when that is taken on board..religious folk to me are fine,but in some respects they are brainwashed that one religion is far more the truth than another..I believe this is what is wrong and not the summary of the messages in those books...
As much as someone who doesnt invite religion in ,someone who does so with not seeing how all religions can be equal is just as misguided ..

Don't know. But it existed before the big bang. So did time. They existed within the singularity that expanded rapidly into the form of the [ever expanding] universe we see around us.

your even wrong about the theory....
chiselray

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat May 01, 2010 3:16 am

wing and dark see what religion gives us...its not fantasy in its value ,there is a god of creation...the words of the bible speak the truth in their translation when that is taken on board..religious folk to me are fine,but in some respects they are brainwashed that one religion is far more the truth than another..I believe this is what is wrong and not the summary of the messages in those books...
As much as someone who doesnt invite religion in ,someone who does so with not seeing how all religions can be equal is just as misguided ..

I can only go along with the 10 original commandments, the rest is written by man and has no purpose in any way in my life or opinions or anything.
I don't really like religions, but I don't like the people even more since of course it is all their fault in the end.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby chiselray » Sat May 01, 2010 4:12 am

as opposed to the 10 written by ??
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 pm

your even wrong about the theory....

Am I? Damn... I guess since you said it, it must be true.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby chiselray » Wed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm

seriously ...months ago you said the big bang created all matter and time in the universe..

but that cant be true..And that time is not an illusion that we all debated about....
Time was created at the point of big bang ...

The bb probably did create time,but it didnt create matter,thats the biggest hole in the theory...Matter does not exist already in a place that had nothing before,the structure of the universe is an open void.the universe is expanding ect ect..
Now you are saying in this topic that there was matter before the big bang ,that sort of doesnt make any sense..the whole idea of the big bang theory is to answer where did everything COME FROM...matter basically...you cant just claim it was already here because that is nothing but a guess that doesnt give credibility to the big bang theory..
chiselray

Postby shadowcass » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 pm

"Religion is not to be used to find the truths of the universe". Hmm. Depends, doesn't it, on what KIND of truths you're looking for?

As for the "Big Bang Theory" it explains nothing. Sure, before the bang there was Singularity but the only place you would find Singularity is in the core of a Black Hole. Now, the only way you can get a Black Hole is for a star to collapse in on itself growing denser and denser and so on.

THEREFORE you need a previous universe filled with stars and planets and so on in order to get the Singularity that exploded in the Big Bang that resulted in the universe we know.

So, as one pursues this, one finds oneself going back and back from one universe to another through Big Bang after Big Bang with NO explanation of how it all started in the FIRST place. What we DO know is that it cannot BEGIN with a Singularity....

Oh, but forgive me...I shouldn't be attacking your faith in this way. :lol:
shadowcass

Previous

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts