The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Court rules again against vaccine-autism claims

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby rath » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

March 13, 2010

WASHINGTON - Vaccines that contain a mercury-based preservative called thimerosal cannot cause autism on their own, a special U.S. court ruled on Friday, dealing one more blow to parents seeking to blame vaccines for their children's illness.

The special U.S. Court of Federal Claims ruled that vaccines could not have caused the autism of an Oregon boy, William Mead, ending his family's quest for reimbursement.

"The Meads believe that thimerosal-containing vaccines caused William's regressive autism. As explained below, the undersigned finds that the Meads have not presented a scientifically sound theory," Special Master George Hastings, a former tax claims expert at the Department of Justice, wrote in his ruling.

More than 5,300 cases were filed by parents who believed vaccines may have caused autism in their children. The no-fault payout system is meant to protect vaccine makers from costly lawsuits that drove many out of the vaccine-making business.

Autism is a mysterious condition that affects as many as one in 110 U.S. children. The so-called spectrum ranges from mild Asperger's Syndrome to severe mental retardation and social disability, and there is no cure or good treatment.

The U.S. Institute of Medicine has reported several times that no link can be found between vaccines and autism.

In a separate matter, the U.S. Supreme Court said earlier this month it would decide whether a federal law protects vaccine manufacturers from lawsuits in state court seeking damages for alleged design defects.

The high court agreed to hear a Pennsylvania case involving a lawsuit by the parents of a child who suffered seizures after her third dose of a diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine. They sued the vaccine manufacturer, Wyeth, which Pfizer Inc purchased last year.
rath

Postby bionic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am

The "Autism Epidemic" that is not decreasing but increasing in numbers as time goes by..with no officially known cause (as of yet)very much, reminds me of Arthur C. Clark's, "Childhood's end"
:(
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby rath » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 am

bionic wrote:The "Autism Epidemic" that is not decreasing but increasing in numbers as time goes by..with no officially known cause (as of yet)very much, reminds me of Arthur C. Clark's, "Childhood's end"
:(

true that.
rath

Postby bionic » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Right?
I mean, WTF???
In th eUSA the numbers this year are officially 1 in 90 , I think>
HOLY CRAP!!
People should be terrified.
What does this mean?
It's terrifying.
When my son was first dx'd it was JUST beggining to be an epidemic.
Whe strangers came across us, I'd say "He has Autism" and many of them didn;t know what I meant.
NOW..they all do.
I can tell.
When we are out and about and he acts up and I say "he has Autism", every single person knows what I mean. Many of them tell me they either have a family member with it or know someone who has a child with it. This has been a huge jump since my son was first offically dx' at two and half years of age. Back in 2001.
I mean.
REALLY?
What is happening to the human brain/mind??!!
Something is MAGORLY changing or perhaps, "going wrong" (at least from the "old mind's" perspective)
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby rath » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 am

bionic wrote:Right?
I mean, WTF???
In th eUSA the numbers this year are officially 1 in 90 , I think>
HOLY CRAP!!
People should be terrified.
What does this mean?
It's terrifying.
What is happening to the human brain/mind??!!
Something is MAGORLY changing or perhaps, "going wrong" (at least from the "old mind's" perspective)

What i find most terrifying ........

Is how many people go around blaming autism on vacciness only.

This is stupid and ignorant.

Autism's real causes remain hidden & continue to avoid responsibility.
rath

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts