The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Fourth Kind

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 pm

event_horizon wrote:WARNING: ***SPOILER***

I just saw this movie yesterday and I must say I was really disappointed.

The alleged "real" footage used in this movie is bogus and it should be illegal to claim that it was "real". I heard it was recreated "real" footage but even if it was, anybody with a logical brain can surmise it as complete nonsense. If that kind of thing was really caught on film (people levitating and becomming paralized DURING hypnosis, LOL c'mon), and is supposedly happening all over the world, it would have been captured on film hundreds of times and it'd be all over the internet and media.

At one point in the "real" footage, the abductee, during hypnosis, appears to be possessed and starts chanting something (while levitating) in an ancient Somoan language in a demonic tone, then later on an interpreter comes in and interprets her as saying "I am God". Then later on Milla's character (who was the abductee) comes in and says, "it can pretend to be God".

STUPID!

It seems to me the filmaker has an alterior motive here. It's like someone painting blood on the eyes of a Jesus statue, trying to get people to believe in "God"......"There is no other intelligent life out there. Ooooooooo look, the aliens from outer space are really demons, so you better believe in "God".

It's a slap in the face of human progress, and it sucks. Don't waste your time and money.


The way I perceived it, the attempts to recover the memories triggered a "mental fail safe" in the patients which resulted in the injuries (and suicide for some) they sustained during their sessions. The people were forced to forget what had happened to them yet the image of the owl, probably implanted as part of the memory wipe, seemed to creep into their concious.

The language you're referring to was Sumerian and was translated. The part you refer to about God, was that one time and nowhere else in this movie. If anything, it left me with the impression that the alien's set themselves up as God to the ancient civilisations or were what the ancients interacted with that gave them that impression.

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner at the moment so I'll have to cut this short unfortunately.
Guest
 

Postby event_horizon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

It's not that aliens are actually trying to pass themselves off as "God". It's the ancient civilizations that misinterpreted what they saw in the sky as being "God" or "angles"...which is why saucers were drawn into the backgrounds of religious tapestries.

If they genetically engineered us, then yes, they'd be our gods. And if they did, I don't think they'd want us believing in "God", since their own civilization probably had to go through centuries and centuries of bloodshed over such a belief.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm not so sure I share that sentiment, event_horizon. It's plausible that the races visiting us today did, and still do, set themselves up as God. The depictions in those tapestries, to me, may well be a warning from others who've come to the same conclusion or witnessed these beings. Fear being a huge theme of organised religion. Don't question me(us), do as I(we) say. The suppression of knowledge, the crusades did a number on ancient knowledge.

Much of the descriptions of divine intervention, in my opinion, sound suspiciously like alien interference. Pesky humans aren't falling in line? Let's stage a stigmata or even better, an exorcisim. I don't think our ancestors mistook anything but rather, saw well orchestrated signs and miracles that steered them in the direction they went. By steer, I mean forced. Something happened, there's a reason for the term "God-fearing". (like the biblical accounts of God destroying cities that didn't fall in line?)

They also must not think much of us as we're constantly reminded that we're imperfect and flawed. We're also supposed to feel guilty at all times, because, surely we've done something wrong. I don't mean to offend christian's or followers of God but our ancestors weren't a bunch of chimps. They were flourishing civilisations with art, commerce, astrology, astronomy, mathematics, etc.
Guest
 

Postby ThemAreThoseUFOs » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 am

I actually thought that the movie was alright. It was annoying that they said it was "REAL" footage and it wasn't like any movie that claims bull! But I thought they did have some facts right in the movie.
~DR3~
ThemAreThoseUFOs
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:07 pm
Location: South Sioux city, NE

Postby event_horizon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Rykuss wrote:I'm not so sure I share that sentiment, event_horizon. It's plausible that the races visiting us today did, and still do, set themselves up as God. The depictions in those tapestries, to me, may well be a warning from others who've come to the same conclusion or witnessed these beings. Fear being a huge theme of organised religion. Don't question me(us), do as I(we) say. The suppression of knowledge, the crusades did a number on ancient knowledge.

Much of the descriptions of divine intervention, in my opinion, sound suspiciously like alien interference. Pesky humans aren't falling in line? Let's stage a stigmata or even better, an exorcisim. I don't think our ancestors mistook anything but rather, saw well orchestrated signs and miracles that steered them in the direction they went. By steer, I mean forced. Something happened, there's a reason for the term "God-fearing". (like the biblical accounts of God destroying cities that didn't fall in line?)

They also must not think much of us as we're constantly reminded that we're imperfect and flawed. We're also supposed to feel guilty at all times, because, surely we've done something wrong. I don't mean to offend christian's or followers of God but our ancestors weren't a bunch of chimps. They were flourishing civilisations with art, commerce, astrology, astronomy, mathematics, etc.


You do bring up some good points. But although there were advanced civilizations in ancient Ionia and Alexandria, they were ultimately annihilated by humans, not aliens. I doubt the aliens gave humans direct orders to do so, unless by way of a burning bush or something, in which case they would have been deceiving us all along -- I fail to see what purpose that might serve for them.

One other possibility I lean towards the most is that these aliens are actually explorers, in almost the same way our own explorers venture out into the wild to find what kind of exotic animals and insects they can find and study. I know that sounds kinda Star Trekky, but it seems like the most plausible explanation to me.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby CodeBlack » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:37 pm

I just hope they don't have a guy with a big saw. :roll: The Wood just can't bring themselves to treat the concept of aliens seriously. They won't do it. Even The 3rd Kind was a kids movie.

Every movie about aliens portrays THEM as bugs or monsters, and as essentially brain-dead. Reality couldn't be any further away. Humans still have a hard time dealing with not being at the top of the food chain, APPARENTLY. The Wood sells mostly to people under the age of 25 and they claim today's young generation has the attention span of a deer fly and therefore they have to make movies filled was gratuitous action to keep the kids from falling asleep. If that's true then Ridalin should be handed out at the ticket counter.

The last serious movie about aliens was Forbidden Planet in 1956. That had a monster too but it was created in the minds of the humans. How foretelling for the Wood.
N2TheBlack
User avatar
CodeBlack
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Guest » Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 pm

event_horizon wrote:I fail to see what purpose that might serve for them.


Exactly. Maybe it was an experiment in human susceptility, who knows. Did they get their kicks from playing God? Did they actually have a hand in creating us in the first place? They may well have been explorers but they sure made an impact nonetheless.
Guest
 

Postby WarAngel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I recently watched this film and was especially interested in it's allegedly true story. However after doing a Google search I can't find much to corroborate the "information" given. Can anyone help shed some light on how much is truth and how much is typical Hollywood putting things in to make a buck?

What interested me the most were references to the Sumerians. One of the oldest known civilizations on Earth. If true the film could be referencing the Annunaki. The translation that has the aliens saying something about "their creation" and something about keep or destroy could point to this.
What if it were true?
User avatar
WarAngel
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm
Location: Wallingford PA USA

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 pm

WarAngel wrote:I recently watched this film and was especially interested in it's allegedly true story. However after doing a Google search I can't find much to corroborate the "information" given. Can anyone help shed some light on how much is truth and how much is typical Hollywood putting things in to make a buck?

What interested me the most were references to the Sumerians. One of the oldest known civilizations on Earth. If true the film could be referencing the Annunaki. The translation that has the aliens saying something about "their creation" and something about keep or destroy could point to this.


I could have sworn I watched a documentary where some investigators looked into this and interviewed all parties involved. May have been on The History Channel, I'm not 100% sure now. The only person that refused to be interviewed was the sheriff, as I understand it he's never given any statement to anyone. Even after retiring.

Anyway, I loved this movie. I've been meaning to watch it again, it's been a while. My wife and daughters freaked the hell out though and I nearly had to pry them off the ceiling. :lol: My wife has never had an encounter or any event in her life to make her question if life exists elsewhere but the subject unsettles her nonetheless. This movie took her beyond the comfort zone and I doubt she'll ever watch it again. She prefers the "lalalalalalalala I'm not listening!" approach, as she'd just rather not know.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests