The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What is God?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 am

nightwolf wrote:Not even close Qmark, I believe in God, just not the typical version of Christianity.

So . . . are you going to tell us your particular version?
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:38 pm

I read this post again also Sheye, Q made a point of grouping born agains as unfair as grouping pedifile priests with all priests and I ageed with him. You than got onto a rant about fighting to the grave your position on pedifile priests, and it went from there. You are the one who started the debate on pedifile priests, Q and I were only talking about grouping people.

We have a few debates that have overlapped each other. A few in Religion and at least one is General where Sheye does not provide information to support her arguments. I was actually out of sync with this, from one of the other posts. I'd say "Just shoot me", but Sheye would think I'm serious.

Qmark found parts of what I found, and its easily found in Wikepedia some of the statistics. Sheye could have done the same thing, but spends her time composing rediculas rants like the one you just read. Of those 4500 approx. priest insodents about 3300 were never pursued due to the priest dying, and about 25% of the remaining resulted in some convictions, involving about 250 jail sentences. It was also stressed that these percentages were not very different from other religious demominations and sexual abuse cases. Sexual abuse is not limited to Catholics. The point I was trying to make is Sheye's lack of providing any actual facts, when they are available about several of her subjects.

As you can see Sheye strikes out in personal attacks, and has been warned on many occasions for her behavior, to which she acts the same way everytime. She has made her own situation of having the moderators watch her closely, not only for behavior but for derailing subjects, and spinning one subject into new questions or rambling aimlessly from one subject to another, with totally unrelated ranting.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Very interesting information there greeney2, hmm I should look up some information on that as well. You are right, there were facts and information out there that could have been provided on the subject, maybe they weren't because they did not support the claims.

And this was nightwolfs thread that got totally shredded.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby sheye » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Ok..heres an example of what I'm trying to say...

peadephilia ,first of all is one of the hardest crimes to prosecute,because of the amount of secrecy and shame involved in it.

Sex feels good,we all know that, but to manipulate young peoples sexuality in a way to take advantage of that is wrong,just as it is wrong for young children to act "provocatively" in front of others, which is usually from being taught to act this way...through media..whatever may be the case...just as it is wrong to manipulate animals sexuality that would be displeasing to its creator.

Greeney..I simply say there are many things that have happened all over this planet for centuries and centuries..that have not been recorded in some lil lawsuit....case..or kept"record" of, in human ways.
Anyhow, done ..I rest my case ..on that ..assumption,even though I know its fact!!!..
thankyou ..lets drop the subject please..its you that keeps rearing its ugly head again..
lets agree to disagree

satan wins enough battles,he doesn't need the satisfaction of us at each others throats, for trivial things, in the grand scheme of life.
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 pm

That fines and I;ll agree to something if you do.

I agree with you that there undoubtly are undiscovered cases, if you agree that of those discovered cases from the statistics I provided, they are real numbers, and the link also reflects actual and not imagined cases. This is not unique to Catholic Priest alone as statistics show in that link. You believe there are many true cases yet to come out, and I agree that there a many lawsuits that are fabricated.

Now lets let poor Nightwolf to gt his post back on subject. Sorry Night!
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:33 pm

God is the totality of (1) all that has existed, (2) all that exists, and (3) all that will or could possibly exist.

This totality is unchanging; while what is in category (1) will change, as does the contents of categories (2) and (3), the totality does not change.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby sandra » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi, welcome to the board at1with0 :mrgreen:

Very good insight, I like how you put that in terms. The contents change, not the totality. Infact in my mind I can take that alot of different places.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:56 pm

sandra wrote:Hi, welcome to the board at1with0 :mrgreen:

Very good insight, I like how you put that in terms. The contents change, not the totality. Infact in my mind I can take that alot of different places.

Thanks for the warm welcome sandra.

What I wrote could be construed as a definition of God but, for me, it is the output of the input where the input is my perception of God. The description of God takes into account that perhaps there is nothing in (1) and (3), say, if the only thing that really exists is in category (2).

Any two all-encompassing things must be congruent and the thing I have described is all-encompassing. So if God is all-encompassing, then this is God.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby sandra » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 pm

at1with0 wrote:
sandra wrote:Hi, welcome to the board at1with0 :mrgreen:

Thanks for the warm welcome sandra.

What I wrote could be construed as a definition of God but, for me, it is the output of the input where the input is my perception of God. The description of God takes into account that perhaps there is nothing in (1) and (3), say, if the only thing that really exists is in category (2).

Any two all-encompassing things must be congruent and the thing I have described is all-encompassing. So if God is all-encompassing, then this is God.

Like I said I see a bit of what you are saying, I can take that perception of yours and bring it many places throughout my own. Very good information you have.

Past, Present, and Future....Gods will has everything to do with being present. When we are present in our own lives and conscious of cocreation, we don't even take time to evaluate or discern much, its almost a given, we only have time to act....and the more present we become, the less of a delay in thought manifestations and effects, because our cause is closer to the source. 1,2,3, we can also see as our mind body and soul, when our mind and soul come together, our physical reality becomes all of it whole....thats when people dream less and less, they view their physical body just as sacred as their soul type of stuff.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 am

one could make the argument that 'time' is of no importance to God and "past, present, future" ,those concepts, are actually all 'present' from God's all encombersing point of view (which is all views, at once)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts