The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Created Illusion

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Suddenly I find myself questioning this popular notion that many or all of our experiences stem from illusions.

I have perceived a sort of illusion before; something nearly tangible and markedly present. When I looked around, everything seemed to be made of smoke and mirrors. Like a soap opera set with all the accouterments like curtains and beds, if you were on such a set you could get the impression that no one lives here, that this is an invention of some thing.

In those perceptions, I could say that the illusions are not strictly speaking illusions per se, as they are as present and tangible as anything; more like a spectrum ranging from that which is discovered to that which is invented. I am not aware of the entirety of reality. In that sense, I am often discovering previously unknown aspects of reality. Like the wheels, I can invent my way of looking at reality which effectively changes my reality. Sometimes this process of invention occurs without having conscious awareness of intent, if you will.

Inventions (what is popularly called illusions) and discoveries (what could be called genuine perceptions of reality) are both equally real, they are just two modalities of perception, as well as what is between invention and discovered.

My feeble attempt to describe my perceptions and put them in a perspective that makes sense to me. :P I feel near the point at which words betray me. I feel close to something but I'm not sure what.

Invention might be just one more cop out word in addition to illusion, which I also think is a cop out word.

Three days ago I wouldn't have said that, but now I'm deciding to look at my belief-framework again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xKo6-xu6dc
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby sandra » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:04 pm

at1with0-
Suddenly I find myself questioning this popular notion that many or all of our experiences stem from illusions.

Well, you must be lively....contents change right, is it illusionary, or just simply reality through our perception, as our perceptions grow, our effects grow, and our space and ability to create.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby malai5 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

sandra wrote:at1with0-

Well, you must be lively....contents change right, is it illusionary, or just simply reality through our perception, as our perceptions grow, our effects grow, and our space and ability to create.

I could not have said it better, sandra. ;)

Cheers

Malai5
THE FURTHER YOU GO, THE LESS YOU KNOW!
http://www.mam3.com.au
malai5

Postby sandra » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 am

Yes lately malai5 thats part of my line of thinking lately.
However I have heard you say that same thing with different vocabulary. :mrgreen:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts