The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Will Obama Block Release of Key Bush-Era Torture Memos?

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Jaack » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:30 pm

There are the people who want more government and people who want less.

There is the left and the right. The left are the loons the far left are off the map.
What?
Jaack

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Jaack wrote:

Noo miss dense. The military not being able to waterboard. The technique was never approved for the military use so good for them for not going against orders.

Ah...so you support the CIA who were in charge of MKULTRA, teaching poor people to make crystal, Iran/Contra, etc.

That is an institution that needs to be dismantled. And my stolen tax money supporting them needs to come back to those of us who have paid it.

The CIA is one of the worst things that has ever happened to this country.

Another institution that came out of the "good" war. They had to change their name after a bad rap from the first world war, the OSS. Funny that, how all institutions and corporations, like Blackwater, School of the Americas, Diebold, etc. have to change their names when they're corrupt and We the People find out about it. Same game, it's just a new name...again.

I'll support my soldiers, who swore to uphold the Constitution, over some corrupt, drug running institution like the CIA. I'll take the rules and regulations that these brave men and women take over some corrupt institution. The CIA needs to go away and get "un-funded". I don't see anything in my Constitution that allows a corrupt entity like them that interferes with other governments, creates terrorists, creates wars, tortures human beings and blackmails.

The CIA gives my country and my Founding Fathers a bad name!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Jaack wrote:There are the people who want more government and people who want less.

And Bush Jr. increased government and government spending, just like Nixon.

Are you saying that the modern republicans are the ones that want more government? After all, they're the ones who have increased government and government spending.

I like Ike, Paul and Goldwater.

Ron Paul is THE MAN for the 21st Century!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 am

Oh I know about the great, wholly effective division tactic that is the left-right boundary.

Jaack, there is a left and right when it comes to politics, but that's not what you're talking about despite what you think.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am

Tairaa wrote:Oh I know about the great, wholly effective division tactic that is the left-right boundary.

Jaack, there is a left and right when it comes to politics, but that's not what you're talking about despite what you think.

LOL
What?
Jaack

Postby shadowfx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am

Join the Libertarian Party Jack... You know you want to...
It's the only one that makes sense!!!
shadowfx

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am

Nesaie wrote:
Jaack wrote:There are the people who want more government and people who want less.

And Bush Jr. increased government and government spending, just like Nixon.

Are you saying that the modern republicans are the ones that want more government? After all, they're the ones who have increased government and government spending.

I like Ike, Paul and Goldwater.

Ron Paul is THE MAN for the 21st Century!

Modern Republicans sure did. I'm a conservative before being Republican.

I was against many of the spending during the Bush years.

BUT

Dear reader has already eclipsed the spending during the Bush years.
What?
Jaack

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 am

shadowfx wrote:Join the Libertarian Party Jack... You know you want to...
It's the only one that makes sense!!!

No way will I ever waste my vote on a alternative party. The libertarians need to join the Republican party. Doing anything otherwise is just electing the D'Rats.
What?
Jaack

Postby shadowfx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

As a Libretarian I can say we do vote for the person who is most in line with our philosophy.
McCain, sure as h*ll wasn't.
Why do you insist on only voting between the 2? That's what's essentially wrong with the Rep Party in the first place. Strict conservitives can't and won't ever win. They have to pander to others. Or at least they believe that they have to. That's why I left the Rep Party. I'll vote Repub when I feel the person is right, but not just because I was blindly told to vote for them.
shadowfx

Postby screamzero » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm

There are all kinds of hammer heads:

Conservatism tends to favor a ‘practical’ rather than a theoretical approach but generally emphasizes free-enterprise capitalism, minimal government intervention in the economy, rigid law and order, and the importance of national traditions.

A conservative is one who adheres to principles of limited government, personal responsibility and moral values. A conservative would likely agree with the statement in George Washington's Farewell Address that "religion and morality are indispensable supports" to political prosperity.[1] Conservatism arose in the 19th century as a response to liberalism, particularly as manifested in the French Revolution.

One kind of conservativism:

1. Immediate revision of taxes on capital gains and undistributed profits in order to free investment funds.
2. Reduced expenditures to achieve a balanced budget, and thus, to still fears deterring business expansion.
3. An end to coercion and violence in relations between capital and labor.
4. Opposition to “unnecessary” government competition with private enterprise.
5. Recognition that private investment and enterprise require a reasonable profit.
6. Safeguarding the collateral upon which credit rests.
7. Reduction of taxes, or if this proved impossible at the moment, firm assurance of no further increases.
8. Maintenance of state rights, home rule, and local self-government, except where proved definitely inadequate.
9. Economical and non-political relief to unemployed with maximum local responsibility.
10. Reliance upon the American form of government and the American system of enterprise.
1937, U.S. Senator Josiah Bailey of North Carolina
http://www.northcarolinahistory.org/enc ... a/12/entry

Modern examples; same ethics:
http://www.theconservativemanifesto.blogspot.com/

http://www.conservative.org/

...interesting how stable solid-core values remain. Conservative is conservative.

You know somebody won't think this is clear enough. Hammer heads.
Last edited by screamzero on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
screamzero

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts