The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What do you think about this ad ?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 am

Its a few years old now

Everyone knows who this guy is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2M3LrfFAw&feature=related
chiselray

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:00 am

Is rape and violence against women rampant in Australia or something?
If so, I had not realized that.
Any ad that speaks out against it is a good thing, I think.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 pm

since Reid has become some kind of celebrity in Australia ,he has his foot in a lot of areas...its just an angle i guess for the younger idiots who may look at him as some kind of DUDE to take note ..
I doubt it does any good to violence no matter who tries to convince you its wrong...

This guy being a former prisoner is now selling childrens books,his own range of beer nuts,doing stand up comedy,selling books doing ads, ect ect...its like a snowball effect..
chiselray

Postby rath » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

bionic wrote:Is rape and violence against women rampant in Australia or something?
If so, I had not realized that.
Any ad that speaks out against it is a good thing, I think.

No, .........

it's not even close to the USA or Europe.

Australia has 22 million people ....... say around 10 million are under 16, & what ... 5 million over 50.

There would be more woman killed in the usa from violence against woman' then there are woman / people aged 18-50 in Australia.

We are just a very socially aware nation.
rath

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 pm

since Reid has become some kind of celebrity in Australia ,he has his foot in a lot of areas...its just an angle i guess for the younger idiots who may look at him as some kind of DUDE to take note ..
I doubt it does any good to violence no matter who tries to convince you its wrong...

This guy being a former prisoner is now selling childrens books,his own range of beer nuts,doing stand up comedy,selling books doing ads, ect ect...its like a snowball effect..

I don't know...i guess I'm starting to feel like violence is voilence,and just plain all wrong in accomplishing anything good,though I can have violent interior reaction,in emotion, at times to percieved emotional intent of anyone wanting to create hurt in any form

I DON"T LIKE THE ADD!!!,I think it promotes violence,and as menapusal
woman, thats a dangerous message to send anyone. am not one to believe that men who hit woman are the biggest evil doers, that they must suffer,sooo much more to fix it,doesn't really help
And quite franky I've seen men hold back so much,from hitting a woman that is totally abusing them mentally emotionally,and sometimes physically..

I mean what the fck..a human is a human,and both genders do each other wrong....for whatever crazy irrational feelings they feel at the time.

prime example..i just got into a huge fight with my ex today..cause I'm worried about him,he's always seemed to hold the things that bother,hurt , and really piss him off,deep inside till hes ready to explode,its difficult at times to try and talk to him about whats bothering him,but i can feel his energy getting ready to snap at any moment.
Well, today I thought I'd FORCE him to talk about in away,that was much to demanding,(I've tried the gentle approach for 3 or more days now,but it just gets him irritated,and then gets him more aggravated.)

So i end up screaming at him,to let things out at times,and if he needs to go talk to someone about ANYTHING,there are people out there that might be able to help him...all that fuss over caring about someone ..yeesh :cry:

If I had kept pushing him to the wall about it which is what i basically did,he could have well just snapped,and punched the shyt of me,and quite frankly I would have deserved it.
Now hes the bad guy,for these aussie dudes to do a tuning into...no thanks..

thats DUMB, but I have the same problem...when I think of things that hurt so much,done to others ,that I find so enraging in their injustice, I want to get all loko,and go chase the "missionary man "(I know that makes no sense to you but it does to me :D ) a baseball bat,or some super sonic lazer weapon
what is violence?
a reaction to hurt?
...a definate will to hurt for the pure pleasure of seeing pain??
a justification to try and stop the hurt by using violence?.. I'm not sure
But I'm trying to work it out :evil: :oops:
All I know is that if a man that I loved, being my ex,my son,a lover that I felt had done me wrong, was to go to the aussie jail, because I had intentionally or not so intentionally pushed him to his limits,
I'd want to go resue him from someone traumatizingg him all over again.
back ass forwards way of seeing things,but to expect men to totally control their emotions all the time,while women can slap,scream,scratch,and walk away ,without any penalty for how she hurt,doesn't make any sense.

NOW..please don't see this as an excuse that men should hit

NO ONE should hit,
And sometimes the biggest wounds are done with words,and innuendas,that hurt the spirit pscychi,in ways that a solid punch to the face doesn't.

What am i trying to say?
I gues that UNDERSTANDING how things get to that level first is key in helping to prevent it..
I don't think violence is some super power type thing to have,though i wish at times,i could use deadly force in situations that are out there that enrage me
(sighs)

I'm learning alot about myself though these days,as you can tell if you've seen me battle it out with my demons in my little corner of the battle field
there are healthier wayz to express hurt,dissapointment, fear,worry, rage
then knocking your own head into a wall that you cut your damn head open.
Thats my exs style

lets it build up,build up, till he bangs his head on a cupboard door 3 times instead of hitting me, or working out the situation thats caused him to feel that way.I guess i should be happy he isn't hitting somebody else, but at the same time he needs to understand...exactly whats bothering him on that level, thats getting him to the next...(and though I love him and want to help him...cause i feel like something is going on that he is afraid,or upset about)I totally went about it the wrong way today.

Starting to see that aggresion in any form,doesn't really work well, even in raised voices,loud conversations.
There are reasons behind this aggresion building up, and I know I need to learn that lesson as well.

(whew) nuff said..its been a long day on an emotional level,,bit of a roller coaster ride you might say :oops: :cry: I really don't want to repeat the same ride tomorrow,cause it didn't solve anything and only added to the hurt which really bites :cry:

very interesting post rath, its like you're trying to send me messages that will help me, but you don''t know it.....or do you.(wonders if he is telepathic) :lol: :lol: kidding. made me think though,and feel,and think some more about a lot of things,and ways we deal with shyt

thank you , sincerely for posting that add
sheye

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts