The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Electric Motorcycles

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Ninor » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm

I see that Mael mentioned electric scooters in another thread, so I thought I'd make this one to keep the other one from going too far off topic.

I've been following the development of this technology for the past few years, and it's come quite a ways. I think my next might even be an electric one.

Here's a few links to some of the companies producing electric Motorcycles:

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

http://www.quantya.us/

http://www.electricmotorsport.com/

http://www.brammo.com/home/
Ninor

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

So when you charge them up i guess they dont contribute to green house emissions... :?:
yes or no...
chiselray

Postby Ninor » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:38 pm

chiselray wrote:So when you charge them up i guess they dont contribute to green house emissions... :?:
yes or no...

It all depends on how the electricity that is used to charge them up is generated ...

If it's generated by Wind turbine, geo-thermal or solar, the impact on green house emissions is greatly reduced.
Ninor

Postby chiselray » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:44 am

yeah,but we can all guess it wouldnt be powered by such methods..

still they are tackling one problem but cause pollution along the way....its like fixing the problem without fixing the causation first..Ever see a psychiatrist do this with drugs.. ?
Now anyway my point is ,these engineering companies cause much of this pollution,to sell low carbon products..it reminds me of Iams killing dogs and cats through research in disease to sell high quality life saving pet food..
chiselray

Postby mael » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:02 am

chiselray wrote:So when you charge them up i guess they dont contribute to green house emissions... :?:
yes or no...

If you plug it into the wall then yes, of course.

But the pollution is less because power stations which use fossil fuels have (or ought to have) effective emmisions control systems in their exhausts.

Charge them at night on low rate.

Partially charge it from a solar panel or wholly from solar panels.

Got a stream? Use a micro or pico turbine and use that to put in some or all of the power it needs.

If there was an electric motorcycle which could keep up with the traffic I'd be down to the shop to get one yesterday - or sooner.

I'll keep my three gasoline bikes as spare.

* It's the quietness that I like more than anything else.
mael

Postby chiselray » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 am

nar mate,no streams here...streams of sweat is about all...you'd be lucky to see the creek filling up in winter..
chiselray

Postby mael » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 am

Ninor wrote:
yes or no...

It all depends on how the electricity that is used to charge them up is generated ...

If it's generated by Wind turbine, geo-thermal or solar, the impact on green house emissions is greatly reduced.

Geothermal power would negate the need for oil altogether. And boring deep enough is feasible now.

Norway generates 99.6% of its electricity from hydro-electric. Iceland gets all its electricity from geothermal.

Deserts could provide power from solar panels and the oceans can be harnessed.

- And those are options that exist now! ... Without pondering the recalcitrant alleged energy from the ionosphere AKA Tesla free-energy.
mael

Postby mael » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 am

chiselray wrote:nar mate,no streams here...streams of sweat is about all...you'd be lucky to see the creek filling up in winter..

Then use what you've got at hand.

Peltier devices? Solar panels? Wombat treadmills? Kangaroos on piezo stacks?
mael

Postby chiselray » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:14 am

Solar isnt feasible for high energy situations,the massive amounts of silicone panels needed require huge budgets..But they are working on it..Ocean or wave technology is basically the same.its free but limited..I vote for nuclear or ceramic fuel cells..
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 am

mael wrote:
chiselray wrote:nar mate,no streams here...streams of sweat is about all...you'd be lucky to see the creek filling up in winter..

Then use what you've got at hand.

Peltier devices? Solar panels? Wombat treadmills? Kangaroos on piezo stacks?

For a bike charger..solar is more than n enough,it can easily do it...a suitcase sized portable cells for about 2000 aussie bucks would take care of that...but who would buy one of those when its easier to plug it in..
chiselray

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts