The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

who would you rather spend your tax dollars on?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm

A good friend asked me this one day,

If I were to take a gun and kill as many serial rapists and serious sex child offenders as I could,knowing full well they would repeat the offense,
but would have to spend the rest of my life in prison for it, OR if I could get as many convicted as possible through a huge drain on the tax system,and then tax payers pay for all of them to finish their life in prison..which one would you want to give the tax dollars too?

well..let me tell you it started quite the discussion.

One said how the hell are you gonna kill as many as you can, ambush the vatican? which I 'm not sure was quite fair, but..then another said thats a huge problem in the military as well...wanna here some good nam stories?

well..lets just say it started quite the debate as to where you would find these people....but almost all agreed they would rather pay for the guy who killed them ,then for the trial and prosecution , and living expenses of many, than for the one who killed them.

So I am posing the question to the members, and I would appreciate if you would answer the question I am posing as honestly as you can,without derailing it with other questions.

I know that might seem like high expectations..but if you could at least answer the question first,and explain why...then pose the questions it would be greatly appreciated.
sheye

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Not one mortal deserves the right to choose whether someone else lives or dies.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 pm

This isn't a question for anyone to answer except the author Sheye, becasue nobody else would think up such a stupid idea.

The question to you Sheye has nothing to do with tax dollars, or any of us, the question is "are you willing to do the killing, and spend the time"?
greeney2

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 pm

This isn't a question for anyone to answer except the author Sheye, becasue nobody else would think up such a stupid idea.

The question to you Sheye has nothing to do with tax dollars, or any of us, the question is "are you willing to do the killing, and spend the time"?

Your'e so predictable greeney, cause I knew before you even posted what you were going to type.

And because you did EXACTLY as I predicted.....no...I will not answer your question....until you answer mine...HONESTLY!!!!!!
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 pm

I think calling it a stupid idea pretty much gives my answer.. Now its your turn.

By the way I sent you a PM a few hours ago.
greeney2

Postby sheye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 am

Not one mortal deserves the right to choose whether someone else lives or dies.

Thankyou for for proving me right again., about not answering the question posed.

I guess that would mean that the cop somewhere out who had to decide to shoot someone, before 4 innocent people got shot..should be tried with a jury for that offense?

Lets say it wasn't a cop..just a husband who came home to find someone had tied up all of his family, and was planning to kill them all, but luckily he forgot the keys to his office and came home just in time....and there wasn't really any time to call the cops, cause it was going down all way too fast for that?
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:36 am

Moderator message:

Sheye, you asked a specific question and Wing and I both gave you an answer. Now you are posing 2 different unrelated questions.

Keep this post on the same question you first asked, you are free to make new posts with the other questions.

Sheye you need to goto your private messages, I have sent you a PM you need to read.
greeney2

Postby sheye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:14 am

Sheye, you asked a specific question and Wing and I both gave you an answer. Now you are posing 2 different unrelated questions.

Keep this post on the same question you first asked, you are free to make new posts with the other questions.

Sheye you need to goto your private messages, I have sent you a PM you need to read.

Reply removed by moderator for review
sheye

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Thankyou for for proving me right again., about not answering the question posed.

If you refuse to see my answer that's your problem, not mine.

I guess that would mean that the cop somewhere out who had to decide to shoot someone, before 4 innocent people got shot..should be tried with a jury for that offense?

No, but he still didn't have the right to take a life, just like the shooter doesn't have the right either. The law is there to try those who do it out of maliciousness, not self-defense.

Lets say it wasn't a cop..just a husband who came home to find someone had tied up all of his family, and was planning to kill them all, but luckily he forgot the keys to his office and came home just in time....and there wasn't really any time to call the cops, cause it was going down all way too fast for that?

See above.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Quote:

No, but he still didn't have the right to take a life, just like the shooter doesn't have the right either. The law is there to try those who do it out of maliciousness, not self-defense.

I understand your view point wing ,zero

but how can a soul be expected to bring a jury of his or her peers, to decide what is correct when they must take an action quicky ,or consequences that will effect others will take place?
sheye

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts