The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

The One They Called MIB: A Retrospective

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby MIBby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Bluez, with the penguin animations!

How ya been? I'm gonna keep my promise to visit the museum one day.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby Nixxie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm

blackvault wrote:Well, Stieven, I appreciate you coming here and giving us your update.

I know you may not feel like you want to come back, and that's ok! I invited you back so you saw the changes here, and so you'd find some old friends you haven't talked to in a while.

I, too, hope you stay. Things do happen for a reason. But if not, I wish you all the best :) You're always welcome here!

I will say this. Boards like this that have a special feel to them, surrounded by friends (and friendly debaters alike) is sometimes what we need. We can wake up and check our messages from half a globe away, or peer into the thoughts and minds of another country we've never visited.

It may sound cheesy, but it's powerful.

That said, I remember when you first started coming here. You're one of the few who have a special story, and may not realize it. I was just talking about you the other day to a good buddy of mine on the phone. I said this kid started coming to the site YEARS ago, and barely spoke english. But he posted for years, and even reading your post above, it's indicative of how much you've learned to communicate in English.

Now, maybe, The Black Vault isn't 100% responsible, but it's fun to have watch your growth communicating here from that kid many moons ago, to now an adult speaking better English than me! :)

You take care of yourself. Like I said, you're always welcome, and it is good to have you back -- even for a minute.

Your friend,

John Greenewald, Jr.

I remember that kid too. He was the same age as me and hit the board around the same time. And John's right- you do speak better English than either of us two and we're natives!

Mibby honey, you will get over it and feel better. Even if I have to come all the way to Belgium to kick you. And eat a lot of ice-cream with you. I will even resort to bringing pictures of film stars you like if needs be. Anyway. Welcome home.

Nixxie xxxx
Nixxie

Postby Archer_Blues » Thu May 09, 2013 6:41 am

I guess it is time for me to re-appear again. How is everyone? Couldn't remember my old account, so I signed up with my FB. John talked me into it!
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
Archer_Blues

Postby blackvault » Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 am

Welcome back! Good to have some old names returning.

If you are interested in your old name, let me know... we can get in and change the password. Just email me directly at john@greenewald.com
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby MIBby » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 am

Found it :)

Thanks for the welcome :)
MIBby

Postby blackvault » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 am

Great... there ya go... have fun, and welcome back! I know a lot of people will be glad to see you return.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby MIBby » Thu May 09, 2013 4:48 pm

I hope a few of the ancient ones are still around :)
MIBby

Postby En-Lugal » Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

MIBby wrote:I hope a few of the ancient ones are still around :)

Yes, Greeney2 is still here. :P
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby MIBby » Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 am

I knew that was coming but to be fair, if greeney wasn't here anymore, this place would never be the same.
MIBby

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:34 am

MIBby wrote:I hope a few of the ancient ones are still around :)

They are lying around somewhere.

Oh and how are you now with regards to your mental and emotional state? Are you in a relationship?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts