The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Is Obama wrong in shunning Fox News?

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby blackvault » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 am

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.

Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

There was a strong partisan split among those who said they trusted Fox — with 74 percent of Republicans saying they trusted the network, while only 30 percent of Democrats said they did.

CNN was the second-most-trusted network, getting the trust of 39 percent of those polled. Forty-one percent said they didn’t trust CNN.

Each of the three major networks was trusted by less than 40 percent of those surveyed, with NBC ranking highest at 35 percent. Forty-four percent said they did not trust NBC, which was combined with its sister cable station MSNBC.

Thirty-two percent of respondents said they trusted CBS, while 31 percent trusted ABC. Both CBS and ABC were not trusted by 46 percent of those polled.

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

The telephone poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/01 ... z0dpoEMsXF
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Not only wrong but politically stupid to do.
greeney2

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:16 am

Without Glenn Beck continuously shining the light of truth on what some would like to remain hidden, I don't think Fox News would be an issue for him. Beck spotlights the whole progressive agenda on a daily basis and that's not the message that President Obama and his handlers want the people to hear. If I was on his side of the aisle, I would say it's a bad thing for him to single out a particular news org. because all that does is draw attention to what that news org. is saying. Since I am on the opposite, however, he should continue to rail against Fox News on a regular basis. :)
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:00 am

Charles Krauthammer pointed something out before the speech that Obama would freeze spending, but that was a smoke screen. The reason is what he was going to freeze just came off increases that were as much as 24%, so freezing them would just lock them into the already increased money. If its frozen you also are not going to take it back. Obama hoodwinked everyone with that, because on the surface if sound good.
greeney2

Postby jaydeehess » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Glen Beck is the stupidest man on TV today followed closely by O'Reilly.

Trust Fox News? Trust them to do what, shill for the Republican Party? Yeah, they are very trustworthy in that regard.
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:19 am

This may be the first thing we have totally disagreed on Jay. :lol:
greeney2

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 pm

jaydeehess wrote:Glen Beck is the stupidest man on TV today followed closely by O'Reilly.

Trust Fox News? Trust them to do what, shill for the Republican Party? Yeah, they are very trustworthy in that regard.

Seriously; what grounds/evidence do you have for that opinion about Beck? What can you offer that proves his facts and/or conclusions are in error or 'stupid'?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby nightwolf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

jaydeehess wrote:Glen Beck is the stupidest man on TV today followed closely by O'Reilly.

Greeney, to be fair jaydees is right. It's the way MSNBC is for liberals, Fox is for Conservaties and CNN is for well CNN. Our media is a joke, I just look at it as advertising, that's what it is. There's only a few real journalists as it is. The only reason to watch Fox is because their female anchors can be pretty good looking and that's about it. If Rupert Murdoch had a way to make money off of a liberal broadcasting network, he'd do the same, he's even said it himself. :lol: Even though I like Ed Schultz, and a lot of that is because he's a local boy, who made it big. He's gone a long way from being outspoken for farmers to having the power he has now!
nightwolf

Postby gudskepteacal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 pm

nightwolf wrote:

Greeney, to be fair jaydees is right. It's the way MSNBC is for liberals, Fox is for Conservaties and CNN is for well CNN. Our media is a joke, I just look at it as advertising, that's what it is. There's only a few real journalists as it is. The only reason to watch Fox is because their female anchors can be pretty good looking and that's about it. If Rupert Murdoch had a way to make money off of a liberal broadcasting network, he'd do the same, he's even said it himself. :lol: Even though I like Ed Schultz, and a lot of that is because he's a local boy, who made it big. He's gone a long way from being outspoken for farmers to having the power he has now!

While I'll admit that Fox does a fair amount of 'shilling' for Republicans, does it really hold a candle to ABC, CBS, and most certainly NBC for the sheer amount of 'shilling' that goes on in the msm for one political party or the other? I think not; and would argue that, because it is so popular with the American public, it merely helps in leveling the playing field a bit.

No argument that Fox has the most attractive female anchors/personalities, but I watch it almost exclusively for the information and commentary of Beck. What he has been talking about recently is very important for the people of America because it is not 'stupid' or 'conjecture' or 'Republican shilling'. It is in fact the truth behind a century or more of a stealthy movement away from the principles and ideals of the Founding Fathers towards a 'fundamental transformation' of America that our own President Obama gleefully alluded to in his bid for the highest office in the land. You see, Barack Obama and the people he surrounds himself with do not want to simply improve on the greatest model for government in history; they, in fact, want to completely TRANSFORM the whole thing from one of power flowing from the people to government into one where the power flows from government to the people. Call it whatever -ism you want; it will NOT be the basic structure that made America the greatest country in the world. I OBJECT to that; most vehemently! I have done much research into this subject over the past year or so and every reliable article and paper that I've come across substantiates everything he has been saying. Here is just one example...

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article12740.html

This is a very well researched article on what transpired in the past to get us where we are now. It is not assumption or conjecture; it is FACT. That is why I'm a little confused when somebody comes on here and posts the opinion that Glenn Beck is stupid or a nutjob. Really? Show me something concrete that is at odds with his facts and perceptions. Do that and I will consider that your opinion may have merit. Anybody?
gudskepteacal

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts