The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Pat Robertson sticks hoof in mouth...once again....

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Questioner101 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... satan.html

Haiti made a deal with Satan....when will someone put Pat in a padded cell!!!!???
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 pm

What Pat said was grounded in fact. But we all know what he was suggesting... that this earthquake is the result.

He doesn't have the authority to speak such things. I think he needs to be medicated and hauled off somewhere very secluded.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby sandra » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Well I think his details of things are off. For one, I don't believe you can sell the soul of a country. Each person is responsible for themselves, however I do believe in karma of a large kind. A country does something wrong in the worlds sense, the entire country will pay in the worlds sense. It is a more macro example (don't you guys hate when I use that term :mrgreen: ) of how important it is to be aware. Just like in the other thread someone referenced a mother accidently backing over her child with a car or something, how incomprehensible that type of situation can be. Taking care of ourselves, is taking care of other people. If a mother accidently is not aware, look what can happen. The sad thing about it, we have all the control in the world how aware and presently we are thinking, and it IS our responsibility and CHOICE. The effects on another life can be devastating. If a country makes decisions, they have to take in to account the citizens. Free will does not always create a pretty picture, but it is what it is. Small or Large. There should be no blame, no judgement, just to move in a more conscious way.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby inja » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Dear Pat Robertson, I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract. Best, Satan

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/letters/81595442.html
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts