The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm

The Idea of Gay Marriage is stupid, pathetic, and moronic....

I'm glad the Measure was defeated in the NJ Senate !

Thank You Jesus !

Postby sandra » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Well atleast you were smart enough to put this in the battle forum ;)

When was it defeated in the NJ senate?
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

This past Thursday , Sandra.......

And our Incoming Governor Chris Christie will Veto any Future Measures regarding this once they come across his desk.....

The real people advocating Gay Marriage are the Lawyers who already are getting rich handling the Divorce Settlements between Same Sex Couples...

Postby blackvault » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 pm

You know, SR, if you want to gang up on me with my dad, post a clean thread on this in the relationships forum with your thoughts (again, keep it clean outside the Battle Forum!) and I'll join in.

I am straight, for the record, and always have been, but have thoughts on this that I am never afraid to share. :)

John
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I can't believe I'm in this section. If I have an arguement against Gay marriage John, you know it isn't becasue I think its any of the reasons SR just gave, which is purly a bigoted postion. I have positively no problem with gay couples having civil unions or monogamous lifelong relationships, that does not include any other indivuals.

Today the trials began in California on the Constitutional issues regarding the Marriage requirements of a Man and Woman. Lets see how that all ends up.

Now let me out of the forum, I can't stand it.
greeney2

Postby AlphaOmega » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Sources: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/79112.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5700676.shtml

I have no problem with the banning of Gay marriage but the legislation has to be carefully worded.

TEXAS AG FUBAR it seems. :?

Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages
By Dave Montgomery | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
November 18, 2009
AUSTIN — Texans: Are you really married?

Maybe not.

Barbara Ann Radnofsky, a Houston lawyer and Democratic candidate for attorney general, says that a 22-word clause in a 2005 constitutional amendment designed to ban gay marriages erroneously endangers the legal status of all marriages in the state.

The amendment, approved by the Legislature and overwhelmingly ratified by voters, declares that "marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman." But the troublemaking phrase, as Radnofsky sees it, is Subsection B, which declares:

"This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage."

Architects of the amendment included the clause to ban same-sex civil unions and domestic partnerships. But Radnofsky, who was a member of the powerhouse Vinson & Elkins law firm in Houston for 27 years until retiring in 2006, says the wording of Subsection B effectively "eliminates marriage in Texas," including common-law marriages.

She calls it a "massive mistake" and blames the current attorney general, Republican Greg Abbott, for allowing the language to become part of the Texas Constitution. Radnofsky called on Abbott to acknowledge the wording as an error and consider an apology. She also said that another constitutional amendment may be necessary to reverse the problem.

"You do not have to have a fancy law degree to read this and understand what it plainly says," said Radnofsky, who will be at Texas Christian University today as part of a five-city tour to kick off her campaign.

'Entirely constitutional’

Abbott spokesman Jerry Strickland said the attorney general stands behind the 4-year-old amendment.

"The Texas Constitution and the marriage statute are entirely constitutional," Strickland said without commenting further on Radnofsky’s statements. "We will continue to defend both in court."

A conservative leader whose organization helped draft the amendment dismissed Radnofsky’s position, saying it was similar to scare tactics opponents unsuccessfully used against the proposal in 2005.

"It’s a silly argument," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Legal Institute in Plano. Any lawsuit based on the wording of Subsection B, he said, would have "about one chance in a trillion" of being successful.

Shackelford said the clause was designed to be broad enough to prevent the creation of domestic partnerships, civil unions or other arrangements that would give same-sex couples many of the benefits of marriage.

Radnofsky acknowledged that the clause is not likely to result in an overnight dismantling of marriages in Texas. But she said the wording opens the door to legal claims involving spousal rights, insurance claims, inheritance and a host other marriage-related issues.

"This breeds unneeded arguments, lawsuits and expense which could have been avoided by good lawyering," Radnofsky said. "Yes, I believe the clear language of B bans all marriages, and this is indeed a huge mistake."

In October, Dallas District Judge Tena Callahan ruled that the same-sex-marriage ban is unconstitutional because it stands in the way of gay divorce. Abbott is appealing the ruling, which came in a divorce petition involving two men who were married in Massachusetts in 2006.

Massive error?

Radnofsky, the Democratic nominee in the Senate race against Kay Bailey Hutchison in 2006, said she voted against the amendment but didn’t realize the legal implications until she began poring over the Texas Constitution to prepare for the attorney general’s race. She said she holds Abbott and his office responsible for not catching an "error of massive proportions."

"Whoever vetted the language in B must have been asleep at the wheel," she said.

Abbott, a former state Supreme Court justice who was elected attorney general in 2002, has not indicated whether he will seek re-election and is known to be interested in running for lieutenant governor. Ted Cruz, who served as solicitor general under Abbott, is running for attorney general in the Republican primary.

Radnofsky, who has not yet drawn a Democratic opponent, is scheduled to appear at the Tarrant County Young Democrats Gubernatorial Forum at 6:30 tonight at TCU.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
Copies of all my posts are now kept on file.
AlphaOmega

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 pm

greeney2 wrote:Today the trials began in California on the Constitutional issues regarding the Marriage requirements of a Man and Woman. Lets see how that all ends up.

We both know exactly how it'll end. California is the only state where the minority gets to make the decisions even when the majority has spoken.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Again I hate being in this forum, but here I am again. Wing you live in California so you know what the issue is, and the issue is incorrectly worded first off. The measure was not a ban on gay marriage, it was played up and named that, by a liberal press. The measure was passing a California Constitutional ammentment the defined Marriage as between a Man and Woman. It was not a measure that said, we ban gays from anything.

Now the court must rule on something that has nothing to do with the marriage issue, and the real issue is the Constitutional right for this state to Ammend its Constitution with a simple majoriety vote or over 50%. California's Constitution is probably one of the most complex Constitutions of any State, and is a huge document. In Comparison the US Constitution is pretty short. This issue before the court, has to determain what Constitutional right must prevail, the right and freedom of a relatively small group to claim discrimination, or the rights of all Californians to be able to Ammend their Constitution with 50% majoriety. If they proove some Constitutional right, which they have president cases that ruled they were not discriminated against, which right prevails? Do they rule for the rights of a few, or override the right of all by striking down a over 50% voted Ammendment, which is a guarenteed right in this State.

California citizens have it written into the Constitution, they may Ammend it by 50% vote of the people. Federal Standard to Ammend the Constitution is much higher, so by Federal Standards the issue would have lost, even worse. As it was, it was 51-49 passing vote, Federal standard would be 66 2/3rd vote required in Congress I think. I could be wrong on that percentage. There are existing California court presidents, that supported the California Supreme court decisions that Gays were in fact not being discriminated against, and stated the reasons why in the ruling. My guess is that this trial will rule that they will not overturn the voters right to ammend, and that prior case presidents rule out discrimination will be upheld. The last vote that led to all the gay marriges was only a 4-3 court decision, so at best the issue is divided by about 50-50 between voters and supreme court decisions. Its a very close issue.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 pm

I knew this would get dad all riled up! Hahaha.

Ok since it's staying here I will reply more in depth... But probably tomorrow :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Ninor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey G2, you know you liiiiiiiiike being in here!!!! j/k :lol: ;)

On a serious note ... I don't see what the problem is, Gay Marriage is legal here in Canada (Ontario). :P

Que Monty Python ...

*I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day
He's a lumberjack and he's okay
He sleeps all night and he works all day

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I skip and jump