The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Government and Political Conspiracies

NEW FINANCIAL ORDER = END OF AMERICA

Throughout time, there have been countless government and political conspiracies that have kept us wondering. This forum is dedicated to that very topic. Got a conspiracy theory of your own? Post it, and try to back it up as best you can!

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 am

Thank you sheye, that's nice of you to notice. As you can see if u read it all, the discussion has had many contributions and different opinions which I appreciate all constructive input. Tempers have flared; other members and me, but I cannot think of another subject which will cause more emotion than the prospect of America and the beacon of hope she represents for many in the world to be laid low and 'transformed' into something that only hauntingly resembles the dream of our Forefathers. The money game is key because many people will 'go along' until the money system starts to nosedive again with no bottom in sight. Too late then.

AlphaOmega wrote:AMERICA IS BROKE the debt IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY unless a return to Constitutional Law is returned and the US TREASURY issues United States Notes valued on it's good word and against the resources of the United States.

You're so right AlphaOmega. People just don't understand this debt-based system and how it's designed to keep us continually in debt to the Federal Reserve.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby AlphaOmega » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Thank you sheye, that's nice of you to notice. As you can see if u read it all, the discussion has had many contributions and different opinions which I appreciate all constructive input. Tempers have flared; other members and me, but I cannot think of another subject which will cause more emotion than the prospect of America and the beacon of hope she represents for many in the world to be laid low and 'transformed' into something that only hauntingly resembles the dream of our Forefathers. The money game is key because many people will 'go along' until the money system starts to nosedive again with no bottom in sight. Too late then.

AlphaOmega wrote:AMERICA IS BROKE the debt IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY unless a return to Constitutional Law is returned and the US TREASURY issues United States Notes valued on it's good word and against the resources of the United States.

You're so right AlphaOmega. People just don't understand this debt-based system and how it's designed to keep us continually in debt to the Federal Reserve.

shhhh gudskepteacal, do you really want to be seen agreeing with me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a person who is not an American but a but a believer in the cause of freedom for not only America but the rest of the world.

Freedom for the world in my view is contingent on America re-instating freedom by the return to constitutional law in America by whatever means necessary.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
Copies of all my posts are now kept on file.
AlphaOmega

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 am

:) I've never been too bright and gladly accept help from those who support the founding ideals of America; so don't fret none AlphaOmega.

AlphaOmega wrote:Freedom for the world in my view is contingent on America re-instating freedom by the return to constitutional law in America by whatever means necessary.

Meaning the end will justify the means? That seems like an icy, slippery slope indeed, but one that our enemies(both within and out)have already negotiated and adjusted to as everyday method of operation. Maybe that is the continuing debate; I would rather err on the side that still has our founding structure for consideration than one where liberty and freedom are stricken from the public discourse.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby AlphaOmega » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:53 am

No revolution no matter it's peaceful intent has ever come about without bloodshed. Sad but true. If the secessionist states secede and a civil war breaks out to bring down tyrannical government in America I am on a plane and headed your way. Like they say talk is cheap unless you are prepared to back it up. ;)
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
Copies of all my posts are now kept on file.
AlphaOmega

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 am

Well it looks like it's business as usual at the Federal Reserve as the Senate voted (70-30) to keep Ben Bernanke as the Fed chair on Thursday. Here is an article from the NYTimes about it...

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/01/ ... nanke.html

22 Republicans voted with 48 Democrats to confirm Bernanke for a second 4 year term as Federal Reserve chairman. As mentioned in this article...

http://business.theatlantic.com/2010/01 ... mation.php

...if Bernanke had not been confirmed, Obama would have to nominate someone else for the position and the Republicans felt that they would rather have Bernanke at the helm than an Obama nominee that would prove to be worse. The ole 'lesser of two evils' thing I guess. Is it really that though or maybe some Republicans secretly don't want to sever ties with someone they consider a 'good ole boy' privately while lambasting him publicly? I don't know enough about it one way or another to make a well informed decision, but my gut tells me that it's probably a combination of both reasons if the truth be told. After all; it was George Bush Jr. who nominated him in the first place for the term that just ended.

While we're on the subject of the Federal Reserve and the multimillionaire elitists who comprise that particular 'good ole boy club', I ran across this recent article that may become interesting news in the days to come...

http://www.larouchepub.com/pr/2010/1001 ... llout.html

So, in essence, they say that both Bernanke and Geithner were not only well aware of the decision to pay AIG for 400 worthless credit default swaps at 100%, but that Bernanke handled it personally and Tim Geithner, who was the head of the Federal Reserve Bank of NY at the time, lied about 'recusing' himself from the AIG matter before a Congressional hearing. On top of that, after the fact, they tried to bury the damning documents "in a special area at the SEC where national security related files are kept". They gave AIG taxpayer money for something that's worthless, Geithner lied about being a part of it, and they tried to bury it at the Securities and Exchange Commission. UNBELIEVABLE!!! The nerve , the gall , the ARROGANCE... They stole our money, lied about it before Congress, AND tried to hide the whole thing from the eyes of the people. One of us 'peasants' even think about doing just one of those things and we might get out of prison sometime next decade; yet these criminals that run the 'money machine' continue to steal, lie, and cheat as just another day at the office. Justice may be blind but it can sure smell that money from incredible distances.

This is why, in a nutshell, the idea of a 'one world government' or 'new world order' will never achieve the goals that those indoctrinated with it's ideals claim it would. There will always be Bernankes and Geithners who are willing to not only ignore the law, but what is morally right so that they may set themselves above everybody else.
gudskepteacal

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

here's an update...

http://www.banksterusa.org/content/coul ... mbie-banks

Bloomberg News has won a decision in their lawsuit against the Fed again last month. That makes twice Bloomberg has won in court concerning a Freedom of Information Act request that Bloomberg submitted in November 2008 to find out particulars about who, how much, and for what collateral taxpayer dollars were being given to international financial institutions that were labelled, 'too big to fail'.

near the bottom it says, "Another theory is the Fed is hiding the fact that it broke the law by accepting a boatload of toxic assets as collateral. The law says the Fed is only supposed to take 'investment grade assets as collateral."

that's the bad news ; here's the good...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... Qep0&pos=1

It basically says some real smart guy named Robert Hall(Stanford University professor); who heads the National Bureau of Economic Research's Business Cycle Dating Committee(someone who sets the timeline for what happens in the business world), says, "I would say 'pretty clear' is a good description" for whether the economic contraction had ended. Adding, "It's great news that employment has finally stopped shrinking". However, he goes on to say, "I think the odds favor a continuing expansion in employment, but I don't have great confidence."
What in the world does that mean? Do these educated, professor types ever speak in plain English? my translation-odds favoring=better than 50/50 ; "I don't have great confidence"= 75% or less? Bottom line is it's good news and I hope the odds do in fact win out.
gudskepteacal

Postby rath » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 am

Aug 1, 2007

News Corp, buys Dow Jones for $5.6 billion

News Corp. said on Wednesday that it would buy Dow Jones for $5.6 billion, adding The Wall Street Journal to its worldwide media empire and ending a century of family ownership of one of the top U.S. business news sources.

The hard-fought deal--won after long negotiations and intense wrangling among members of Dow Jones' controlling shareholder, the Bancroft family--helps News Corp.'s Rupert Murdoch achieve his decades-long dream of running the venerable financial daily.

The Journal and other Dow Jones properties also add to Murdoch's sprawling media empire--from the Fox television stations and the MySpace.com online social network to the Times of London and HarperCollins Publishers--and would aid the launch of a Fox business channel later this year.

In a joint statement, Dow Jones and News Corp. said Bancroft family members holding about 37 percent of Dow Jones' voting power agreed to support the deal.

That level of support represents more than half of the 64 percent voting shares held by the family.

"The process of thoroughly reviewing a broad range of possible alternatives for Dow Jones has been long, complex and arduous."
--Bancroft family statement Dow Jones shareholders still must approve the buyout, an outcome that analysts have said is all but guaranteed, given the 65 percent premium that Murdoch offered.

Dow Jones, which competes with Reuters Group, also owns the Barron's financial weekly, the MarketWatch financial news Web site and Dow Jones Newswires.

Other News Corp. properties include the American Idol singing talent show, on the Fox network, and British tabloid newspaper The Sun, which features photographs of topless women on its "Page 3."

Under the terms of the agreement, which has been approved by the boards of both companies, Dow Jones shareholders will receive $60 in cash for each share of common stock or Class B common stock that they own, the companies said.

Up to 250 shareholders would be allowed to convert their Dow Jones shares into Class B shares of the News Corp. subsidiary that will house Dow Jones. They then could exchange those shares for Class A News Corp. shares.

The move, which covers up to 10 percent of Dow Jones shares, would let eligible shareholders avoid a tax hit on the transaction. The eligible shareholders are not limited to Bancroft family members, said a source familiar with the matter.

One Bancroft family member or another "mutually acceptable person" will be appointed to the News Corp. board, the companies said.

They also agreed on a five-member committee to oversee the editorial independence of Dow Jones' news operations.

The members include retired Associated Press Chief Executive Louis Boccardi, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab co-founder Nicholas Negroponte, former Tribune Publishing President Jack Fuller, former Washington State Congresswoman Jennifer Dunn and former Detroit News editorial page editor Thomas Bray.

Bray also is a writer for Dow Jones' OpinionJournal. The Journal reported that he will serve as chairman of the committee.

Dow Jones was also discussing a plan to have News Corp. cover the legal fees incurred by the Bancroft family, amounting to at least $30 million, a source familiar with the matter said Tuesday.

The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter, the companies said.

The Bancrofts are among a group of venerable newspaper families that includes the Sulzberger clan, who run The New York Times Co., and the Chandlers, who cashed out of Tribune Co. earlier this year.

Unlike their peers, the Bancrofts refrained from interfering with the Journal's news operations. But that remoteness amid sweeping changes in the way people get their news due to the Internet led to criticism that the family was neglecting the company.

"The process of thoroughly reviewing a broad range of possible alternatives for Dow Jones has been long, complex and arduous," the Bancroft family said in a statement.

In selling to Murdoch, the Bancrofts pass Dow Jones to another media dynasty. Murdoch, who built News Corp. from two Australian papers, also controls his global media empire and sees its future someday in the hands of his children.

Winning Dow Jones did not come easy. The 76-year-old media mogul spent at least the past three months courting the Bancroft family, and he thanked them after clinching the deal.

"I want to offer the Bancrofts my thanks, and an assurance that our company and my family will be equally strong custodians," he said.

The family initially rejected Murdoch's bid over fears that he would tarnish the Journal's image and use Dow Jones' news operations to further his business interests. Many Journal reporters and some other Dow Jones employees also opposed the deal and sought to attract other buyers.

"It's a bad thing for Dow Jones and American journalism that the Bancroft family could not resist Rupert Murdoch's generous offer," said former Dow Jones board member and executive Jim Ottaway Jr., whose family controls 7 percent of Dow Jones' voting shares.

"It's a sad thing that the 105-year family tradition of protecting Dow Jones' independence as a public trust will end," he said in a statement.

In the end, the rich offer proved too attractive for many family members to resist, and it all but eliminated the possibility of competing proposals.

News Corporation

News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS,NASDAQ: NWSA,ASX: NWS,ASX: NWSLV), often abbreviated to News Corp., is the world's second-largest media conglomerate (behind The Walt Disney Company) and the world's third largest in entertainment as of 2009.
The company's Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Founder is Rupert Murdoch.

News Corporation is a publicly-traded company listed on the NASDAQ, & on the Australian Securities Exchange. Formerly incorporated in South Australia, the company was re-incorporated into Delaware General Corporation Law after a majority of it's Australian shareholders approved the move on November 12, 2004.

In 1995, the Fox network became the object of scrutiny from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) when it was alleged that its Australian base made Murdoch's ownership of Fox illegal.

News Corp launched the Foxtel pay television network in Australia in a partnership with Telstra and Publishing and Broadcasting Limited.

News Corp was created in 1980 by Rupert Murdoch as a holding company for News Limited. News Limited was created by Murdoch from the assets he inherited in 1952 following the death of his father, Sir Keith Arthur Murdoch

Corporate governance
The company's Board of Directors consists of 15 individuals:

Rupert Murdoch (Chairman of the Board & Chief Executive Officer)
Chase Carey (President, Chief Operating Officer & Deputy Chairman)
Daniel Suárez García
Peter Barnes
Kenneth Cowley
David DeVoe (Chief Financial Officer)
Viet Dinh
Sir Roderick Eddington (Lead Director)
Andrew Knight
Lachlan Murdoch
James Murdoch (Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Europe & Asia)
Mark Hurd
Thomas Perkins
Arthur Siskind (Senior Adviser to the Chairman)
John Thornton
Stanley Shuman (Emeritus)
[edit] Office of the chairman
Rupert Murdoch (Chairman and CEO)
Chase Carey (President, Chief Operating Officer & Deputy Chairman)
David DeVoe (Chief financial officer)
Lawrence Jacobs (Group general counsel)
James Murdoch (Chairman and CEO Europe and Asia)
Roger Ailes (Chairman of Fox Television Stations Group)
Daniel Suárez García (Chairman and CEO Latin America)

List of assets owned by News Corporation

HarperCollins book publishing company
HarperCollins India (40%)[clarification needed] joint venture with India Today Group
Zondervan Christian book publisher
Youth Specialties - organisation helping youth workers worldwide through training seminars and conventions, resources and the internet.
Inspirio - religious gift production.

Newspapers
Australia published by News Limited.
The Australian (Nationwide)
Community Media Group (16 QLD & NSW suburban/regional titles)
Cumberland-Courier Newspapers (23 suburban/commuter titles)
The Courier-Mail (Queensland)
The Sunday Mail (Queensland)
The Cairns Post (Cairns, Queensland)
The Gold Coast Bulletin (Gold Coast, Queensland)
The Townsville Bulletin (Townsville, Queensland)
The Daily Telegraph (New South Wales)
The Sunday Telgraph (New South Wales)
Herald Sun (Victoria)
Sunday Herald Sun (Victoria)
The Weekly Times (Victoria)
Leader Newspapers (33 suburban Melbourne, VIC titles)
MX (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane CBD)
The Geelong Advertiser (Geelong, Victoria)
The Advertiser (South Australia)
The Sunday Mail (South Australia)
Messenger Newspapers (11 suburban Adelaide, SA titles)
The Sunday Times (Western Australia)
The Mercury (Tasmania)
Quest Newspapers (19 suburban Brisbane, QLD titles)
The Sunday Tasmanian (Tasmania)
Northern Territory News (Northern Territory)
The Sunday Territorian (Northern Territory)
The Tablelands Advertiser (Atherton Tablelands and the Far North, Queensland)
Fiji
Fiji Times (National)
Nai Lalakai
Shanti Dut
Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea Post-Courier (National)(62.5%)
UK and Ireland newspapers, published by subsidiaries of News International Ltd.
News Group Newspapers Ltd.
the tabloid The Sun (published in Ireland as The Irish Sun)
the tabloid News of the World
Times Newspapers Ltd.
the broadsheet The Sunday Times
the 'ex-broadsheet' (Now in compact form) The Times
The Times Literary Supplement
US newspapers and magazines
The New York Post
Dow Jones & Company
Consumer Media Group
The Wall Street Journal - the leading US financial newspaper.
Wall Street Journal Europe
Wall Street Journal Asia
Barron's - weekly financial markets magazine.
Marketwatch - Financial news and information website.
Far Eastern Economic Review
Enterprise Media Group
Dow Jones Newswires - global, real-time news and information provider.
Factiva - provides business news and information together with content delivery tools and services.
Dow Jones Indexes - stock market indexes and indicators, including the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Dow Jones Financial Information Services - produces databases, electronic media, newsletters, conferences, directories, and other information services on specialised markets and industry sectors.
Betten Financial News - leading Dutch language financial and economic news service.
Local Media Group
Ottoway Community Newspapers - 8 daily and 15 weekly regional newspapers.
STOXX (33%)- joint venture with Deutsche Boerse and SWG Group for the development and distribution of Dow Jones STOXX indices.
Vedomosti (33%) - Russia's leading financial newspaper (joint venture with Financial Times and Independent Media).
SmartMoney
The Timesledger Newspapers of Queens, New York:
Bayside Times, Whitestone Times, Flushing Times, Fresh Meadows Times, Little Neck Ledger, Jackson Heights Times, Richmond Hill Times, Jamaica Times, Laurelton Times, Queens Village Times, Astoria Times, Forest Hills Ledger, Ridgewood Ledger, Howard Beach Times
The Courier-Life Newspapers in Brooklyn
The Brooklyn Paper
Caribbean Life
The Times-Herald Record (Middletown, New York)

Magazines
News America Marketing (Smartsource) (weekly Sunday newspaper coupon insert/website)
Australian
Alpha Magazine
Australian Country Style
Australian Golf Digest
Australian Good Taste
Big League
BCME
Delicious
Donna Hay
Fast Fours
GQ (Australia)
Gardening Australia
InsideOut (Aust)
Lifestyle Pools
Live to Ride
Notebook
Overlander 4WD
Modern Boating
Modern Fishing
Parents
Pure Health
Super Food Ideas
Truck Australia
Truckin' Life
twowheels
twowheels scooter
Vogue (Australia)
Vogue Entertaining & Travel
Vogue Living
InsideOut (UK Based Magazine)
[edit] Music and radio
Fox Film Music Group
MySpace Records
[edit] India
Radio City(20%, held through STAR TV) - commercial FM network with stations in 20 cities.
[edit] Russia
Nashe (50%)
Best FM (50%)
[edit] Sport
50% of the National Rugby League (Australia and New Zealand)
Majority ownership of the Brisbane Broncos (68.9%) and full ownership of the Melbourne Storm rugby league team.
Colorado Rockies (15%)

Studios

Fox Filmed Entertainment: 20th Century Fox's parent company
20th Century Fox: a film production company
20th Century Fox Television - primetime television programming.
20th Television - television distribution (syndication).
Fox Searchlight Pictures - specialised films.
Fox 2000 Pictures - general audience feature films.
Fox Television Studios(productions)- market specific programming e.g. COPS.
Fox Television Studios International
Fox World Productions
Fox World Australia
Fox TV Studios France
Fox TV Studios India
Natural History New Zealand - natural world documentaries, non-fiction programming.
Fox Faith - Promotion and distribution of Christian and related "family friendly" movies on DVD and some theatrical release.
Fox Studios Australia, Sydney, New South Wales
Blue Sky Studios - production of CGI films e.g. Ice Age.
Fox Entertainment Group
New Regency Productions (20%) - general audience feature films.
Regency Enterprises (20%) - parent company of New Regency Productions (50%).
BSkyB Studios London, England

TV

News Corp agreed to sell eight of its television stations to Oak Hill Capital Partners for approximately $1.1 billion as of 22 December 2007. The stations are US Fox affiliates.[23]

Broadcast
Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox), a US broadcast television network
My Network TV, a US broadcast television network
Fox Television Stations Group, a group of owned and operated Fox television stations
Saeta TV Channel 10, channel of Uruguay
ITV plc (17.5%), a British broadcast television network and the UK's largest advertising revenue based broadcaster via BSkyB, although a recent legal decision will require this stake to be cut.
News Corp Europe
bTV, a broadcast television network in Bulgaria. They sold this to CME in February 2010.
B1 TV (12,5%), a broadcast television network in Romania, in partnership with Ismar International NVkkkk
Fox Televizija, a broadcast television network in Serbia (49%). They sold this to Antenna Group in January 2010
Fox Turkey, a Turkish terrestrial channel (56,5%) (formerly TGRT)
Imedi Media Holding (100%), a Georgian radio and TV broadcaster.
Imedi Television
Radio Imedi
Israel 10 (9%), a terrestrial channel in Israel.
LNT (100%), a terrestrial channel in Latvia
TV5 Riga (100%), a terrestrial channel in Latvia
Cielo (100%), a free channel in Italy
e2 (30%), a free channel in turkey
ANTV (20%), a private television station in Indonesia, under the administration and label of STAR

TV

Prime Television New Zealand - commercial TV station, interest held through stake in SKY Network Television
[edit] Satellite television
BSkyB, United Kingdom (39.1% holding).
Foxtel (25%), Australia, a joint venture with Telstra and Publishing and Broadcasting Limited
SKY Network Television , New Zealand (44%)
Sky Italia, Italian satellite TV service
Fox Channels Italy, Italian Broadcast and Production Company (with 2 HDTV)
Sky Latin America, Latin American satellite TV service
Sky Deutschland (39.96%), Germany's largest pay TV provider
STAR TV, an Asian satellite TV service having 300 million viewers in 53 countries (it acquired Vijay TV and Asianet, two prominent south Indian networks)
Phoenix Television (17.6%), satellite TV network with landing rights in Hong Kong, and select provinces on Mainland China
Tata Sky (20%), an Indian DTH TV service (in partnership with Tata Group)

Cable

Cable channels owned (in whole or part) and operated by News Corporation include:

Fox Business Network, a business news channel.
Fox Classics, a channel airing classic TV shows & movies
Fox Movie Channel, an all-movie channel that airs commercial-free movies from 20th Century Fox film library
Fox News Channel, a 24-hour news channel
Fox Sports Net, a chain of US regional cable television networks broadcasting local sporting events linked together by national sports news programming. Local channels include "Fox Sports Southwest", "Fox Sports Detroit", etc. (some affiliates are owned by Cablevision).
SportSouth, a regional sports network in the United States, with its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and affiliate of Fox Sports Net.
Sun Sports a regional sports network in the United States, with its headquarters in Miami, Florida, and affiliate of Fox Sports Net.
Fox College Sports, a college sports network consisting of three regionally-aligned channels, mostly with archived Fox Sports Net programs but also some live and original content.
Fox Sports International
Fox Soccer Channel, a United States digital cable network specializing mainly in soccer.
Fox Sports Middle East - English language sports network airing in Middle East countries including Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE & Yemen.
Fox Pan American Sports (37.9%) - joint venture with Hicks, Muse, and Tate & Furst.
Fox Sports en Español (50%), a Spanish-language North American cable sports network; its sports lineup is tailored to appeal to a Latin American audience.
Fox Sports en Latinoamérica, a Mexico-based Latin American satellite and cable sports network.
FX Networks, a cable network broadcasting reruns of programming previously shown on other channels, but recently creating its own programming, including the Emmy Award-winning programs The Shield and Damages.
Speed Channel
FUEL TV
Big Ten Network, cable and satellite channel dedicated to The Big Ten Conference, launched Aug 2007 (49%)
National Geographic Channel (joint venture with National Geographic Magazine) 67%
National Geographic Channel International 75%
National Geographic Wild (joint venture with National Geographic Magazine)
Fox International Channels, domestic cable channels offering different formats of Fox programming in over thirty countries worldwide.
Fox
Fox Life
Fox Life HD
Fox Crime
FX
Fox Horror
Fox Movies
Fox Sports
Speed Channel
National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Channel HD
National Geographic Wild
National Geographic Adventure
National Geographic Music
National Geographic Junior
Cult
Next:HD
Voyage
Real Estate TV
BabyTV
Fox Toma 1 - Spanish language television production.
Fox Telecolombia - Spanish language television production. (51%)
Utarget.Fox - European and Latin American online ad company, plus now handles TV ad sales.
Latin America
Fox Latin American Channels - channels available in over 17 countries in Latin America
Baby TV
Canal Fox
Canal FX
Canal Fox Life
Canal Fox Reality
Canal Fox Sports
Canal Speed
Canal National Geographic Channel
Fox One-Stop Media - advertising sales for company owned and third party channels in Latin America
LAPTV (22.5%) (Latin American Pay Television) operates 8 cable movie channels throughout South America excluding Brazil.
Movie City
Cine Canal
Cine Canal Classics
City Vibe
City Mix
The Film Zone
Movie City HD
Movie City On Demand
Telecine(12.5%) operates 5 cable movie channels in Brazil.
Telecine Premium
Telecine Action
Telecine Light
Telecine Pipoca
Telecine Cult
Australia
Premier Media Group (50%)
Fox Sports One
Fox Sports Two
Fox Sports Three
FoxSportsNews
FUEL TV (Australia)
How To Channel
Premium Movie Partnership (20%) - movie channels, a joint venture between 20th Century Fox, Sony Universal Pictures, Paramount and Liberty Media
Showtime 1 & 2
Showtime Greats
PLATFORMS

India
Hathway Cable & Datacom (22.2%), India's 2nd largest cable network through 7 cities including Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai & Pune
Taiwan
Total TV (20%), Pay TV platform with JV partner KOO's Group majority owner (80%). News Corp also has a 20% interest in the KOO's Group directly
[edit] Internet
Fox Interactive Media
Foxsports.com - website with sports news, scores, statistics, video and fantasy sports
MySpace - Social networking website, general interest website acquired through purchase from Intermix Media
MySpace TV, a video site which will host amateur videos, contents from net and studios that competes with Google's YouTube
Photobucket - Photo sharing website.
Beliefnet - Largest online faith and spirituality network.
Hulu (27%) - online video streaming site in partnership with NBC Universal and The Walt Disney Company.
Flektor - provides Web-based tools for photo and video editing and mashups.
IGN Entertainment - Internet entertainment portal (Includes the sites IGN, GameSpy, Rotten Tomatoes, TeamXbox, and Askmen.com)
Giga.de
Slingshot Labs - web development incubator (Includes the sites DailyFill).
Strategic Data Corp - interactive advertising company which develops technology to deliver targeted internet advertising.
Scout.com
WhatIfSports.com - sports simulation and prediction website. Also provides fantasy-style sports games to play.
Indya.com - 'India's no. 1 Entertainment Portal'
ROO Group Inc (5% increasing to 10% with performance targets)
News Digital Media
News.com.au - Australian-oriented news website
News Lab
CareerOne.com.au (50%) - recruitment advertisement website in partnership with Monster Worldwide.
Carsguide.com.au
in2mobi.com.au
TrueLocal.com.au
Moshtix.com.au
Learning Seat
Netus (75%) - investment co. in online properties.
REA Group (60.7%)
Realestate.com.au
Casa.it (69.4%), Sky Italia also holds a 30.6% share
atHome group, operator of leading realestate websites in Luxembourg, France, Belgium and Germany.
Altowin (51%),provider of office management tools for realestate agents in Belgium.
Propertyfinder.com (50%), News International holds the remaining 50%
Sherlock Publications, owner of hotproperty.co.uk portal and magazine titles 'Hot Property', 'Renting' and 'Overseas'
ukpropertyshop.co.uk, most comprehensive UK estate agent directory.
PropertyLook, property websites in Australia and New Zealand.
HomeSite.com.au, home renovation and improvement website.
Square Foot Limited, Hong Kong's largest English Language property magazine and website
Primedia - Holding co. of Inside DB, a Hong Kong lifestyle magazine.
TadpoleNet Media (10%) Hosts of ArmySailor.com
New Zealand
DVD Unlimited - leading online DVD subscription service (ownership through stake in Sky Network Television).
Fox Networks - one of the largest international ad networks.

Other assets

NDS - Conditional access technology and personal digital video recorders (PVRs) (49%)
Jungo
Timothy Coville
ITE, publisher of Playstation and Mobile games, and interactive television
Orbis Technology, supplier of online gambling software
Broadsystem Ltd (UK) - Telephony provider for media companies, bought in 1991
Broadsystem Australia (Australia)
Broadsystem Ventures (UK) - provider of cheap-rate telephone calls, particularly for customers of Sky Television. Bought outright in 1999.
Jamba! - Mobile Entertainment/Mobile Handsets Personalisation/Games.
News Outdoor Group - Largest outdoor advertising company in Eastern Europe with over 70,000 ads including billboards and bus shelters, operating in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Israel, Poland, Romania, Russia (96 cities), Turkey & Ukraine.
Maximedia Israel (67%)
Mosgorreklama (50%) - Russia sign and marketing material manufacturer
Kamera Acikhava Reklamclik (?) - leading outdoor advertising company in Turkey
Australian Associated Press (45%) - real time news service.
Stats Inc (50%) - worlds leading provider of sporting information and statistical analysis (a JV with Associated Press)
Fox Sports Grill (50%) - Upscale sports bar and restaurant with 7 locations - Scottsdale, Arizona; Irvine, California; Seattle, Washington; Plano, Texas; Houston, Texas; San Diego, California; and Atlanta, Georgia.
Fox Sports Skybox (70%) - Sports fan's Bar & Grill at Staples Center and 6 airport restaurants.
News America Marketing (US) - (100%) - nation’s leading marketing services company, products include a portfolio of in-store, home-delivered and online media under the SmartSource brand.
Rotana (9%) - Largest Arab entertainment company owned by Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

7 Oct 2008
Australia has stunned world markets by slashing interest rates a full percentage poin

Roger Campbell Corbett AO (born 1942) is an Australian businessman. From January 1999 to September 2006, Corbett served as CEO of Woolworths Limited, a large retailing conglomerate. He is now a director of Wal-Mart, the Federal Reserve Bank of Australia and Fairfax Media. He became chairman of Fairfax at the company's 2009 Annual General Meeting.

Wal-Mart looks to Australia
November 20, 2006
WOOLWORTHS has denied any likely conflict of interest over the role of its recently departed chief executive, Roger Corbett, after his surprise appointment as a director of Wal-Mart, the world's biggest retailer.

News of his latest job came just seven weeks after the 64-year-old cleared his desk at the supermarket chain, although he retains a $600,000-a-year, five-year consultancy with Australia's largest retailing company.

Woolworths chairman James Strong said Mr Corbett's success at the company had earned him the respect of the global retailing community and it was this that led to Wal-Mart recruiting him as a non-executive director.

The appointment was "personal and independent" and given that Wal-Mart does not compete with Woolworths in any market meant there was no conflict of interest, Mr Strong said in a statement.

"It will not affect his consultancy arrangements with Woolworths, other than to enhance Roger's ability to continue to add value," said Mr Strong. "Roger's business acumen and personal integrity have always been highly valued by Woolworths and he will now have the opportunity to share his capabilities with another great retailing organisation."

Wal-Mart, which employs 1.8 million people and has 6600 stores around the globe, has enjoyed an informal relationship with Woolworths going back nearly 20 years.

Its announcement over the weekend that Mr Corbett had been appointed to the Wal-Mart board took Woolworths by surprise as it had not expected the news to be released until today.

He will sit on Wal-Mart's strategic planning and finance committee with five other directors. He joins fellow Australian and former CEO of Coca-Cola, Douglas Daft, as one of Wal-Mart's 14 directors. Wal-Mart did not disclose how much it would be paying Mr Corbett or how much time he would have to commit.

"Roger has a wealth of experience in international retail operations including international sourcing," said Rob Walton, chairman of Wal-Mart's board "We've admired Roger's leadership for many years. He was instrumental in building Woolworths into the dynamic and successful enterprise it is today in Australia."

Mr Corbett said it was a privilege to serve on the board of the company "that sets the standard for retail excellence in the world".

He added: "Wal-Mart touches the lives of millions of people every day, improving their standard of living in so many ways."

Former Woolworths executive chairman Paul Simon cultivated ties with Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton and in 1990 brought in former Wal-Mart president Jack Shewmaker as a consultant.

Delta Goodrem Rings The NYSE Opening Bell
Singer Delta Goodrem attends the opening bell at New York Stock Exchange on October 14, 2008 in New York City.

Senior Vice President of the Global Corporate Client Group, for the New York Stock Exchange, Thomas Veit (L) and singer Delta Goodrem (R) ring the opening bell at New York Stock Exchange on October 14, 2008 in New York City.

14th October 2008

Icelandic stock market plunges a massive 76 per cent as the rest of the world enjoys huge gains
The Icelandic Stock Market plunged a massive 76 per cent today in stark contrast to markets elsewhere around the world.

As shares in the UK, Asia and Europe soared after record gains on Wall Street last night, Iceland's blue chip index crashed through the floor.

It is the market's first day of trading since last Wednesday and the fallout from the almost total collapse of its financial sector came home to roost immediately.

Despite trading remaining suspended in six banks, there were huge losses which will take the Icelandic economy even closer to collapse.

Frozen credit markets have brought the country to its knees and the Government is battling to keep the banking system afloat.

The state has been forced to takeover three of the country's largest banks in recent weeks, freezing accounts held by individuals, charities and public sector bodies in Britain.

Individual investors have had their savings guaranteed by the Treasury, but the councils appear certain to lose their investments. Charities are believed to have lost £120 million.
The Bank of England is loaning £100million to the British arm of collapsed Icelandic bank Landsbanki to help repay British savers.

Talks are also under way between Treasury officials and the Icelandic government to try and get back the money lost by town halls.

Over the past decade, Iceland's financial sector bloomed to bring unprecedented prosperity to its 300,000 population.

It won favour with foreign savers and investors because of its attractive interest rates but the global financial crisis has left the entire country foundering.

Beat Siegenthaler, chief strategist emerging markets at TD Securities in London, said today: 'It is clear that Iceland will need substantial foreign aid in order to prevent further major damage to the economy.'

Today's shares plunge came as it emerged city middlemen may have profited from the loss of British taxpayers' money in the banking crash.
rath

Postby rath » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:12 am

Australia calls for tougher world financial regulations
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=380

G20 nations adopts Australia's pay guidelines on bonuses
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2068

IMF: Time To Move Forward On Global Financial System Reform
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2491

China seeks closer ties with Australia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3197

Australia, NZ join ASEAN FTA
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2334

China, Australia Should Build Trust, Li Says on Trip
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2332

Kevin Rudd spruiks merits of G20 to the UN
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2041

Kevin Rudd calls a crisis summit of G20...G.Bush whats a G20
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=354

G20 takes world economy mantle from G8
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2051

APRA to join Basel banking supervision committee
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=859

World bankers meet in secret - US & EU on brink of collapse
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3197

In remembrances of corporate USA & the downfall of America.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=202

A shattering moment in America's fall from power
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=330

UN: Security Council Reform On the Agenda Again.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2487

China ready to assist in U.S drama
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=261

U.S. eyes closer engagement with Asia through trade.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2433

Barack Obama's man junks Australia's Asia-Pacific plan.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2490

A new world order as US sinks
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=916

China proposes a new world currency.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=918

China's yuan 'set to usurp US dollar' as world currancy
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1899

China seeks assurances on US debt
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=917

China Again Casts an Acquisitive Eye on U.S. Assets
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1541
rath

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

On July 21st of this year, President Obama signed into law H.R.4173, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Passed largely along party lines (only 3 Republicans in each House voting with Democrats for passage), it passed the Senate with a vote of 60-39 and the Lower House with a vote of 237-192. Curiously enough, along with Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, the newly elected Scott Brown of Massachusetts was the other Republican Senator to vote yea on this bill. The Senators from Maine are known to lean slightly to the left of center anyways, but the vote by Brown is very puzzling. Maybe Cole_Trickle is right and the Tea Party has already been infiltrated by the PTB and Scott Brown is proof. Maybe Brown and everybody else who supports this law is right and the 2,300 pages that creates more government reform agencies (if that isn't an oxymoron..), more beauracracy, and gives the Fed. and the SEC even more power and secrecy is the formula that will bring transparency and accountability to Wall Street and the Federal Reserve. :| NOT!

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 04173:@@@R

http://politics.usnews.com/news/article ... crats.html

Here is some of the above article by the U.S. News and World Report...

"One standout aspect of the legislation—and one the Democrats are taking to Main Street—is the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The bureau will place safeguards for consumers on banks, mortgage and payday lenders, and other consumer financial businesses that each control more than $100 million in assets. The legislation also creates a Financial Stability Oversight Council to monitor risks in the financial system, and it gives new regulatory powers to the Federal Reserve and to the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, the bill restricts risky derivatives trading and implements the so-called Volcker Rule, which limits the amount of their own assets that banks can put at risk in private equity and hedge funds. But the bill includes exceptions that critics worry may reduce its effectiveness."

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=1001

The above link is the words of TX Representative Ron Paul about the bill as it was then. He says that more than 320 Congress members co-sponsored his bill to audit the Fed, but, when it came time to include it in the reform bill language, less than 200 voted for it. (very interesting) He goes on to say...

"The broader reasons for supporting this entire financial regulatory reform bill are just as sinister. This is not about cracking down on big banks as some claim. Rather, this is about not wasting a crisis. This is about using a traumatic event to increase government power and control over the economy. If it was really about addressing the causes of this recession, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would have been dealt with, or abolished. Failed companies would just fail, rather than being bailed out. Instead, a permanent bailout mechanism is being established. The Fed, and its ability to control interest rates and create cheap money, would be reformed or better yet, abolished. But instead its power is being increased and this Congress refuses to even fully audit it!"

More about this later ; still reading about the part that gives the SEC broader exemption from the Freedom of Information Act. :? How can more power and secrecy to the ones who dropped the ball in the first place...
gudskepteacal

Postby Aquarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

A bunch of "leaked info" if you ask me... :oops: :lol:
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Aquarian

PreviousNext

Return to Government and Political Conspiracies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts