The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

Gordon Brown branded hypocrite over UFO hacker Gary McKinnon

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby blackvault » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 am

By Chris Richards, Reporter

THE mother of an autistic man wanted in America on computer hacking charges has labelled Gordon Brown a hypocrite after he tried to halt the execution of a Brit convicted of drug smuggling in China.

Janis Sharp, from Brookmans Park, hit out after the PM pleaded with the Chinese authorities to spare Akmal Shaikh, the Londoner put to death on December 29 despite concerns he was mentally ill.

She applauded the premier’s intervention, but said it contrasted sharply with the Government’s stance over her son Gary McKinnon.

Asperger’s sufferer Gary faces up to 60 years in a US jail if he is extradited and convicted of computer hacking.

But Janis believes her son would be at risk of committing suicide should he be put on a plane to America.

She said: “Gordon Brown wrung his hands over the execution of a mentally ill British drugs carrier in China.

“Yet he and his Government remain complicit in the US authorities’ hounding of my vulnerable son, despite knowing that, for Gary, extradition amounts to nothing less than a death sentence, given his growing mental instability.”

She added: “Why can’t the UK just ask our supposedly strongest ally, President Obama, to show clemency towards Gary by cancelling the extradition request and allowing a UK prosecution?”

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/gordon_br ... on_1_35348
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:22 am

I think both the UK and USA has to co-operate with this.
Since he is a brittish citizen (I think) and because he hacked into Pentagon.

But in the end, it is fortunate for USA that all he wanted (officially) was to find out if the goverment had proof of aliens.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby GeoJim » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:57 am

Let me start by saying that this is not a dig at the American public, they take enough stick as it is. More like this is a dig at the American government and our own weak arsed British government. It seems that any time the US Government snaps its fingers the British cave in. This has not always been that way; look at the relationship between Thatcher and Reagan or Heeley and Johnson. Even Major and Clinton had a more even relationship than our present governments. It seems that what happened is that Bush Jr told Blair that this is how things are going to be and Blair just bent over and took it. And for what? Did we get any special trade agreement with the US? Did they offer to send troops to help us out in particular emergency? What about them paying more rent for the basses on UK soil? No, nothing. What seems to have happened is that the US Government has got itself a noddie dog in Europe. And when the UK Government signed the Extradition treaty and look towards the US they looked back and threw up the old bird. Maybe the US Government thinks more of its citizens than ours does?
I suppose what the big question is, what does the Us Government have over the British? What kind of leverage does it have over ours? What does it have over the UK that it made one ex pry minister lie to its people and lead them into one of the most dubious wars of the last 100 years? And what would make it give up one of its citizens over a half arsed criminal charge especially with all the mitigating circumstances?
:?:
GeoJim

Postby capricorn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 am

I think it isn't fair to label this guy a hacker. A hacker is someone who breaks into computer systems and takes over administrative controls. All he did was use a simple remote client to ping open IP addresses. When he did it to pentagon computers they were open and had absolutely no security features implemented. That's like leaving the front door to the pentagon building unlocked and open. The people who were in charge of pentagon security are the ones who should be thrown in jail, not this hobbyist.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby blackvault » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 am

Capricorn,

Thanks for the information. I actually had not heard that he stumbled on this by accident. I thought he did, in fact, hack.

Can you offer some sources to show this? I'd love to read it.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Same here. BTW, he allegedly ~did~ do some hacking, even if all he did was leave one note under his screen name of 'Solo' telling Uncle Sam how bad the security was.
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby capricorn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks for the information. I actually had not heard that he stumbled on this by accident. I thought he did, in fact, hack.

Can you offer some sources to show this? I'd love to read it.

It is why this story is so interesting, if it was arguably a strait hack I don't think many people would be sympathetic for this guy.

Here is an entry on wiki, you'll be able to validate it by cross referencing news articles but I'm to lazy to go find them:

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the US Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours, as well as deleting US Navy Weapons logs, rendering a naval base's network of 300 computers inoperable after the September 11th terrorist attacks. They claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was $700,000.

McKinnon has denied causing any damage, arguing that, in his quest for UFO-related material, he accessed open, unsecured machines with no passwords and no firewalls and that he left countless notes pointing out their many security failings. He adamantly disputes the damage and the financial loss claimed by the US as concocted in order to create a dollar amount justifying an extraditable offense.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts