The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Faith

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:20 am

I rather have control over my situation than faith of anykind.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Both religion and science are founded on faith — namely, on belief in the existence of something outside the universe, like an unexplained God or an unexplained set of physical laws, maybe even a huge ensemble of unseen universes, too.

No.

Science is built upon the foundation that nature is rational, well it is! Aerodynamics always work, so now that we've figured it out we can build craft to utilize them to overcome gravity, and these craft work every day of the year because it isn't random, it's rather orderly. Or perhaps not orderly, the word I am looking for is Consistent. It doesn't change it's mind half way through bout the universe mechanics, they remain constant.

Therefore
With a complete lack of faith I can say that the most logical way for life to variate, that the worlds best and brightest minds all agree has to have occured (and of course IS occuring) is evolution.

Not because I think I know, but because it matchs all the consistent data we have, and no data we find can refute it. So therefore, of ALL options available to me, it is the most accurate choice. Same as I believe in thermodynamics, not out of faith, and I believe in elemental periodicity, not on faith.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 am

Both religion and science are founded on faith — namely, on belief in the existence of something outside the universe, like an unexplained God or an unexplained set of physical laws, maybe even a huge ensemble of unseen universes, too.

Faith is something that you really want and in most cases, lack of understanding of science and the vastness of the universe.
The believe in God is really a poor explaination for the lack of facts and the willing to learn about things that seem supernatural to most humans.

I bet if a religious person saw an alien that was cloaked in some advanced stealth technology they would think it´s either a demon or an angel or something similar.
If you ask espcially the older generation if they even bother with science, they wouldn´t care sh*t about what science says because happiness is better than facts in most lives. :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 pm

as for the common man, science is very much a matter of faith.

Fortwynt,
was wondering if you could explain what you meant by this statement?

Is that meaning the common man doesn't understand enough about science to test theories themselves, therefore must have faith in the study and analysis of it by those who do have the understanding?

And those who do have the education and understanding of some scientific laws , do they not ponder what great force has brought these
laws of science together in such an incredible way as to create a vast universe, in which we are only such a small part of?

I haven't read much about many scientists,but I'm sure most have pondered the question of how scientific laws came do be.

One case of missplaced faith I see by the common man is the belief that scientists study science to better the human race ,and as we can all see to well, that is not the case with many scientists all over the world, and I will use the group of jason as an example.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienc ... ason02.htm
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Is that meaning the common man doesn't understand enough about science to test theories themselves, therefore must have faith in the study and analysis of it by those who do have the understanding?

And those who do have the education and understanding of some scientific laws , do they not ponder what great force has brought these
laws of science together in such an incredible way as to create a vast universe, in which we are only such a small part of?

Well most of these people have their origins in a religious family or a family that believes in God somehow to the point that it is important enough to teach your kids.
Whatever the case might be, these so called laws are still just a way humans observes it.
What if other lifeforms have entirely different explainations about these things.
What good would science or faith do in the long scale?
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Whatever the case might be, these so called laws are still just a way humans observes it.
What if other lifeforms have entirely different explainations about these things.
What good would science or faith do in the long scale?

I totally agree with your first statement in this quote Dark, as well as your second one, which very well could be a fact.

But have these other life forms questioned and pondered the understanding of how any of the material world came to be in the first place? Wether its a god or gods from some book, an energy or force that just developed into scientific laws, at perhaps multidimensional levels, we still have to have some kind of faith in what we believe is the source,which I'm sure aliens have to have in science or whatever they call it.

When I was young It used to drive me a little crazy thinking about where God came from, if he indeed existed, and if he had pondered that question himself. I had a strange dream later on in life (a nice one) that seemed to give me sense of a strong rock very firm in foundation and understanding of itself..that eminated a strong vibration of.. ..I AM ...and I felt at the time that I understood maybe a little better the question I had often pondered and frustrated myself over as a child.

Just thought i would share that...and dark..if you talk to any aliens,could you ask them if they ponder those kind of questions for me? ;)
sheye

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:I rather have control over my situation than faith of anykind.

I'd rather give it all up to Christ. But then again, I know it from personal experience that Christ won't falter. On the other hand, you don't really think you are in total control, do you?
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 am

I'd rather give it all up to Christ. But then again, I know it from personal experience that Christ won't falter. On the other hand, you don't really think you are in total control, do you?

I guess I won't know that answer untill I reach my last few days in life.
I think that I will know by that time whether I have been in total control over my life or not.
Of course it also depends on what type of control you have during different situations.

Just thought i would share that...and dark..if you talk to any aliens,could you ask them if they ponder those kind of questions for me?

Haha, of course I will, yeah...I've also thought about asking them if I ever met any during my life time.
Although you never know if they would even bother watching you since I bet we are not more than annoying bugs in their eyes... :P
Dark-Samus

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts