The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Can I ask religious people a question please?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 am

Now this is going to all sides.

Why did god wait thousands of years to show himself in form of religion?

Meaning why did people go to worshiping in trees and water to believing in one single god? Why did people go from believing in many gods to believing in one god?

:?

I may not like religion but I respect some of you do so nice (civilized) answers only please. ;) :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am

Because those damn aliens loves to confuse this easily confused species :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 am

:lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 am

Really I hate those aliens...I mean just stfu and enough with these silly games...we know already! :evil: :lol: :mrgreen:
Dark-Samus

Postby BloodStone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:22 am

Because those damn aliens loves to confuse this easily confused species

Some of those aliens may be from our species long ago.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 am

If that would be the case, then hey, we can just see what they do and it´s like looking yourself in the future. :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby BloodStone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 am

I personally believe in a higher being, maybe not what most would call GOD.

I think that it's more of a mind evolving issue that it is faith. I think for some time people worshipped stuff they could see, and feel. They created Gods to help explain why their crops didn't grow, why it rained, why their land was destroyed.

Somewhere along the way we evolved to worshipping things we couldn't see or feel.Then we called it faith.

I think there have been humans on this planet long before we will ever know.I also think we have lost vaste amounts of knowledge through the millineas.I'm sure someday we will find life on other planets, some maybe from this planet long ago. We have probably evolved before to get off this rock, and may have colonized mars, or other now dead planets.

We will probably never know during our life times.

I think the planet is more of the God than most people know. If the planet dies we all die, if we die the planet still lives on. One day this planet will shake us all off, and it will start again.

As far as an actaul God, you'll just have to wait and see. It may just be our long lost human forefathers who keep visiting this planet to help us avoid the same fate they faced( which is to be forced from this planet to avoid mass extinction.)

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby screamzero » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 am

Lashmar wrote:Now this is going to all sides.

Why did god wait thousands of years to show himself in form of religion?

Meaning why did people go to worshiping in trees and water to believing in one single god? Why did people go from believing in many gods to believing in one god?

:?

I may not like religion but I respect some of you do so nice (civilized) answers only please. ;) :)

G-d didn't wait. Man is slow. Religion is man's ceremony. G-d said hello w' the First Wind. The First Wind is what you hear when your silent. The Hebrews first introduced monotheism as we know it.

Ceremony is repetitive. Repetition reinforces and strengthens habit and faith becomes natural. Because that works, like practice in sports; arts; and sciences, insights occur. Better music; better science; advances in mathematics and more profound strengths in psychologies; philosophies; and introspections become a reality.

Religion is a choice and should remain so. Non-religiosity does not a valid argument make for the need of better song and science: neither does religiosity. These two ways are conclusions in an attempt of man to want better: man's true religion is to want "better". That's his real need. Better. More bueno. Mas good. Practice does make perfect. Throw a jam and see if the string slinger makes a mistake this time....have fun worshiping the music. It started with the First Wind.
screamzero

Postby screamzero » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

The First Wind is what you hear when your silent.
screamzero

Postby inja » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:31 am

Cripe I hate to agree with screamzero but he is right. God did not wait and man appears to be slow.

Where I possibly am differing with screamzero is that man isn't necessarily slow but changes overtime how to express his faith. We are in a time again where faith and worship is changing or better put re-emerging. For example the feminine energy or Goddess of power of the female is re-emerging in a very powerful way. Many people are actually turning to how our ancestor celebrated and worshiped "Gods" before religion appeared on the scene. When you take a deeper look into how our ancestors (and those people who never converted to religion of today) it isn't about worshiping God"s" it's about understanding that all things have the essence of a spirit or as some say the essence of God and that these spirits are accessible to us to communicate to.

In other words when you come to realize that everything around you is in communication with you and you act upon it you discover with a whole new set of eyes and ears that there is so much more to life than what appears on the surface. I am sure anyone who belongs to any form of religion feels the same about there path and finds a greater depth to life as well.

Where I find the difference between worshiping one God with the restrictions some religions place on it's followers and the worship (it's not really worship it's more of an honoring) of Spirit in all things is that all of God/dess creation gives me strength and food for thought. More importantly to me all things are sacred and this makes me act very differently to life.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts