The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

UFOs at night

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby toshiba » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Ah, but that's the thing, isn't it? If they really wanted all of Earth to know they are here they could fly slowly over a major city in broad daylight. If they didn't want to be seen they could turn their "running lights" off. Is it for a planned slow dawning on the human race? Do they want our culture to become accustomed to the idea of ETs over generations? I just don't know what to think.
"Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." - J.B.S. Haldane
toshiba

Postby vulcan6gun » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:24 am

But... it's BEEN generations already,one of the first 'modern' UFO sightings dates to the 1890's with a USO spotted rising from an East Coast bay, I forget which one. I think that came from a 'World Almanac' published circa 1890-something. My older sister had a copy of it, let me borrow it for a bit back in '75 or so.

Trivia: We can celebrate the 162nd anniversary of Samuel F. B. Morse's telegraph today. He only needed one finger to send messages, and his keyboard was exactly that: one key on a board. :P :lol:

19th-century ufos: http://science.howstuffworks.com/ufo-history4.htm

More 19th-century ufos: http://www.amazon.com/Great-Airship-Mystery-Ufo-1890s/dp/9999964362

Skewed (skewered?) thought: maybe it's mass precognition! :shock:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby ixl4 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Has anyone ever considered that energy = light?

Strong electromagnetic energy will manifest into light... a wave that we can pick up with our vision sense.

Just a thought.
ixl4

Postby vulcan6gun » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 am

ixl4 wrote:Has anyone ever considered that energy = light?

Strong electromagnetic energy will manifest into light... a wave that we can pick up with our vision sense.

Just a thought.
Well... yes, a lot of 'anyones' have. There's been loads of experiments, too, to demonstrate how light behaves both as particles (photons) and waves. It can be measured both ways, produced in a host of ways, and is still the fastest known thing in the universe. A great deal of the works of both Newton and Einstein focused (pardon the pun) on light.

As for John's post, my best guess is it was probably a meteor.

Have fun, it's back to the books for me, including further study on light for my astronomy class. Only a month into college and my 19-credit-hour course load is catching up already. :shock: :lol:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 am

I don't believe 100% of all UFO:s are energy phenomenon we still cannot explain in one way or the other.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby nightwolf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Why can't they just be navigation lights like our aircrafts have? I've seen UFO's in my lifetime and some of them have different shapes, colors and maneuvering ability. Aircraft and military vehicles do need ways to communicate with each other as well! Not everything is far out there when it comes to UFOs. ;)
nightwolf

Postby capricorn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

totally! navagation, some sort of radar...
it seems that part of the argument is "if they dont want to be seen then why do they make themselves so obvious in the sky with these lights?"
i feel that these objects (or whoever pilots them) dont really care what we think. They do not necessarily want to be seen (maybe because they dont want to be shot down by the pesky military), but sometimes they need to flick their "high-beams" on so they can get to where they need to go.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby nightwolf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm

capricorn wrote:totally! navagation, some sort of radar...
it seems that part of the argument is "if they dont want to be seen then why do they make themselves so obvious in the sky with these lights?"
i feel that these objects (or whoever pilots them) dont really care what we think. They do not necessarily want to be seen (maybe because they dont want to be shot down by the pesky military), but sometimes they need to flick their "high-beams" on so they can get to where they need to go.

Exactly, if they can travel through space from a distant galaxy, planet or take your pick, they don't care about our military capability! We're lucky if we can get a shuttle to launch at times. Granted I do believe some are here for good and others for evil.

Capricorn, I do agree with your last sentence, they need some sort of charge or some way to travel at the speeds they travel it. However I don't think that's what the lights are for. I remember one of my sightings, the craft was coming very slowly over a lake, and it was almost the same color as the camp fire that me and my family had going. As this craft kept on coming closer and over us, the light from the front part of the window kept on getting dimmer, dimmer and dimmer until the light was completely gone and disappeared above the trees. This was another craft that was completely silent with no noise, most of the legit UFOs that I've seen have been completely silent, which tells you about how much more advanced they are than us.
nightwolf

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:51 am

There is nothing called good or evil when it comes to the interaction between humans and aliens, it is only a point of view from those affected by other's actions.

However ther eis only good and evil, mostly evil concerning humans.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby capricorn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:40 am

Exactly, if they can travel through space from a distant galaxy, planet or take your pick, they don't care about our military capability!

Why do you think, just because these entities travel from far reaches of the galaxy, they would not think humans (or our military) would pose any threat to them? If I were navigating my jeep through the wilds of africa, I would not discount the threat of a lion jumping in the car and mauling me just because they can't drive cars or ride airplanes.

Also, these objects may come to earth and not know exactly what they are going to encounter. If it is low on gas and needs to recharge here, it may need to avoid higher level beings, but without knowing exactly what exisits here on earth, they will take the necessary precautions (even though we would most likely be a more primitive being)
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

PreviousNext

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts