The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Man of the Cloth

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 am

This gentleman quickly came to power brought on by his penning a book. YES he is a very powerful figure, both from a religious standpoint, but from one not many people think about, a Political standpoint. He rubs shoulders with the likes of those within the G8 soon to be G20. Isn't it odd that he's asking for money to help save: Is it one the the countries largest churches or is it his lifestyle?

I'm no judge, surely not one of or for the chosen, that's best left to those more qualified than I. However this eventually happens to all of these people, EVERYONE save those that can be counted on one hand ends up asking for more and more money to serve the cause in a HELP ME so I can HELP YOU style of serving. :o

I truly feel for those who follow these clowns, especially those with no shame of playing on the emotions of their flock, I mean PREYING!

Yes Rick you too are of the same ilk of those before you.

Megachurch Asks for Nearly $1M in 48 Hours

I saw him recently on one of the DC Sunday beat show specials, he was on just before Bill Gates and his wife. Warren is a member of one of the most visible committees in Politics, foundations, well you know the drill.

The clock is ticking for members of pastor Rick Warren's California megachurch after the evangelical leader posted an "urgent" letter on his Web site Wednesday calling on congregants to donate a total of $900,000 before the New Year to make up for a massive holiday giving deficit.The clock is ticking for members of pastor Rick Warren's California megachurch after the evangelical leader posted an "urgent" letter on his Web site Wednesday calling on congregants to donate a total of $900,000 before the New Year to make up for a massive holiday giving deficit.The letter, signed "Pastor Rick," goes on to detail the church's accomplishments including its food pantry, homeless shelter and financial coaching, despite 10 percent of the congregation being jobless.

"It's basically having to do more with less," church spokesman A. Larry Ross told The Associated Press. "The seasonal Christmas offering was down significantly and, commensurately, the need for services the church is expected to provide is up."

Pastor Rick---the guy most famous for the Book " A purpose driven life " or something like that, regardless these people are all the same and I feel for those who blindly follow.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/church-asks-m ... id=9455589

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby sheye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:59 am

Makes me wonder what Jesus would have to say to this guy as well. More of the same greed that has been happening for centuries. I really think alot of these churches are set up just to get funds without paying taxes, by people who really don't give a rats ass about the true messages of the bible. More money laundering fronts for the illuminati.
sheye

Postby sheye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:09 pm

More money laundering fronts for the illuminati

Ok..that statement is a huge assumption,most likely wrong and I take it back, considering from what I understand of the illuminati they don't need any more money. But I do think many of these churches are set up for the sole purpose of profit , and definately have mastered their "preying" techniques and skills.
sheye

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 am

Are you aware of what just happened in Europe with a little thing called the European Union? Are you aware that the PTB passed over Tony Blair in favor of a Rothschild errand boy?
Do you know the very first thing this guy/new President, a President elected/voted in for life I think it is, wanted to do? His first course of business? :lol: :lol:

A special tax :o Even the PTB can use more money and taxes are their number one funding apparatus. They are also heavy into arm sales and drugs and a little thing called war!
Oh, and they control the purse strings of more than a few churches through something called Foundations/tax exemptions~~lol Never enough for these folks.

They will crush Warren if he steps out of line like they have done those before him.

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:26 am

Just how silly are these people? He did it, raked in 2.4 million bucks and turned it into a crying fest of a show. :roll: Oh my! Somewhere Jim Bakker is smiling!

Calif. pastor takes in $2.4M after donations plea

LAKE FOREST, Calif. – Evangelical pastor Rick Warren's plea for donations to fill a $900,000 deficit at his Southern California megachurch brought in $2.4 million, Warren announced to cheers during a sermon at the church on Saturday.

Warren said the amount raised after the appeal was posted online Wednesday included only money parishioners brought in person to Saddleback Church by New Year's Eve. More was arriving by hand and by mail, he said.

"This is pretty amazing," said Warren, who made the announcement by bringing out 24 volunteers each holding a sign for $100,000. "I don't think any church has gotten a cash offering like that off a letter."

The pastor said he planned to talk about what he called his church's "radical generosity" in the rest of the weekend's sermons. He said the total came from members, and the donations were all under $100.

"We're starting the new decade with a surplus," he said. "It came from thousands of ordinary people. This was not one big fat cat."

A man concerned for his flock, noting 10% of them are out of work. Talking about stagnate income levels---wow this guy might just be the real thing. Preacher, Politician, Economists, just and all world kind of do gooder. Gawd how unreal!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rick_warren_donations

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts