The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Religion.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm

chiselray wrote:Where,you already said that before,when simply you proposed no one can prove god,and then claiming you do not believe in a god..

What????

I don't follow...

Your statement does not seem to follow what we were dicussing at all.

chiselray wrote:Fact of proof is exactly on your terms things you cant see or prove are not really there..Religion is a fantasy,want me to dig some posts up ? i could but why bother..

What is this in response to?? That I mock religion, or what?

chiselray wrote:No one will persuade you and they are not able to and you already know this, so this is why i dont believe there is integrity in your reply.

Just because I won't be persuaded doesn't mean I'm not here to learn. Learning is not the same as changing sides.

I don't really know what you're on about any more, you're losing me.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby chiselray » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:14 pm

your so full of it :roll:
chiselray

Postby Ninor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 pm

chiselray wrote:your so full of it :roll:

Let's play nice please.
Ninor

Postby chiselray » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:25 pm

i meant love :geek:
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Religion is a fantasy,want me to dig some posts up ? i could but why bother..

Religion is a fantasy in it's truest sense.
So is Atlantis, doesn't mean it's false, but it's not based in facts, it's based in absolutely nothing but the brain. As a dream is. Being convinced of something doesn't make it more real then it was if you hadn't believed it.

Just like aerodynamics, if you took a time machine back 2000 years with a helicopter or an airplane, it would still fly despite the majority of people on the planet thinking that it is impossible prior to actually seeing the craft fly. Because in reality the brain doesn't effect anything outside of our own physical capability. it has lots of power of influence over you, your body, your emotions. But outside of you your brain is completely powerless, and a thought means little about what is true and what is false with regards to the universe we live in.

In other words, it either is or it isn't, or a variable in between, but you can think whatever you want and it won't change anything.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby chiselray » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Bland reiteration

My eyes need a shot of morphine now,thanx
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 pm

But, it's true.

Do you disagree?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:32 am

humphreys quit calling me crazy as bat crap, another thing, being an atheist and all, why do you come into the religious forum and then complain people are questioning your motives to far? Thats, I mean cmon, there is no sense in that, there isn't. Like chiselray I believe you hardly have any good intent in here, and you are consistently insulting the belief in God, yet demand respect from believers. Why don't you hang out in an Atheist forum, Im sure there are some around, you could most likely do alot more productive research there. You show no interest in a fair arguement, only to make believers look foolish and you intelligent, in which it is not working out for some of us.

And, why don't you play nice.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby humphreys » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:28 am

sandra wrote:humphreys quit calling me crazy as bat crap,

Where? I haven't called anyone anything bad since we got the mods. I'm behaving, thanks.

sandra wrote:another thing, being an atheist and all, why do you come into the religious forum and then complain people are questioning your motives to far?

I'm not complaining as such, just stating that if someone asks me what my motive is, then I respond, and they don't believe me, one must wonder what the point was in asking in the first place, when all that person was going to dowas pin their own motive on me.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts