The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

A real interesting question.

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby CodeBlack » Sat May 09, 2009 4:27 pm

The answer is: life insurance on your kids kicks azz.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby MonarchSmile » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 am

Angel1979 wrote:When my kids go trick or treating I am with them, I will always go with them no matter what age they are. To be honest my kids go nowhere without me, I don't let my almost 7 year old play outside the gates either so no-one will have the chance to offer them sweets when I'm not there.

http://www.candyforbadchildren.com/

It's almost that time again
:D
MonarchSmile

Postby bionic » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:20 pm

If parent's don't like there kids to take candy from strangers, then why do they let them go trick or treating? (At least the one's that let their kids go trick or treating)

because most (all?) people are weird paradoxical, hypocrites.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby CodeBlack » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Trick or treat, smell my feet, gimme something good to eat. I remember Halloween when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. I lived in a big neighborhood and lost of people participated. People would decorate like it was Christmas, some turned their house into a haunted house. No kids got hurt. No kids got abducted. Today its just sad. :cry:
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby waltfoster1 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Being a pagan, I could never understand why christians celebrate a very old pagan holiday. But then they did "borrow" other pagan holidays and holy days for their own. Does that make them the origional plagerists? Anyway let your kids eat candy, the ADA will thank you and so will your dentist!
waltfoster1

Postby CodeBlack » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:11 pm

"Does that make them the origional plagerists?"

That's like saying the NFL plagiarized MLB by using big screens. You are talking about the same people. Christianity was a religious movement, not a foreign invasion. The Pagans and the Christians were the same people. You can't plagiarize yourself. BTW, Halloween has nothing to do with Christianity. It is not Christians who celebrate Halloween, in fact the church has many times asked people not to participate. Halloween is a sectarian celebration that mimics certain aspects of the winter solstice celebration of centuries passed.

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought the point of Halloween was for kids to dress up as characters that they thought were scary so as to make them less scary. If you think Obama is scary then dress up as Obama on Halloween. Then he won't be so scary, at least to the kids. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why complain about holidays? Just enjoy.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby waltfoster1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:51 pm

The christian holyday is the next day All Souls Day. And as for the christians not being an invading army. They tended to convert by the sword. Close enough for me. Haloween is a pagan holiday, called Samhain (pronounced sow in). It is when the vale between the living and thoes that have passed is the thinest and communication with the ancestors is the easiest. The masks, according to a couple of legends, were started by early christians to scare away the evil spirits. Pagans recognized spirtis corssing over as relatives and envied them in. In some pagan calanders this is New Years. Yes we celebrate it, just real tired of a lot of people placing the spin as christian. Ok, off my soap box.
waltfoster1

Postby CodeBlack » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Well, the Romans converted with the sword too and they brought their pagan religion and if you didn't worship the emperor, you got slaughtered. For example, they put statues of the Emperor in the Hebrew temple in Jerusalem. They didn't care that it was sacrilege. Their way or the highway.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby sheye » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 pm

because most (all?) people are weird paradoxical, hypocrites

How true. Why do parents tell small children that Santa is coming with his reindeer one day, and the next day they tell their children not to make up stories and lie.
sheye

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 am

What are you trying to say about Santa?

THERE'S NO SANTA!?!
:shock:
ARGH!!!!!
:o
:lol:

Next you'll be saying old dogs don't "go to the farm" to enjoy their old age, frolicking about with their fellow aging dog brethren in peace, comfort and joy.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts