The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

My art

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Tairaa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Organic is hard to create for me, it's a lot more difficult then say an aircraft, or a car, or a glass, or a table. I have great difficulty modeling the shape of a human.

Hold on, I'll show you the best I've done so far at modelling a torso.
lol, it takes a while for the program to start up on my computer. :P
There we go. Not too shabby, I guess, but it's way over it's polygon limit for the amount of detail it has, and it doesn't look that great.

Edit:

Excuse the formatting error. :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Looks great, what materials would it be made of if you got the chance to make it real?
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Well, the material editor is a whole new topic in itself, it would require a similar amount of time to learn to use as modelling in itself would. For me I would first try to find a tutorial to create a skin material, and failing that I would apply a texture map. Textures are far superior, cosmetically, but they are harder to do then materials. If I was making a game it would, for the most part, all be done with textures. Texturing is another fundemental art of 3d graphics. The way I see it is like this.

There are 5 key, and fundementally, different aspects of 3d graphic creation.

There is modelling
There is UVW-wrapping, or texturing
There are particles
There are camera management and effects.
There is physics.

Too a lesser degree the material editor would also be a substantial subset, but it's very similar and in many cases is used in combination with texture mapping. And this is all not even to mention the software engineers and programmers, which I consider an entirely different class. Graphic development and Software development, I know not much about the software end of things. I mean, a little bit.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby rath » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Why do all the pics come from different links.

tinypic.com ............. ect ect.
rath

Postby Tairaa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:53 pm

The ones on Tinypic I hadn't previously uploaded.
Tairaa

Postby rath » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 am

Tairaa wrote:The ones on Tinypic I hadn't previously uploaded.

That must be it ........
rath

Postby Tairaa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:49 am

:lol:

Are you trying to say that I've stolen these rough models to falsify myself as an amateur 3d graphic design student? :lol:

Rath, you're genius.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:03 am

Well you cannot blame him for that can you? :mrgreen:

It´s the same as everything else, nothing is 100% untill you see it for yourself being conducted...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Well if I really wanted I could upload the 26 save points before the C-130 was done to it's current level of completion. But not for rath, that wouldn't even be proof to rath.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Well I can´t argue with you no matter what the truth would be so I jsut go along since it doesn´t affect my life in any way :mrgreen:
Dark-Samus

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts