The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Tricky Dick Cheney

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a surprise, knock me over with a feather :roll: :roll: These Phucking people are all cut from the very same cloth. They are in effect " BETTER " than the common citizen, oh if you don't believe that, think that, feel that~~then by all means just ask one of em straight away. :lol: :lol:

This guy is a real piece of work:

Cheney Uncloaks His Frustration With Bush
'Statute of Limitations Has Expired' on Many Secrets, Former Vice President Says

By Barton Gellman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, August 13, 2009

In his first few months after leaving office, former vice president Richard B. Cheney threw himself into public combat against the "far left" agenda of the new commander in chief. More private reflections, as his memoir takes shape in slashing longhand on legal pads, have opened a second front against Cheney's White House partner of eight years, George W. Bush.

Cheney's disappointment with the former president surfaced recently in one of the informal conversations he is holding to discuss the book with authors, diplomats, policy experts and past colleagues. By habit, he listens more than he talks, but Cheney broke form when asked about his regrets.

"In the second term, he felt Bush was moving away from him," said a participant in the recent gathering, describing Cheney's reply. "He said Bush was shackled by the public reaction and the criticism he took. Bush was more malleable to that. The implication was that Bush had gone soft on him, or rather Bush had hardened against Cheney's advice. He'd showed an independence that Cheney didn't see coming. It was clear that Cheney's doctrine was cast-iron strength at all times -- never apologize, never explain -- and Bush moved toward the conciliatory."

The two men maintain respectful ties, speaking on the telephone now and then, though aides to both said they were never quite friends. But there is a sting in Cheney's critique, because he views concessions to public sentiment as moral weakness. After years of praising Bush as a man of resolve, Cheney now intimates that the former president turned out to be more like an ordinary politician in the end.

:lol: :lol: :lol: He said " ORDINARY " :lol: :lol:

Cheney's post-White House career is as singular as his vice presidency, a position he transformed into the hub of power. Drained of direct authority and cast aside by much of the public, he is no less urgently focused, friends and family members said, on shaping events.

The former vice president remains convinced of mortal dangers that few other leaders, in his view, face squarely. That fixed belief does much to explain the conduct that so many critics find baffling. He gives no weight, close associates said, to his low approval ratings, to the tradition of statesmanlike White House exits or to the grumbling of Republicans about his effect on the party brand.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shaping EVENTS~~HELLO PEOPLE~~ :lol: :lol:

Cheney's imprint on law and policy, achieved during the first term at the peak of his influence, had faded considerably by the time he and Bush left office. Bush halted the waterboarding of accused terrorists, closed secret CIA prisons, sought congressional blessing for domestic surveillance, and reached out diplomatically to Iran and North Korea, which Cheney believed to be ripe for "regime change."

CHENEY TRYING TO TAKE OVER COUNTRIES: :lol: :lol: The HELL with what us normal people say and think about where are tax dollars are best served. Bomb em I say fucking bomb em! :lol: :lol:

That's right people I said Bomb em to death!

It's nice to see what some so blindly support via unabashed blind IGNORANCE. They follow their leaders regardless of the path, like sheep of a cliff, unaware yet ever faithful.

Just like a school kid beaten in a pick up game of shirts vs skins, he's gonna take his ball and go home. Despite being beaten he'll end the game on his terms, the hell with anything he's done or said in the past. Talk about ORDINARY :lol: :lol: :lol: A few other words come to mind, my mind anyway!

Please do read the rest, for as usual the summation is always validated within the last few paragraphs. This piece is no different, just like the principal of which this venom was drawn from. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phucking unbridled audacity and arrogance. I'd have to give Bush a wink and a nod for it's quite possible he really was dangled from the strings by the PTB MASTERS. Sure looks that way to the trained eye. Obviously he did something to piss them off.

Any takers on it being " NOT " signing off on Iran before leaving Office! ;) Just my two cents worth.

And surely Mr Cheney this is but my humble opinion, so let's not get our knickers in a twist! ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 6.html?g=0

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Damn Texans, all the same! :D
greeney2

Postby SteelDog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

People give way too much power to Cheney. He is a facilitator and nothing more. He takes his orders from the power elite or he dies, it is just that simple. He's been around for so long because he is a trusted and loyal foot soldier for the power elite. If he steps out of line, the unseen hands of power would have him in Bethesda faster than you can say "where's my damn pace maker?"

All Texans the same? Tsk, Tsk, I don't think so!!
SteelDog

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

SteelDog wrote:People give way too much power to Cheney. He is a facilitator and nothing more. He takes his orders from the power elite or he dies, it is just that simple. He's been around for so long because he is a trusted and loyal foot soldier for the power elite. If he steps out of line, the unseen hands of power would have him in Bethesda faster than you can say "where's my damn pace maker?"

All Texans the same? Tsk, Tsk, I don't think so!!

Yes I agree with the above, very true, sorry I didn't elaborate further. He's uncomfortable in the spotlight so it's apparent that he's playing a role, acting out for those he serves. ;)

I wonder when his next Quail hunt is scheduled? :lol: :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 am

Maybe the OLD GOAT is losing his memory. :lol: :lol: YOU LIE :twisted:

Cheney to FBI: No idea who leaked Plame's identity

Too much Whiskey there Dick! Cook what's left of your brain mate?

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer Pete Yost, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 6 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Citing faulty memory, former Vice President Dick Cheney told federal investigators in a 2004 interview he had no idea who revealed to reporters that Valerie Plame, the wife of a Bush administration critic, worked for the CIA.

Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, was convicted of perjury, obstruction and lying to the FBI in the probe of who leaked the former spy's identity to the news media. At the end of Libby's trial, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald said "there is a cloud over the vice president" regarding the leaking of Plame's identity.

A summary of the FBI's interview with the then-vice president reflects that he had deep concern about Plame's husband, Joseph Wilson, a former U.S. ambassador in Africa who said the administration had twisted prewar intelligence on Iraq.

A little hazy! :lol: :roll:

In the FBI's interview, Cheney's memory of key events appeared hazy.

Oh but wait Libby wrote it down: Why would he do that? :lol:

Cheney told FBI agents that he did not recall discussing Wilson's wife with Libby before her CIA employment was publicly revealed by conservative columnist Robert Novak on July 14, 2003. Libby's own notes produced at his trial reflect that Cheney told him about the CIA employment of Wilson's wife in mid-June 2003, a month before Plame's CIA job became public knowledge.

Following Libby's conviction, President George W. Bush commuted Libby's 30-month prison sentence but rejected Cheney's appeals to pardon Libby.

In the interview, whose participants included Fitzgerald, the vice president said the identity of Valerie Wilson and her employment were not high on his radar screen and that her employment with the CIA and relationship to Wilson did not figure prominently in his thinking. Cheney also told agents that he did not recall having a conversation about either Plame or her husband with Bush.

Sorry boyz I'm an old Grizzled Politician: I DO NOT RECALL

The arrogance of this Bastard has no bounds: Amateur Hour out at the CIA. :lol:

In his FBI interview, Cheney said his initial reaction to the Wilson article was his sense that it was "amateur hour" out at the CIA.

Cheney said The New York Times piece was disturbing. Cheney said he was most disturbed because it was now being made to look as though the vice president had personally sent Wilson on the trip. The vice president said that all he had done was to make a legitimate inquiry of a CIA briefer in February 2002 about Niger and Iraq.

Plame was outed in Novak's column as a CIA employee eight days after Wilson attacked the administration in The New York Times piece.

Cheney said it was then-CIA Director George Tenet who told him sometime before the July 6, 2003, publication of Wilson's opinion piece in The New York Times that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA, but Cheney said he was uncertain when that was

Seedy would be too kind a word for Mr Cheney, far too kind!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091031/ap_ ... y_cia_leak

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby screamzero » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Dick doesn't set well w/ u Cole...try bicarbonate of soda, your tits are showing.
screamzero

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts