The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Cryptozoology

Chupacabra video? Check it out...

Sightings of bigfoot, lake monsters around the world, and the chupacabras are just some of the many cryptozoological stories on the rise! Although many of these stories are controversial - some have evidence that defies belief.

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm

-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Aquatank » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 am

reminds me of that hairless 'coyote' from last year. http://elsuenoamericano.wordpress.com/2 ... hupacabra/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... cabra.html

However, the earliest sighting of the critter indicated something more primate with spines and leaping/flying ability. I don't think a new species of canine fits the bill except by the carcasses it leaves.
Aquatank

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm

It's a fun subject, to be sure. However, with the prevalence of other strange creatures in the Desert Southwest, I'd say it's a coyote. Especially since it looks like one.

The other creatures in question are the jackalope...

and the henway, both unusual and both highly prevalent in sleepy backwater Texas and New Mexico towns.

Okay, so nobody ever turned that old saw into a critter. Here's a consolation link. Enjoy!
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Aquatank » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Okay first of all the Chupacabra is originally from Puerto Rico if I remember right, So Coyote is questionable.

Second of all, and this is important Jackalopes are real, they just aren't a species. What they are is a rabbit with a particular virus called Shope papilloma. http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~hollidac/jackalope.html
Aquatank

Postby vulcan6gun » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Sorry, I meant to reply sooner. Thanks for the thing on jackalopes, I'll buy it for one or two oddballs here or there, though it doesn't explain all the mounted ones I've seen. I'm quite certain THOSE were fake. Generally, they were made by--guess what--TAXIDERMISTS. ;)

As for 'The Goatsucker', its physical description has changed over time as well as by geographical area. Here, have one that was still alive when photographed. Poor critter! :(

Still, it's an interesting subject. There has to be thousands of species out there that haven't been catalogued yet. :)
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Aquatank » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Oh I know 99.9% of the mountings are fakes, probably because no one believed that real ones existed.

But here's one for ya for years we've ben told rhinos were unicorns, turns out the unicorn was probably a lot closer to Italy, and now we have a better candidate if the anomoly was common enough in the middle ages.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/06/1 ... italy.html

Lets look at it this way people see stuff and report what they see most accurate first off and its later embellished by others. In the case of chupacabras we have early cases of a primate that gets in to houses and even attempts to steal babies, in later cases we have people in a different region rationalizing similar animal kills as some sort of canine. What you have is two different species, but only the first is the true chupacabra the other is something else.

Just wait until we start getting better looks at sea serpents.
Aquatank

Postby Aquatank » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 pm

An alleged Cupacabra (canine-like version) is now on display until Halloween in the Lost World Museum in New York, according to todays news. Also its DNA results have not been revealed yet.
Aquatank

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 am

You guys sure it´s not just Chewie running arund? :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Aquatank » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 am

Nah its too short to be a wookie it might be a Ewok with a hang glider though. Nyub Nyub :lol:
Aquatank

Postby vulcan6gun » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 am

Vulcan6gun

vulcan6gun

Next

Return to Cryptozoology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts