The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Hijacking Science For God

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby BornAquarius » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:51 pm

October 05, 2009
Hijacking Science For God
A Jesuit priest is hijacking astrophysics to prove the existence of a God who, despite being omnipotent and the master of world without end, amen, apparently needs people to poke their noses into wildly unsuitable fields and act as His PR. Never mind how using the Big Bang to prove Catholicism is like using triple-chocolate-shakes as a diet.

Father Robert J. Spitzer, PhD, outlines a case which is very hard to argue with, but not for the reasons you'd like. He describes modern big bang theories, shows that they all demand a singularity point, and obviously such singularity points require the existence of a Creator. Well done if you spotted the break in the chain of reasoning there - it's on par with saying "two plus two is four, four plus four is eight, so therefore eight is a magical number of mystical power." It's difficult to argue with the logic because the (extremely) arguable step has no logic at all.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... r-god.html

"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts