The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

Newsmax : Military Coup Needed 'To Resolve Obama Problem

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby BornAquarius » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 am

Rachel Slajda | September 30, 2009, 9:39AM

Newsmax Columnist: Military Coup May Be Needed 'To Resolve The Obama Problem'

In a column published yesterday, Newsmax's John L. Perry wrote that there is a "gaining" possibility that the military will stage a coup to "resolve the 'Obama problem.'"

Newsmax has apparently removed the column from its site. Links are now redirected to the homepage, and Perry's author page has no mention of his latest work. You can read the full text here.
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2 ... ary_co.php
The coup -- which would be "civilized" and "bloodless," according to Perry -- would consist of a "patriotic general" sitting down with the President and working out a new system in which "skilled, military-trained, nation-builders" would "do the serious business of governing and defending the nation" while Obama would still be allowed to make speeches.
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.co ... roblem.php
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Crap, dumbest idea I've ever heard.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:30 am

Statement from Newsmax Regarding Blogger
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:35 AM
By: Newsmax Media

In a blog posting to Newsmax, John Perry wrote about a coup scenario involving the U.S. military. He clearly stated that he was not advocating such a scenario but simply describing one.

After several reader complaints, Newsmax wanted to ensure that this article was not misinterpreted. It was removed a short time after being posted.

Newsmax strongly believes in the principles of Constitutional government and would never advocate or insinuate any suggestion of an activity that would undermine our democracy or democratic institutions.

Mr. Perry served as a political appointee in the Carter administration in HUD and FEMA. He has no official relationship with Newsmax other than as an unpaid blogger
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby BornAquarius » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:54 pm

"Mr. Perry served as a political appointee in the Carter administration in HUD and FEMA. He has no official relationship with Newsmax other than as an unpaid blogger"

That may be the case but they certainly don't care what is posted now do they..
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts