The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Good product for foggy headlights lens.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:54 am

This is way off anything we talk about, but if you have this problem, this is something you will love finding. My Dodge truck has clear headlight lens, but have gone from totally clear to a totally foggy like color, that blocks about 50% of your light illumination. On a dark residential street, its so dim you can't see the road without brights, and even the brights are deminished by that amount. I called the Dodge dealers, and the headlight lens are over $200 each, from aftermarket places less but still a big chunk of change, 200-250 for the pair.

Long story short, I had herd they can be reworked and polished out, than found out there is a product you can buy to fix them. I had only herd detailing places can fix them for about $100.

Mequires Waxes makes a headlight retoration kid that costs about $25. I thought that was a little expensive, as I've tried other things, only to have wasted good money. I was hesitiate to try it, but I did anyway. This kit includes the liquid you use, but also comes with an arbor and and about a 3-4" buffing disc attached to the arbor, plus a final hand polishing cloth. It all just attaches to any drill. After driving for years with it getting progressively worse, within 20 minutes this stuff restored them both to a brand new clear lens. I now have 100% of the beam hitting the road, instead of around 1/2. I just used my recharable drill, and it took about 10 minutes per side, and I was amazed at the results. It takes so little of the liquid, there is probably enough left to do 20 more cars with it.

Really an amazing product that if you need it, its just what will fix your headlights. Mine were to a point of really being dangerous, not seeing the road. Easy stuff to use, well worth buying if your vehicle has this same problem.
greeney2

Postby _Billy_ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 pm

20 more vehicles eh? Come do mine. :lol:
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby bluesman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 pm

i used tooth paste on mine...

soft cotton cloth like and old diaper.

worked great..

bluz
Attachments
328750544_s.jpg
328750544_s.jpg (4.14 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
UFO HARD EVIDENCE THE BOB WHITE OBJECT!
http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index.cgi
Breaking news at above site!
bluesman

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm on the way with homemade beer and my headlight kit! Fire up that BBQ, I'll want to know what good ol' real southern BBQ tastes like Billy. :D Bluesman knows its froglegs, if I head his direction. :D Come to think of it, they are on the way to you! :lol:
greeney2

Postby bluesman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

i have a table waiting greeney.2....greeney one turned me down.. :lol: :lol:

so there are plenty left..

bluz
Attachments
amp.gif
amp.gif (12.98 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
UFO HARD EVIDENCE THE BOB WHITE OBJECT!
http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index.cgi
Breaking news at above site!
bluesman

Postby evutch » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 pm

wow greeny, THANKS for that info!!!
i'm playing the brights game with mine..
if i remeber right, i DID consider the toothpaste thing though..
so, i'll look this up.
who the hell designed that crap?
evutch

Postby _Billy_ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

I made the best barbecue sauce that I have ever eaten this past weekend. Used it on some pork chops and chicken and it turned out great.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 pm

If I'd known about toothpaste I would have tried it first, but I was tickeled pink to find the headlight kit, and have something work you pay for, for a change. :D

You are getting me hungry Billy. I got 3 separate kegs of different beers brewing today. These kegs make 8 - 1 liter bottles each, so I have 24 liters fermenting now. The fermenting stage takes about 1-2 weeks depending on the brew. By tommorrow morning that keg will be churning inside. If you add fruit extracts, they reallly get active and could burst if the vent gets clogged. These 3 should take 2 weeks since I kicked them up a little with unhopped malt extract and booster. Those will be 5.3% beer, and the other one I;m doing will be 4.6% beer. anything you buy in the stores will be 3.7% max by law. The color of the beers, aroma, flavor, and the carbonation is just amazing. When you carbonize natually its amazing to seen the amount of bubbles compared to store beer. One bottle I did, I must have gave it a double shot of sugar by mistake. The second I opened it, it flowed contunuously like a bottle of champaigne for at 20 seconds. Lucky the bottle didn;t burst on me during that week of carbonation.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm

REALLY?

We have beer that is over 7.0
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I may be wrong, but I thougth all beer in the USA sold was limited to 3.7% Correct me if I;m wrong, other states could have different laws, but I thought it was the same in all states.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts