The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Easter Bunny

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 am

Jesus wasn't born on December 24th, Mithra and others were (so the stories go). Jesus was born when the shepherds were out in the fields, after Spring and the grasses had grown, not during the middle of winter.

As far as passover, "good" Friday, Easter, etc? Judaism comes from Paganism as well. The Talmud comes from Babylon, a Pagan area. Yahweh was a Pagan god elevated to the One. The Torah comes from the Talmud and the Talmud comes from the Torah. But, they originated with Pagan beliefs. This is why the Talmud is always referred to as the "Babylonian Talmud". It is Pagan in it's roots.

The Romans had a Mithra cult and (IMO) the Mithra that came from Zoroastrianism and the Persians. Mithra too had 12 deciples and was resurrected after 3 days, etc. But, Mithra was around way before Jesus. And, Jesus never fulfilled the prophecies of the Hebrews.

Yes, there was a melding of Pagan tradition with what the church. But, I've never seen a Monotheistic religion that didn't have it's roots in Paganism, ever! They don't exist. Even Zoroastrianism, which I believe was the first Monotheistic religion, had it's roots in Paganism.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby fortwynt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm

All true.

I would tend to believe though that regardless of what "god" mankind elevates to this or that level, there is still a true one God whatever or whoever that may be....Personally i dont feel it can be nailed down precisely as one tends to want to do....but i still feel "it" is there.
fortwynt

Postby greeney2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Well, it would be different if it was explained to kids that it is all pretend. I would have been fine with that one. But, claiming it is real is a lie. A "white" lie perhaps, but a lie none-the-less.

Why? so you aclimate them to disapointment and harsh reality ASAP, destroy their wonder, crush their innocence? They learn Santa is pretend growing up normally, at an age where this is part of growing up? The innocence disappears, but not the wonder of life at the same time. Life will have enough times it kicks you in the teeth as it is, maybe a happy childhood, love, and protecting them as long as possible, will keep them out of bars and jails, when they are 30.

All I can say is, my wife's Motherly instincts in this department Thank God, genrated 2 kids 34 & 28, who know her endearing qualities, that still today include an Easter Basket and something from Santa every year. If thats something bad, I guess you are right.
greeney2

Postby pandasex » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:59 pm

i tell my son that there is no easter bunny and as far as i know there isnt any proof of the whole Christ rising from the dead thing. I am equal opportunity, when he asks about aliens. I tell him I have never seen one and there is yet to be scientific proof. He has a sincere interest in ufos, aliens. I tried to have him not watch things with me but the older he gets the more he wants to know and watch with me. I told him when he is older (he is only 9) he can research and explore religion and i would help him with materials. This way its his choice to believe what he wants to believe clean slate, as his OWN person.
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby screamzero » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Christ...really. Whats the point in learning how to forgive yourself? Eat the bunny....makes good hossenfeffer.
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Forgiving yourself is just nonsense really.
Same with forgiving a murderer.
IT´s just stupid and doesn´t help you or anyone else. :roll:
It´s all in your head...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts