The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

If you think heat could not collapse the WTC!

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Tairaa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Multiply mass by velocity, then square the result. 8-)

If you multiply the mass by the speed of light and square the result, you get a mushroom...cloud. :shock:

I require a bit more explanation, as.

We can assume E=E, right?

And we know that E=MC^2
So how can E=MV^2 also?

I've done some looking, and I can't find any references to your equation. The closest I can find is E=1/2(MV)^2 written in various forms, but all include energy being equivocal to half of the product of mass times velocity squared.

But even so, whichever way is correct, or if both are correct E still can't equal E.

As in
E=MC^2≠MV^2 (See post note)
and
E=MC^2≠(MV^2)/2

PS: Unless of course with V we're talking about V of light... Which apparently makes sense, something about matter and energy being made of the same rudimentary stuff, and subatomic particles vibrating at V/M..

Or something..
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Questioner101 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm

What heat was in Building 7? No plane hit it.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Tairaa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Officially: Falling debris ignited fuel tanks in the buildings lower levels somewhere. Making it the third and final building so far in history to receive asymetrical structural damage, burn, and collapse with no horizontal movement.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby vulcan6gun » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 am

Ah. Got it, here's where the snag was popping up: wrong Bernoulli. Try Johann instead of Daniel, look up kinetic energy instead of Bernoulli's principle. It would appear there's more than one 'Bernoulli's equation'. :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy

If we relegate the basis for Einstein's equation to antiquity and use the other formula (E=1/2MV^2), the energy release from an airliner's impact is still huge. Let's make Cole happy for a moment and reduce the airplane to a Cessna, weighing in at two tons and travelling at 150 knots. One half the mass times the square of the velocity yields an impact force of 22,500 TONS. :shock:

I'm not going to bother explaining why a twin-prop Cessna couldn't knock down the WTC, but for anyone that wants to freak out their friends, try calculating how much damage you could do with 5 grams of pigeon poop travelling at light speed. :lol:

Tairaa, the old formula still applies for relativistic velocity calculations. And 'C' is used as a constant to represent the velocity of light. Velocity=speed and versa-vice. 8-)
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Previous

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts