The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Israel PM calls for 'crippling sanctions' against Iran

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby mael » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:37 am

hxxx wrote:Sorry to burst your disinfo bubble greeney2, but Ahmadinjad has never threatened to "wipe israel off the map."

Juan Cole wrote:Ahmadinejad did not use that phrase in Persian. He quoted an old saying of Ayatollah Khomeini calling for 'this occupation regime over Jerusalem" to "vanish from the page of time.' Calling for a regime to vanish is not the same as calling for people to be killed...

...There is no such idiom in Persian and it is not what he said, and the mistranslation gives entirely the wrong impression. Wars can start over bad translations.

http://www.juancole.com/2007/06/ahmadin ... mitic.html

Anyone up to the challenge of showing the above to be wrong?

This is correct. Israel deliberately mistranslated. Oh what a surprise.
mael

Postby rath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:40 am

True that.
rath

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 am

hxxx wrote:
Juan Cole wrote:Ahmadinejad did not use that phrase in Persian. He quoted an old saying of Ayatollah Khomeini calling for 'this occupation regime over Jerusalem" to "vanish from the page of time.' Calling for a regime to vanish is not the same as calling for people to be killed...
...There is no such idiom in Persian and it is not what he said, and the mistranslation gives entirely the wrong impression. Wars can start over bad translations.
http://www.juancole.com/2007/06/ahmadin ... mitic.html

Anyone up to the challenge of showing the above to be wrong?

Heh. No prob, genius. First, explain what the hell it DOES mean, if it doesn't mean the obvious. Second, explain why Ahmadinejad isn't the one so desperately trying to defuse the comment.

In other words, I believe in fairness, not stupidity. Y'all want to be led by the nose and claim it's us other guys being led, go for it. I hope you never get proven wrong, or at least not the hard way.
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby mael » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:54 pm

vulcan6gun wrote:Heh. No prob, genius. First, explain what the hell it DOES mean, if it doesn't mean the obvious. Second, explain why Ahmadinejad isn't the one so desperately trying to defuse the comment.

* Quote what you want clarified and I'll try to explain 'it.'

In other words, I believe in fairness, not stupidity. Y'all want to be led by the nose and claim it's us other guys being led, go for it. I hope you never get proven wrong, or at least not the hard way.

* In the case of 'us' being proven wrong then why should 'we' worry? It's you 'others' who need to be concerned.

+ the duly elected president of Iran has never directly threatened war against 'Israel' but he has made it clear they would defend themselves if attacked. Fortunately 'Israelis' aren't the only ones who can translate from Persian or they could get away with saying anything, couldn't they.
mael

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:31 pm

My sincerest apologies, Maelstrom. I was under the impression you were literate. :oops:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby hxxx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Funny thing is, Ahmadinejad is just the barking dog put out front for show.

His finger isn't even on the trigger. He is not commander of the Irani armed forces. Khomeini is.

Ahmadinejad's words have clearly been knowingly misinterpreted and broadcast as such.

I'd question the motives of the anyone that knowingly misrepresents what anyone said.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't agree with their motives...maybe even their methods.

However, no self-respecting individual likes being lied to.
hxxx

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:51 pm

hxxx wrote:His finger isn't even on the trigger. He is not commander of the Irani armed forces. Khomeini is.

You mean Montazeri.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:37 pm

I'd question the motives of the anyone that knowingly misrepresents what anyone said.

As would I!
And rightly so.

This whole thing is known to be a misinterpretation. Probably intentional, since we're dealing with Israel.

He never said he would wipe Israel off the map. Or that Israel should be wiped of the map. Or that Israel will be wiped off the map. He never said any of these things.
Not once.

So 100% of the argument is, you know, null.

Anyone who disagrees is free to do so, but I mean... In the name of getting facts straight, wtf?
It's like quote mining, plus misrepresentation of information. Can we say "Agenda"?

It's a shame to see so many intelligent people see it for something it's not, and then defend it as something it's not even when it's been shown conclusively that it's not the case.

If you feel it hasn't been conclusively shown to not be the case feel free to post why you feel this way.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby mael » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:47 am

vulcan6gun wrote:My sincerest apologies, Maelstrom. I was under the impression you were literate. :oops:

I acknowledge your attempt to apologise.

But I wouldn't accept your apologies even if you made an effort at being sincere you Vacuous windbag.

Try staying on topic and leave-out your piss-poor attempts at appraising my capabilities.
mael

Previous

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts