The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Editorial: Easy gun access kills

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:
Aquarian wrote:Sure, the assault weapons ban's expiration is an abomination.

No, it really isn't.

Agreed.

Why would it matter what a single fire rifle looks like, as long as it's single fire?

I can see not allowing fully automatic weapons, but banning single fire weapons because they have the skin or body of a military assault rifle is a bit silly.

Nah, it's more then a bit silly. It goes to show the easy manipulation of people is in practice, we have all these underinformed individuals against assault rifles, who don't realize they function the same as any other single fire rifle or hand gun.

But w/e.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby jaydeehess » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:Also, do you have any statistics on how guns that were purchased at gun shows have been recorded in a firearm case?

No, I don't but who ha the most to lose if a gun can be traced? You, who puts up with the slight inconvienience of having to be checked for a criminal record, or someone who has one?

I figure most criminals who plan on committing crimes again would just buy them illegally, and as we all know, a lot of crazy people aren't crazy until they actually go through with it.

Yep there's no accounting for first timers and you knew I was not refering to them. I was refering to persons who have already shown society that they cannot be trusted to behave in the best interests of society.

As for the illegal purchase of firearms, yep it will occur. So does robbery, we going to make it legal because the criminals do it anyway?
Worried about slowing down the ability of law abiding persons to defend themselves? That would apply only to the first firearm one buys, maybe the second. Afterall you only have two hands. You may desire another or several more but you already have the protection that a firearm allows you.
"What if the bad guy has an automatic weapon? Then I need one too"
Are you protecting yourself and your family or starting a police force? For the most common senario for a family in which one might want a firearm, a break-in, all you need is a hand gun (greater ease of use in a confined space) or shotgun ( dead-eye aim unneccesary in close encounters). If a drug cartel is pissed at you specifically, it might be a different story.
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:04 pm

jaydeehess wrote:Yep there's no accounting for first timers and you knew I was not refering to them. I was refering to persons who have already shown society that they cannot be trusted to behave in the best interests of society.

Well, I didn't, which is why I brought it up.

As for the illegal purchase of firearms, yep it will occur. So does robbery, we going to make it legal because the criminals do it anyway?

Are you slipping in a smartass remark or am I just paranoid?

"What if the bad guy has an automatic weapon? Then I need one too"
Are you protecting yourself and your family or starting a police force? For the most common senario for a family in which one might want a firearm, a break-in, all you need is a hand gun (greater ease of use in a confined space) or shotgun ( dead-eye aim unneccesary in close encounters). If a drug cartel is pissed at you specifically, it might be a different story.

My reasoning for having full autos is more towards the fact that if the government ever tried to actually force us down, we could have ample ability to rise up and fight back.

Also, it'd be fun as f**k to take an M-16 or AK-47 to the range on a Sunday afternoon and destroy the hell out of paper plates and soda pop cans.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Also, it'd be fun as f**k to take an M-16 or AK-47 to the range on a Sunday afternoon and destroy the hell out of paper plates and soda pop cans.

Damn right!

My father knows a couple of guys who have a range on a small little partially populated island between our larger island and the mainland and they've got a nice arsenal of weapons there..

m-16, c-6,c-7,c-8,c-9, m14, ak-47... The list goes on.

Too my knowledge they are all single fire though, but yeah, it would definitely be a blast to unload for a bit on some targets.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts